View Full Description
Take your productions to the next level
Boasting an undeniable impact on the world of not only synthesizers, but music production, the Miniverse is a stunningly accurate recreation of a vintage American synthesizer. Since its inception, the popularity of this synthesizer has only grown over the years, and with good reason. Setting the standard for the future of synths, the Miniverse harnesses the power of the vintage hardware that was the cornerstone tool for bands such as Kraftwerk, Herbie Hancock, Rick Wakeman, Pink Floyd, Gary Numan among many others.
Accurately modelling the oscillator stage offers up to six waveforms to choose from, creating the signature warmth and harmonic saturation you've come to expect. In traditional Cherry Audio fashion, the Miniverse captures all of the analog inaccuracies and character, including the musical overdrive and distortion in the VCA section, making it ideal for electronic music producers seeking a monstrous lead to sit over the top of pounding drums and bass.
Passing through the mixer stage, you are presented with the ability to introduce musical pink noise or harsh white noise signals alongside your sound, adding extra saturation and harmonic content to cut through dense mixes. Lying in the modifiers section, the Miniverse includes the ADS envelope, letting you customise the transient response of your tone. Excellent for softening harsh transients or eliminating them entirely, here you can transform your sound into a soft atmospheric pad that's ideal for cinematic textures and soundscapes. If that wasn't enough, the Miniverse includes the classic four-pole, 24dB/oct ladder filter to sculpt and shape your tone or to add an extra layer of resonance in the low frequencies, building energy and excitement in your mix.
Where the Miniverse is undeniably improved over the original unit is the increased number of voices capable at any time. Miniverse is now able to dial in two, four, eight or even sixteen polyphonic voices! Truly a must-have for avid sound designers and vintage synthesizer enthusiasts, purchasing a vintage original or hardware replica, you'll be expected to pay several thousands of pounds. Fortunately, the Cherry Audio will cost only a fraction of the price all while delivering immaculate and authentic sound quality, without ever breaking down and needing repair.
Discover the secret to larger than life vintage tones
Meticulously modelled with every original feature, the Miniverse includes Feedback and Sidechain modes within the mixer section, opening up new tonal possibilities. A tip from the maker himself, Bob Moog, you could use the External output and inputs to send your signal back through the synthesizer on the hardware counterpart. Replaced in the digital realm by the Feedback and Sidechain modes, you can alter the signal path of your sound to send it back through the mixer section until you just about reach overloading levels. The result of this is a huge, fat and thick sound that's perfect for electronic dance music producers looking for a screaming lead tone or thunderous bass sound.
Modern adornments for contemporary producers
While vintage hardware synthesizers amaze us with their charm and character, they are often lacklustre with features or functionality. Fortunately, in the digital realm, Cherry Audio can take advantage and create indistinguishable tones and performance whilst also increasing the flexibility to meet the demands of modern producers. Going above and beyond what would ever be possible on a vintage hardware synth, the Miniverse includes the newly designed Preset MIDI mapping, offering the ability to save custom MIDI controller mappings to individual presets, globally or both! Now, no matter what studio you're in or what controller you're using, you can instantly recall your favourite configuration to get familiar with and perform to your best. Performing at your best is also made possible with the MPE support offered by Miniverse. Using a compatible MPE controller, you can create highly expressive performances by controlling multiple parameters such as pitch bend and vibrato individually with every note played. In the studio, you can freely perform melodies, solos and accompaniments without any restrictions placed upon you.
Not content with stopping there, Cherry Audio have also included their highly-regarded focus zoom-in feature and user-adjustable oversampling control to finely dial in settings for your project. All of this is packaged in an optimised plug-in that delivers the stunning audio you've come to expect from Cherry Audio without ever infringing on your CPU processing power, even in less powerful machines.
- Authentic replication of legendary synthesizer, delivering stunning vintage sounds
- Hyper-realistic interface comprised of all original features
- Three analog-modelled oscillators with six waveforms including triangle, sawtooth-triangular, ramp sawtooth, square, wide rectangular and narrow rectangular
- Classic four-pole, 24dB/octave ladder filter adds resonance and character to your sound
- Dive into production with the 200 factory presets onboard, created by industry veterans and professional sound designers
- Above and beyond the original, Miniverse features monophonic and polyphonic modes with up to 16 voices
- Accurate Feedback and Sidechain modes, replicating the External input function of the original hardware
- Captures every analog inaccuracies including musical overdrive characteristics of VCA and oscillator mixer
- MPE support offers the option for highly expressive performances
- MIDI integration with MIDI-learn capabilities enables seamless integration with your DAW
- Preset and Global level MIDI mapping
- Scalable UI with Focus zoom-in feature
- Optimised CPU performance runs on low load
- User-adjustable oversampling control
- Operating system:
- Mac: macOS 10.9 or above (including macOS 12) 64-bit required. Native Apple M1 processor support
- Windows: Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11 64-bit required
- Format: AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats
- RAM: 8GB
- Processor: Quad-core recommended
- MPE support: Requires a DAW and hardware controller supporting MIDI Polyphonic Expression