Universal Audio Apollo Quad Firewire Audio Interface
Universal Audio Apollo Quad Firewire Audio InterfaceDetails
Apollo is the first professional, high-resolution computer audio interface that delivers the sound, feel and flow of analog recording. This 18 x 24 FireWire/Thunderbolt-ready interface combines genuine UA analog design with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz sound quality and onboard Realtime UAD Processing. This premium-grade audio interface is ideal for capturing studio-grade recordings with deep integration for the most popular DAWs.
Special Offer: For a limited time only (until December 31st), Universal Audio are offering customers who purchase the Apollo Quad Firewire Audio Interface a chance to claim a UAD-2 Satellite Firewire DSP Accelerator (worth 756 GBP) absolutely free. To claim your accelerator all you have to is buy and register your Apollo 8 Quad Firewire Audio Interface and you will receive your Accelerator accordingly.
Product Ref: 33564View Full Description
Buy on finance from £49.16 per month Finance from £49.16 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
FREE UAD-2 Satellite Firewire DSP Accelerator
Up until December 31st 2017, Universal Audio are offering customers the chance to claim a UAD-2 Satellite Firewire DSP Accelerator for absolutely free. All you have to do to claim your free accelerator is buy and register your Apollo Quad Firewire Audio Interface on the Universal Audio website. Once you have finished registering your product, you can then fill in your necessary details and claim your UAD-2 DSP Accelerator. The Firewirw DSP Accelerator provides a way to "supercharge" your Thunderbolt interface. This allows you to run larger mixes, with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. The compact, desktop unit gives you full access to the entire UA plug-in library. It also provides improved performance reduced plug-in latency.
Class-Leading 24-bit/192 kHz Sound Quality
Designed to play a central role in a modern Mac- or PC-based studio, Apollo incorporates a true 'no compromise' approach to audio quality. Building upon decades of UA's analog hardware heritage, it offers extremely high-resolution sonics, with the lowest THD and highest dynamic range in its class. Apollo's premium mic preamps, top-end converters and UA's meticulous attention to circuit design translate into greater accuracy and depth in your recordings, from tracking and overdubbing, to mixing and mastering. In fact, its sound quality is on par with dedicated converters costing thousands more.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing and Mastering
While Apollo's natural sound is exceedingly open and transparent, it can quickly deliver a wide range of classic analog tones and colour via its Realtime UAD Processing. This onboard DSP Acceleration allows for recording through UAD Powered Plug-Ins with as low as sub-2ms latency, so that producers can quickly monitor, audition, and print audio using classic analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer and more.
Want to place multiple 1176 compressors on your drum inputs, or record vocals through a classic Neve 1073 EQ, or even track the entire band through a Studer A800 tape machine in real time? No problem. With Realtime UAD processing, Apollo's sonic options are virtually endless. Better still, Apollo's Realtime UAD Processing is also available during mixing and mastering, so that music producers can employ UAD plug-ins throughout the creative process.
Thunderbolt: The Next Generation of Connectivity
Apollo offers compatibility with Intel's new Thunderbolt technology on the newest iMacs, MacBook Pros, MacBook Airs, and Mac minis. Available via a user-installable dual-port Thunderbolt Option Card (sold separately), Thunderbolt provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced UAD plug-in latency versus Apollo's standard FireWire connection. And because Thunderbolt offers many times the bandwidth of FireWire, it allows music producers to connect numerous devices in series with the Apollo interface, including hard drives, processors, and additional computer monitors, all with fast, flawless performance.
Deeper Integration with Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase and more
Apollo's Core Audio and ASIO drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs, including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more. Beyond this basic compatibility, Apollo's included Console application and companion Console Recall plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS) provide control and recall of all interface and UAD plug-in settings within individual DAW sessions, even months and years later. Read more about Apollo's included software here.
Elegant Hardware Design and Workflow
One key feature of Apollo isn't really a feature at all. It's the numerous design details that give you a fast, natural workflow and better results. There are physical front-panel controls for all the most commonly used features, including Preamp and Monitor level knobs, channel selection, mic pad and low cut, phantom power, and even dual headphone outs with independent level control. Smart Hi-Z inputs on the front panel detect when you've connected your guitar or bass, and automatically enable hardware and software monitoring.
Sonically, Apollo's Mic inputs and Monitor analog outputs are digitally controlled, so you don't lose audio resolution when you adjust gain. High-resolution/high-contrast metering, derived from UA's legendary 2192 interface, is designed to be viewable at nearly any angle. Finally, standalone operation means that you can use Apollo's audio connections, and last-used DSP mixer settings, even without a computer connected.
"The UAD plug-ins allow us to get into the wheelhouse of the sounds of yesteryear. It's another instrument in the band these days."
- Ronnie Vanucci, The Killers
"I knew about the ingredients of Apollo, but this is truly a special dish. The Apollo just set a new standard of excellence for audio interfaces, in terms of both its sound and its feature set."
- Fab Dupont, J.Lo, Santigold, Mark Ronson
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz at 24-bit
- 18 x 24 simultaneous input/output channels
- 14 channels of digital-to-analog conversion
- 10 channels of digital I/O
- Eight channels ADAT Optical I/O with S/MUX for high sample rates
- Two channels coaxial S/PDIF I/O
- Two FireWire 800 ports for daisy-chaining for other FireWire devices
- Four high-resolution, ultra-transparent, digitally-controlled analog mic preamps
- Unison technology for deep integration with UAD preamp and pedal plug-ins
- Front panel and software control of all preamp parameters
- Switchable low cut filter, 48V phantom power, 20 dB pad, polarity inversion, and stereo linking
- Stereo monitor output (independent of eight line outputs)
- Digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs maintains highest fidelity
- Front panel control of monitor levels and muting
- Two stereo headphone outputs with indepdent mix buses
- Independent front panel analog volume controls for headphone outputs
- Switchable low cut filter, 48V phantom power, 20 dB pad, polarity inversion and stereo linking
- Front panel pre-fader metering of monitor bus levels
- S/PDIF output can bet to mirror the monitor outputs
- AUD model features four SHARC processors
- Realtime UAD Processing on all of Apollo’s analog and digital inputs
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices for increased mixing DSP
- Converters: 24-bit
- Sample Rates: 44,1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz
- Analog Input:
- 4 x XLR Microphone
- 2 x 1/4" TS phone Hi-Z
- 8 x 1/4" TRS phone Line
- Analog Output:
- 8 x 1/4" TRS phone Line
- 2 x 1/4" TRS phone Monitor
- 2 x 1/4" TRS phone Headphone
- Digital Input/Output: S/PDIF, ADAT
- Other Connectors:
- 2 x BNC Wordclock I/O
- 2 x 1394 FireWire 800 ports
- 2 x Thunderbolt (via option card)
- MIDI In/Out: No
- World Clock:
- Jack Type: BNC
- Lock Range: ±0.5 of any supported sample rate
- Word Clock Input Termination: 75 Ohms, switchable
- Synchronization Sources: Internal, Word Clock, S/PDIF, ADAT
- Headphone Output: Dual Independent
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 19 x 12.1 x 1.75" (483 x 307 x 45 mm)
- Weight: 4.1 kg (9.1 lb)
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.