Virtual Reference Monitoring
VRM Virtual Reference Monitoring makes Saffire PRO 24 DSP the only interface capable of simulating over one hundred different monitoring scenarios through your headphones. VRM overcomes the major obstacle for mixing with headphones by giving you multiple perspectives on your mix, as if you were listening through speakers. Noise levels from mixing through speakers can make it almost impossible for most to mix at home, especially without annoying the neighbours. With VRM, you can mix anytime, anywhere. Using any pair of monitoring headphones, VRM lets you choose your mixing environment from a living room, a bedroom studio, or a professional studio. You then simply choose where you are positioned in that room and what speakers you listen through.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP draws on twenty-five years of mic-pre excellence. The two Focusrite pre-amps capture every subtle nuance of your sound whilst ensuring low noise and distortion. Meanwhile, high-quality digital conversion and JetPLL jitter elimination technology ensure pristine audio quality as your audio flows between the analogue and digital domains.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP's other real-time DSP-powered effects also exhibit Focusrite's uncompromised approach to audio quality. EQ, Compression and Comfort Reverb sonically derived from the Focusrite Plug-in Suite (also included as VST/AU plug-ins) are all integrated within the Saffire Mix Control software, providing professional latency-free tools for tracking and monitoring.
Alongside the two Focusrite pre-amps are a host of I/O options; two additional analogue inputs, six analogue outputs, ADAT inputs (for expanding the interface with, for example, Focusrite's OctoPre), stereo SPDIF I/O and 2 virtual loopback inputs for routing digital audio between software applications - ideal for capturing online audio. Front panel 5-LED metering for each analogue input offers accurate viewing of levels.
Mix Control, Software Routing
Saffire Mix Control, the zero-latency 16 x 8 DSP Mixer/Router software provided with Saffire PRO 24 DSP, sets a new standard at this price point for audio interface control. It features flexible output routing and monitoring, as well as intuitive one-click set-up solutions designed to help you track, monitor and mix as easily as possible.
Saffire Plug-In Suit
Saffire PRO 24 DSP also comes with all the additional tools needed to start making music right away. These include the latest version of the Focusrite Plug-in Suite, which provides a significant upgrade from your standard sequencer effects. The suite includes Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
Focusrite's established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle features Ableton Live 7 Lite (for all your production, performance and compositional needs), Novation's Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters and Mike the Drummer.
Saffire PRO 24 DSP combines two award-winning Focusrite pre-amps and a host of other I/O with VRM Virtual Reference Monitoring, integrated real-time tracking and monitoring effects, and easy-to-use mix control software. Together, they deliver the most comprehensive professional compact music-recording interface to date.
Features and Specifications
For further information about the Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, please download the product manual from the link below.
VRM Virtual Reference Monitoring
Two High Quality Award-winning Focusrite Pre-amps
Onboard DSP-powered, latency-free tracking and mixing tools
High Quality 24-bit/96kHz FireWire Interface
Total I/O Count of 16 Inputs and 8 Outputs
Saffire Mix Control Zero-latency DSP Mixer/Router
Xcite+ Software Bundle
Focusrite VST/AU Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix
Front panel 5-LED metering
Two dedicated front-panel headphone busses
Bus-powered for a tidy mobile recording rig
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- THD+N: 0.001 (measured at 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: EIN > 125dB (128dB analogue to digital) (measured at 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm termination (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N: < 0.001 (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: -90dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N: 0.004 (measured with 0dBu input and 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: -87dBu (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
Front and Rear Connectivity
Analogue Channel Inputs (Inputs 1-4)
- 2 x XLR Mic/Line Neutrik Combi-Jacks (Inputs 1-2)
- 2 x XLR Instrument Neutrik Combi-Jacks (Instrument on inputs 1 and 2 only)
Digital Channel Inputs (Inputs 5-14) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
- 1 x 8 channel ADAT input on Optical Connector (SDPIF 3&4 set in preferences menu)
Analogue Audio Outputs (Outputs 1-6)
- 6 x TRS analogue outputs (Outputs 1-6)
- 2 x TRS stereo headphone output (headphone mix 1 same as outputs 3 & 4)
Digital Channel Outputs (Outputs 7-8) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF output on RCA
- 1 x 6-pin Firewire socket
- 2 Standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connectors: In and Out
- 12V DC power input connector for use with external PSU