View Full Description
Learning doesn't have to take forever
And with the Roland AE-01, it doesn't.
With its intuitive design and simple recorder-style fingering, the AE-01 will have you playing in minutes. You don't need ultra-flexible fingers or a photographic memory. The AE-01 has been built to let you learn and create with ease. And you're not tied down to a limited number of notes either. Using Roland's free companion app, you can instantly transpose your instrument's digital sound engine to play in any key you desire, so you can literally play anything.
It isn't just the fingering that makes the AE-01 easy to use either. Mastering your tone has never been easier. Alongside the digital sound engine that offers instantaneous great sound, the AE-01 boasts an expressive breath sensor. You don't have to worry about practicing complex breath control techniques. Simply blow into the mouthpiece, take advantage of the AE-01's intuitive fingering, and that's it. You're playing.
A world of sonic discovery
When you're playing an instrument, you want it to sound good. And that's exactly what you get with the AE-01. With its high-performance digital sound engine, every note you play is designed to sound spectacular.
With six built-in sounds, you have a diverse sonic palette to choose from. Saxophone, flute, violin, clarinet, trumpet, and synthesizer sounds are all available to you right out of the box. But it doesn't stop there. With the Aerophone mini Plus app for iOS and Android, which you can connect your AE-01 to via Bluetooth, you can take advantage of over 50 more sounds. It's like having an entire orchestra in the palm of your hand. It's easy to choose your sound too. Each sound is organised by type in the app, so finding the one you want is quick and easy.
Want to play in the bathroom? What about on the side of a mountain? With the AE-01, you can. Thanks to a compact and lightweight battery-powered design, you can take your instrument absolutely anywhere.
A handy built-in speaker means you can hear every note no matter where you are. You don't have to worry about plugging into external speakers so that you can practice. Plus, if you're in a noisy environment, or if you want to practice without disturbing anyone else around you, you can simply plug a pair of headphones into the 3.5mm headphone/output socket. Plugging headphones in automatically mutes the built-in speaker, so you're free to play in peace no matter where you are. Plus, you can still play along with songs that you're streaming from the companion app, as these play through your headphones too!
Play it your way
No matter what, the AE-01 lets you play exactly the way you want to. Thanks to the free Aerophone mini Plus companion app, you have a huge variety of options to personalise your playing experience. Change sounds, adjust the breath sensitivity, create your own unique fingerings, and more.
Adjusting the breath sensitivity lets you adapt your instrument to accommodate for lighter breath pressure, which is ideal for when you're just starting out. Combined with the ability to store and recall up to ten fingering layouts, you can customise your AE-01 to fit your needs. And you can change your settings at any time should those needs ever change.
What's more, the AE-01 also lets you take advantage of sounds from other music apps. Supporting MIDI control via Bluetooth, you can connect your instrument and compose music in a huge variety of third-party applications. The AE-01 may be small, but the creative possibilities are endless...
In the box
- Roland AE-01 Aerophone Mini
- Neck Strap
- Mouthpiece Cap
- USB Cable (Power, Type-A)
- Owner's Manual
- Compact and ergonomic digital wind instrument
- Intuitive playability makes learning easy and fun
- Six high-quality onboard sounds - saxophone, flute, clarinet, violin, and more
- Over 50 additional sounds with the free Aerophone mini Plus app
- App is available for both iOS and Android devices
- Simple fingering based on traditional recorder fingering
- Eleven easy-to-follow tutorial songs available in the app
- Play anywhere with the onboard speaker and battery power
- Plug in a pair of headphones for silent practice and playing
- Lightweight design for easy transport (500g with batteries installed)
- Jam along with your favourite songs from your smartphone via Bluetooth
- Wirelessly play software instruments with Bluetooth MIDI capabilities
- Key Layout: Recorder type
- Sound Generator: PCM synthesizer
- Tones: 6
- Effects: Reverb
- Breath sensor
- Performance keys
- Octave keys
- Function button
- Version: 4.2
- Profile Support: A2DP (audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Codec: SBC (support to the content protection of the SCMD-T method)
- Headphones / Output: Stereo 3.5mm mini jack
- USB Port: Micro B-type (supports power supply)
- Internal Speaker: 2.8cm, 1.5W
- Power Supply:
- USB AC adaptor (not included, available separately)
- 4 x NiMH AA batteries (not included, available separately)
- Current Draw: 400mA
- Battery Life: Approx. 10 hours of continuous use (based on using 4 x NiMH batteries with a capacity of 1900mAh, battery life may differ depending on the conditions of use)
- Replaceable Mouthpiece: Yes (OP-AE01MP or OP-AE05MPH) (not included, available separately)
- Dimensions: 43mm x 76mm x 444mm / 1.75'' x 3'' x 12.5'' (W x D x H)
- Weight: 500g / 1lb 2oz. (including batteries)