Neumann M 149 Tube Studio Microphone
Neumann M 149 Tube Studio MicrophoneDetails
Product Ref: 47552View Full Description
Buy on finance from £86.44 per month Finance from £86.44 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Vintage Sound Meets Modern Technology
The Neumann M 149 Tube Studio Microphone combines classic, vintage warmth with modern technology, producing a truly unique tone, ideal for vocalists and more. The M 149 Tube Microphone features a large-diaphragm transformerless tube design with switchable polar patterns. This high-end tube microphone features two slide switches located below the large headgrille, allowing you to selection from nine directional patterns. The wide frequency range and range of polar patterns makes it ideal for a variety of recording applications from vocals to percussion. The nine polar patterns deliver exceptional clarity and refined audio for a truly unique character.
Wide Range Of Recording Applications
Its versatile nature makes it ideal for a variety of recording applications. With its nine polar patterns in total, the M 149 Tube Microphone is not only ideal as a superb vocalist microphone but can be great in a range of other recording situations. The modern circuitry and extremely low noise level provide exceptional audio performance. At the heart of the microphone is the K 49 capsule – highly renowned for its incredible acoustic qualities, used in the legendary U 47 and M 49 models. This capsule enables the M 149 Tube to feed long microphone cables without any colouration, ideal for studio settings.
One of the most unique features on the microphone is the seven-position filter, which allows you to select between a high-pass filter, advancing in half-octave steps between 20 Hz and 160 Hz (- 3dB). The filter is highly useful for minimising rumble from air-conditioning or wind from background noise. The filter is also an effective tool for controlling the audio signal when the mic is used at close distance.
Design & Construction
The robust yet sleek design of the Neumann M 149 combines vintage aesthetics with a modern sheen. The M 149 comes complete with the N 149 power supply, specifically designed to feed the microphone through an 8-core cable. The output connector for the audio cable is a 3-in XLR, with the output signal balanced. Additionally, the microphone comes complete with an aluminium case, 8-core microphone connecting cable, power supply and EA 170 full elastic microphone suspension as well as a dust cover.
- Switchable tube microphone
- Transformerless circuitry
- High output level
- Pressure gradient transducer with the M 49 capsule
- Acoustically very open wire mesh cage
- Nine directional characteristics: omni, wide angle cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure 8, and one intermediate position each
- 7fold switchable low frequency roll-off
- Acoustical Operating Principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional Pattern: Omnidirectional, wide angle cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8 plus one intermediate position each
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 34/47/62 mV/Pa1)
- Rated Impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR2): 28/25/23 dB1)
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted2): 16/13/11 dB-A1)
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR2) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 66/69/71 dB1)
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted2) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 78/81/83 dB1)
- Typical SPL (tube characteristic)3): K < 0,5 : 120 dB, K < 5 : 136 dB
- Maximum Output Voltage: 18 dBu
- Powering: Power supply N 149 A
- Matching Connectors: Microphone DIN8F, Power supply XLR3F
- Weight: 730 g
- Diameter: 70 mm
- Length: 201 mm
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.