View Full Description
Three for the Price of One
A compressor for each situation. You'll get three types of compressors, each with their own character. You can easily switch and compare between different compressors with the touch of a button, so you can find the one that suits your style or sound you're working on.
You'll get three revisions. One that was known for its aggressive behavior, giving you mid-range and colouration. Another that was known for its subtle character and versatility on vocals and bass. The final one was known for its gentle and transparent properties on acoustic guitar and stringed instruments. No matter which one you choose, or what sound source you use, they'll give your sounds energy, presence and power.
Rather than doing one for each, Stam Audio thought why not just do all three in one. Giving you three classic compressors for the price of one, saving you rack space too.
The original was known for its energy and ultra-fast attack times. It was also known for its musically-pleasing pushing of the tone in the lower mids, thickening up sources and bringing them to the front of the mix. The SA-76ADG FET will give your mixes punch and power.
There's compression for every situation. You can choose between four different ratios to determine how much compression you need. Choose between a squashed sound or subtle enhancement with 20:1, 12:1, 8:1, and 4:1. Easy to use, it is ideal for getting professional sound.
You'll get clean sound with minimal distortion. By enclosing the negative feedback of the output amplifier, its non-linearities were compensated and corrected for, producing very low output distortion.
The SA-76ADG FET has an ultra-fast attack time. You'll find there's no threshold control, just input and output dials, with the amount of compression decided by the input level.
Replica That is More Affordable
A recreation of three revisions, more affordable to anyone. You'll get the classic sound, behavior and characteristics of the three revisions that the SA-76ADG FET compressor is based on.
Each unit packs the circuits of all three hardware revisions, respecting their tonal and component differences in a single unit, with a low price. It's also built to last. Each one gets a 24-hour burn-in and full health check to ensure they last a lifetime.
No compromise has been made in parts. Although it's much cheaper than the original, it still sounds the same. How is that possible? Stam Audio work on small margins to make professional gear affordable to anyone, so everyone who has a passion for it can afford it. Every component of every unit is premium quality and carefully selected to ensure their units match or even surpass the quality of high-end boutique gear.
- Recreation of classic compressor with three revisions built into one
- Easily switch between revisions with a push of a button
- Revision 1 – known for its aggressive mid-range behaviour and colouration
- Revision 2 – known for its subtle character and versatility on vocals and bass
- Revision 3 – known for its gentle and transparent properties on acoustic guitar and stringed instruments
- Ultra-fast attack time (20 microseconds to 800 microseconds)
- Adjustable release time (50ms to 1.1 seconds)
- Choice of four ratios (20:1, 12:1, 8:1, 4:1)
- F.E.T. gain reduction
- XLR input, XLR and TRS outputs
- Matched transistors
- internal toroidal transformer
- Sowter UTC 0-12 replica input transformer
- CineMag 5002 replica output transformer
- Premium Vishay/Phillips capacitors as original