View Full Description
8-Bit Wavetable Oscillator
The Soulsby Oscitron is a highly versatile eurorack 8-bit wavetable oscillator module, that features a unique PWM synthesis audio engine (Atmegatron) with a range of quick and intuitive controls in an ergonomic layout. Nearly all the parameters on the Soulsby Oscitron are controllable by CV for added versatility. The 16 built-in preset sounds can be overwritten for your own patches, allowing you to create and save your sounds internally. The diverse selection of waveforms and filters allow you to unleash your creativity, giving you unprecedented control over your sound design.
One of the most unique features of the Soulsby Oscitron is the ability to sample your own wavetable via the audio input. The continuous sampling mode delivers vocoder-style effects as well pulse width and phaser controls for adding new dynamics to your sound. The clock input can be routed to a range of different parameters with 5 CV inputs for controlling the most common parameters. Different software can also be uploaded to the Oscitron, with a port of the Odytron software ready for release in early 2017. Soulsby also provide the means to hack the Oscitron, by downloading the open source code from their downloads page for unprecedented customisation.
Uni-Five Companion Module
The Soulsby Uni-Five companion module is a versatile utility module, giving you the ability to take 2 bipolar +5/-5V signals and 1 unipolar 8V signal and convert them to uniopolar 5V signals, ideal for Oscitron’s inputs. This module is highly useful when it comes to bipolar LFOs and envelopes, with an attenuator on each input for added control.
Design & Connectivity
The eye-catching yet robust design of the Soulsby Oscitron features a white aluminium faceplate with walnut side panels and large rotary controls. The 32 waveforms can be controlled and chosen via the large rotary style controls. The two rotary style controls are backlit with red and green lights for added convenience and control both the waveforms and filter separately. The top panel also features a range of connectivity options, including controllable CV parameters with Filter Freq, Filt Res, Phase, Pulse Width and more.
- 8-bit wavetable module
- Unique wavetable PWM Synthesis audio engine.
- Quick and intuitive controls, no complex menu systems
- White aluminium faceplate with walnut side panels
- Nearly all parameters controllable by CV
- 16 preset sounds that can be overwritten with your own patches
- Huge selection of waveforms and filters
- Sample your own wavetables using the audio input
- Continuous sampling mode for vocoder-style effects
- Powerful synthesis features that takes Chiptune beyond 80s computer sounds
- Portamento and Quantizer
- Pulse width and phaser controls
- Unique ‘wave crusher’ effect
- Open source code available from Soulsby’s download page
- Tutorials and forums to help programmers
- Upload software using FTDI cable
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 2 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 30 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 2 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.