Music Gear News
How to Arm a Track and Record in Ableton
Ableton Live is a professional loop-based software music software for Windows and Mac OS. It is designed to be as much a tool of live performance as an instrument. Ableton is peerless as a tool for composing and arranging on the fly.
- Open Ableton
- Goto Options > Preferences
- Check that Audio Input Device and Audio Output Device are set to the name of the soundcard or audio interface that you are using.
- Click on Input Config
- Arm all available channels
- Click Ok and exit the preference window
For the following please refer to diagram
- In the track labeled Audio From select Ext. In and then the channel of choice
- To monitor what is being recorded click on the In button in the Monitor section (for playback this must be returned to Auto).
- Click the small button with a circle on at the bottom of the track to turn it red and arm it
- When the track is armed the formerly Square buttons within the track will turn to Circles
- Clicking on a Circle begins recording.
- As you can see there are many sections like this in the track. Using Ableton you can record many takes / versions / loops all on the same track.
Related Music News
Update available to improve performance and fix bugs.
Shure recently discussed how guitarists can achieve great results when recording at home or in a small project studio. We took a look and picked out our favourite points.
Recreate the Brazilian carnival atmosphere at your World Cup party with our Samba instruments.
Many parents want to encourage their child to take up an instrument early on in life. Music can be a fun and rewarding activity for children but knowing where to start can be tricky. Here are our top picks for ideal starter instruments for children under 7.
You've spent ages perfecting your sound and now it's time to let others hear it too. Read our 8 Tips for Putting on a Great Live Show.
When you're shopping for a loudspeaker, often the specifications can seem a bit confusing! Use this guide to help you demystify common terms and find the right speaker for your needs.
Recent Music News
A piano that offers no compromises with either its sound or functionality, the MP7SE is ideal for the professional performer in need of a versatile voice.
BOSS are celebrating their 40th anniversary in style this year with the Pedal Perks Club, in which users are entitled to various free gifts and prizes.
Pioneer has released their latest sampler, the Pioneer DJ DJ DJS-1000 Standalone Sampler. With intuitive features, its the ideal companion to the live DJ.
Presonus introduce the next addition to their line-up, the Faderport 16. With various intuitive features, the Faderport 16 is ideal for the live sound engineer.
A digital piano that's ideally suited to the intermediate player, the Roland RP-102 Digital Piano hosts a number of intuitive features for the developing pianist.
The Darkglass Microtubes B3K V2 Bass Overdrive pedal is the quintessential tool for those bassists looking to develop and diversify their bass sound.