Music Gear News
How to Arm a Track and Record in Ableton
Ableton Live is a professional loop-based software music software for Windows and Mac OS. It is designed to be as much a tool of live performance as an instrument. Ableton is peerless as a tool for composing and arranging on the fly.
- Open Ableton
- Goto Options > Preferences
- Check that Audio Input Device and Audio Output Device are set to the name of the soundcard or audio interface that you are using.
- Click on Input Config
- Arm all available channels
- Click Ok and exit the preference window
For the following please refer to diagram
- In the track labeled Audio From select Ext. In and then the channel of choice
- To monitor what is being recorded click on the In button in the Monitor section (for playback this must be returned to Auto).
- Click the small button with a circle on at the bottom of the track to turn it red and arm it
- When the track is armed the formerly Square buttons within the track will turn to Circles
- Clicking on a Circle begins recording.
- As you can see there are many sections like this in the track. Using Ableton you can record many takes / versions / loops all on the same track.
Related Music News
Don't leave it to trial and error. With a bit of research, you can find your perfect pair of drumsticks.
Gear4music social media competitions | terms and conditions of entry
Update available to improve performance and fix bugs.
Shure recently discussed how guitarists can achieve great results when recording at home or in a small project studio. We took a look and picked out our favourite points.
Some people could find the prospect of recording an electric guitar quite daunting, but musicians and engineers in fact have many options open to them.
Musicians who record at home to produce demos or professional quality recordings can build up a vast array of equipment to come up with their ideal sound. However, it is not just the instruments themselves that can determine how a recording turns out, as the engineering and production can potentially make or break a track.
Recent Music News
The HeadRush MX5: the most compact, powerful, and easy to use guitar processor to date...
RANE collaborates with A-Trak on a signature, limited-edition Battle Mixer.
Premium guitar. Built-in synth capabilities. BOSS announces an exciting new venture with its first-ever solo guitar project.
Akai MPC 2.10 update further reaffirms you can truly stand alone with an MPC
Our quest to find the ultimate Boss stompbox is over. Read more to see how close the competition got and win your very own pedalboard.
She kept us entertained during quarantine with the release of Folklore, but what's the secret to Taylor Swift's Long Pond Studio sound? We've picked apart the Disney movie to bring you the equipment you can use to recreate those bluesy folk tones.