View Full Description
Yamaha CFX Concert Grand Piano
The CFX is a Grand Piano designed for concert, conservatoire and studio performances. It embodies both beauty and power with a rich palette of tones, musical colour and projection. The development and evaluation of this instrument took a team of 40 specialists nearly 20 years!
Each CFX is hand built by a small team of world experts. All materials are meticulously sourced and refined to ensure unprecedented performance giving the CFX enough presence and power to be heard over a full symphony orchestra.
Abbey Road Studio One
Abbey Road Studios really needs no introduction. The legendary studio complex has a history that spans over 80 years and encompasses some of the most celebrated projects in music. Studio One is Abbey Road's largest orchestral studio accommodating an 110 piece orchestra and 100 piece choir simultaneously. The acoustics are clear and warm with a reverb time of 2.3 seconds.
A team of highly skilled sound engineers captured the sound of the CFX piano in Abbey Road. A range of microphone set-ups were used to capture a huge range of different sounds and settings. The microphone perspectives were split into three distinct types:
- Classic: The Classic perspective most faithfully captures the natural tonal character, clarity and nuance of the instrument.
- Contemporary: The Contemporary perspective creates a piano sound that is bright and hard with lots of attack from the hammers, but also maintains the piano's warmth with intimate ambience.
- Player: The Player perspective offers the experience of playing the CFX, from the piano bench, in Studio One, particularly when reproduced over high quality headphones.
To read more about the microphones and presets available please download the PDF brochure at the top of this page.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later
- Audio interface compatible with ASIO
- Multi-core processor required
- 4 GB RAM minimum required. 8 GB RAM or greater recommended.
- 122 GB of free hard drive space is required for "Full" installation; 24.5 GB is required for "Compact" installation.
- A dedicated hard drive with fast interface (SATA, USB 3.0, Firewire 800, Thunderbolt) is recommended. A solid-state drive (SSD) is preferred.
- Internet connection for updates and online registration
- USB port required for boxed version installation
- A MIDI interface may be required if you are using a MIDI keyboard. Many keyboards now use USB.
- The ability to assign controllers within your keyboard, music program, or sequencer is recommended
- High-quality speakers and amplifier, or high-quality headphones
The Garritan Abbey Road Studios CFX Concert Grand sound library is AAX, RTAS, VST, and AU compatible, and is proudly powered by the ARIA Player. There's no need to purchase a separate sampler.
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 2 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 30 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 2 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.