Studio Electronics SEM Filter Module
Studio Electronics SEM Filter ModuleDetails
Product Ref: 94438View Full Description
Buy on finance from £7.48 per month Finance from £7.48 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Eurorack Variable Filter
The Studio Electronics SEM Filter combines the best of both worlds, incorporating a high pass, low pass and band pass filter, all with a 12 dB/oct slope. This new edition of the SEM filter combines the original SEM design with newer innovations from the OBX for optimal performance value. The simultaneous high pass, low pass and band pass outputs give you everything you need to boost, push and filter your input sources to the max. The versatile internal circuitry gives you the ability to utilise everything from subtle, lighter tones to fat, punchy, in-your-face characteristics when pushed to its limit. The input level is not limited but instead it is boosted as well as the resonance levels. This allows you to achieve some highly unique and interesting tones.
In-Depth Modulation Control
The SEM Filter Module includes a range of precise controls including dedicated Frequency and Resonance attenuators. The precision attenuators allow you to dial in your selected sound with ease. The SEM Filter Module includes seven patch points in total for optimal modulation/manipulation capabilities. Based on the design template of the Tom Oberheim SEM filter, this custom version from SEM Filter only improves on the original, in a Eurorack format. In total, the unit features three attenuverter and four attenuation pots complete with a half/full voltage tracking switch. This makes the SEM Filter Module the swiss-army knife of the modulation world, allowing you to create a wide range of high-quality effects.
Design & Applications
This Eurorack format filter module features a sleek, metal face-plate with an ergonomic layout. All the controls are clearly labelled for easy access, allowing you to make changes on the fly. The controls themselves allow you to make subtle changes as well as being able to push them to max. There is also a BP/LP-HP for switching between filter modes. The design of the unit is uniformed with the rest of the Boomstar modular range. Measuring at 12HP, this module takes up minimal space; making it ideal for the space conscious user.
- Voltage controlled state variable filter with a 12 dB/oct slope
- Simultaneous high pass, low pass and band pass outputs
- Three attenuverter and four attenuation pots
- Full and half-track strength filter
- Seven patch points in total
- Produce wide range of effects
- Combines original SEM filter with newer design from the OBX and SE
- Frequency and Resonance attenuators
SpecificationsControls & Patch Points
- Frequency: Adjusts the frequency, or cut-off of the filter
- Resonance: Adjusts the resonance of the filter
- Full Half Track: Switch between full and half keyboard/voltage tracking
- Freq CV 1 : Frequency control voltage 1 input attenuverter
- Reso CV: Resonance control voltage input attenuverter
- LP HP: Low Pass / High Pass attenuverter
- Input: Adjusts the audio input
- Output: Adjusts the audio output
- 1 V/O: One volt per octave control voltage input
- Freq CV 1: Frequency control voltage 1 input
- BP Out: Band Pass Output. No cable patched, BP passes through the mains.
- Reso CV: Resonance control voltage input
- Input: Audio input
- BP LP-HP: Switch between Band Pass and Low Pass - High Pass modes
- Output: Audio output
- Size: 12HP
- Depth: 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage: 32mA (+12 / -12)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.