Music Gear News

At Gear4music.com we update our news channel daily to ensure you always get the latest and most important music news.

Ne-Yo scared to record Jackson tribute

Ne-Yo is afraid to record songs he wrote for sadly passed singer Michael Jackson because he doesn't want people to think he's cashing in.
Great deals on musical instruments

Ne-Yo is afraid to record songs he wrote for Michael Jackson because he doesn't want people to think he's cashing in.

The 'Beautiful Monster' singer had worked on a number of songs for the late 'Thriller' singer's comeback last year, before he tragically died of acute Propofol intoxication days before he was due to return to the stage, and now he says he's afraid of recording them himself.

Ne-Yo said: "Michael told me the songs had to be magical. 'Magical' was a word that kept coming up. He chose about ten of my songs for his new album. But I don't know what to do with them now.

"I'm afraid that if I make a tribute record people will think I'm cashing in on my idol."

Ne-Yo has previously said that when Michael initially called him about working together in 2008 he wouldn't believe it was the 'King Of Pop' and put the phone down on him.

He said: "I actually hung up on him because I thought someone was playing.

"I was like, 'Who's this?' and the reply came, 'This is Michael Jackson.' Click.

"Then his representative called back. 'This is Peter Lopez. I have Michael Jackson on the phone.' And I was like, 'Oh my God. Are you serious?' And then I apologized for the next ten minutes. Any comedian who has ever made fun of Michael Jackson was right on. Sad but true. He does have a very high, not very manly voice."

'One in a Million', Ne-Yo's third single from his new album, 'Libra Scale', is available to download now.

Posted on 1 Oct 2010 16:30 to category : Music News

Related Music News

thumbnail

Specifically designed to be used in conjunction with the BOSS Katana 100W Head, the 212 Boss cabinet responds perfectly to every nuance and characteristic of BOSS' flagship solid state.

26 Oct 2017 13:30
thumbnail

With the advent of various new files formats and the cancelling of several licensing programs, the MP3 is speculated to soon become a thing of the past.

17 May 2017 12:40
thumbnail

JBL Professional has launched a competition that gives aspiring musician the opportunity to record in a professional facility with renowned producer Steve Levine.

8 May 2017 14:48
thumbnail

Delivered by Choreographer and Theater Director Arlene Phillips, The Bacc For the Future campaign has acquired support of over 100 hundred influential figures

28 Mar 2017 12:28
thumbnail

On the 22nd of April, Pink Floyd will be releasing an unheard version of the iconic classic 'Interstellar Overdrive' in celebration of world record day

23 Mar 2017 15:29
thumbnail

With an increased quality of specifications right across the board, Apple's eponymous 'iPad' will host a whole generous selection of great new features.

22 Mar 2017 15:09

Recent Music News

thumbnail

Only 22 Adam Clayton Signature Model Bass Guitars in Purple Sparkle Finish are available in the UK

21 Nov 2017 17:00
thumbnail

Announced at this year's NAMM Summer Show, the Fender Justin Meldal-Johnsen Road Worn Mustang Bass is now available

21 Nov 2017 10:23
thumbnail

The KHDK Kirk Hammett Ghoul JR Overdrive delivers signature overdrive/distortion tones in a tiny micro-sized pedal format

17 Nov 2017 13:25
thumbnail

Wampler announces the Tumnus Deluxe Overdrive Pedal - a new and improved tribute to a renowned overdrive pedal

16 Nov 2017 13:08
thumbnail

The Epiphone Ltd Ed Joe Bonamassa 1958 "Amos" Korina Flying-V Guitar Outfit is a highly collectable yet gig-able instrument, with special signature appointments

15 Nov 2017 13:55
thumbnail

The Apogee MiC Plus builds on the success of the 2011 MiC, bringing plug-and-play studio-grade recording quality to iOS devices and laptops

14 Nov 2017 17:00