View Full Description
Tascam DR-05X Stereo Handheld Audio Recorder
Studio-grade audio, anywhere
Premium-grade sound on the move. The DR-05X from Tascam is a stereo handheld digital audio recorder with an integrated USB audio interface. Two internal condenser microphones deliver exceptional audio fidelity, with high-end clarity. They are capable of handling anything up to 125dB SPL, meaning you can record loud sounds without the fear of distortion.
The audio resolution ranges up to 96kHz/24-bit, capturing every nuance of your source audio. You can also record in multiple formats including WAV/BWF linear and MP3 files for longer recordings. A built-in monoaural speaker allows you to check your files on the fly, providing a way to reference your recordings after you are done.
Quick and easy to use
The ergonomic layout and simple, intuitive controls make recording a breeze. The revamped design allows you to operate the recorder with the press of a thumb. A quick menu button provides easy access to various important functions.
It comes jam-packed with useful tools to optimise your recordings. Auto recording will detect sound input signals and automatically start recording. This can be great for musicians and podcasters, virtually acting as a self-timer for recording audio on your own.
Ideal for musicians, interviewers, podcasters and video makers
The portable size and studio-grade sound make the DR-05X perfect for a range of applications. From capturing vocal demos and guitar riffs to professional interviews, podcasting and even movie making; the DR-05X can do it all.
Connecting the unit to the PC makes it trigger USB audio interface mode. From here you can use the DR-X as a tool for voiceover work, dictation, live streaming, song-writing and more. The condenser microphones act as USB microphones without the need for complicated drivers.
It also features a range of functions optimised for filmmakers. The auto-tone function allows you to easily adjust the settings for one-site movie editing, making it a perfect companion for DSLR filmmaking. An internal slate tone generator produces tones for easy track making. An optional accessory kit (AK-DR11C) is available for connecting the recorder to your DSLR.
Extended battery life – never miss the moment
Two AA batteries are needed to power the DR-05X. But don’t be fooled by the power source, it provides you with ultra-long battery capacity, ensuring you will never miss the perfect take. Using the built-in microphones standard 2ch WAV, 44.1kHz/ 16bit format using alkaline batteries, the recorder can last up to 17.5 hours.
It can also be powered via USB mobile battery for super long extended use, or via USB bus power when connected as an audio interface. Additionally, there is an optional AC adapter (not included) for when you need continuous power for long recording sessions.
Tascam DR-05X Stereo Handheld Audio Recorder
- Stereo omni directional condenser microphones
- Support multiple menu languages (ENG/FRA/DEU/ITA/ESP/RUS/PRT/JPN/CHI/KOR)
- Overwrite function for Punch-In recording with one level of Undo
- Functions as a 2in/ 2out USB Audio Interface for Mac, PC or iOS recording
- Dictation mode designed for human voice recording and transcription
- Reverb effect for vocal and instrument resonance
- Auto recording function that can detect the sound input signal level and automatically start recording
- Proven high sound pressure design for capturing loud sounds of up to 125dB SPL
- Peak reduction function
- Self timer recording function
- Seamless gain control
- Three low cut filter levels (40/80/120Hz)
- Speed change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments)
- Level align feature that prevents uneven volume levels
- Equalizer setting for adjusting playback sound quality
- Divide/delete functions
- Loop/repeat playback function
- Resume function that retains the last stop position and starts playback from that position when power is turned back ON
- Jump back and play (1 to 10 sec in 1 sec increments, 10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec)
- QUICK menu button for easy access to various functions
- High-quality 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF linear PCM recording and long recordings as MP3 files possible
- microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC (up to 128GB) cards can be used as recording media
- Mark function that can set up to 99 points for a single track
- Mark information can be utilized by BWF compatible software
- Audio files created on computers can be played (Only in formats compatible with this product)
- Built-in monaural speaker with an output of 0.3W
- Pre-recording buffer that can record up to 2 seconds prior to starting recording
- When a predetermined maximum file size is reached, a new file is created to continue recording
- Track increment creates new files at arbitrary locations during recording
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely
A chromatic tuner is equipped which is helpful for practicing musical instruments
- Stereo mini jack for external stereo microphones (provides plug-in power) / External line input
- Stereo mini line output / Headphone output connector
- 128×64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight
- High-speed file transfer to a computer is possible using USB 2.0
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, USB bus power, or optional AC adapter (PS-P520E)
- Tripod attachment screw-hole built in to the unit
Verbatim Micro SDHC 32GB Class 10
- Smallest form of memory card available
- Ideal for use with mobile phones, GPS devices, MP3 players, digital cameras, PDAs and more
- Consume very little power – preserving the battery life of your devices
- Wide range of compatible devices
- Contains the latest copyright management technology to ensure legal transfer of digital assets
- Based on the SDA 2.0 specifications
- Comes complete with an SD adapter for added compatibility
- Temperature, water and shock resistant design