View Full Description
Versatile Cardioid Polar Pattern
Cardioid polar patterns are perfect for a huge range of applications - with more sensitivity at the front of the microphone and significantly less at the sides and rear, a cardioid pattern reduces the capture of ambient noise and unwanted sound sources. This powerful pattern is ideal for live performances and studio recording, be it spoken-word, vocals, instrumentation and more. The narrow angle of sensitivity minimizes bleed from other sources, capturing only what you want to be heard.
Adapt To Any Situation
The AT2020 is loved and adored all over the world by recording studios, live and pro-sound engineers, streamers, artists, broadcasters and more. With such a phenomenal reputation across a diverse range of industries, it's no surprise that the AT2020 has found a permanent home in the hands of countless professionals and hobbyists alike. The cardioid polar pattern provides excellent isolation for a clear and intelligible sound, whilst the custom-engineered 16mm low-mass diaphragm delivers an incredibly wide and linear frequency response. The AT2020 is ideal for capturing crisp and clear audio, with high SPL handling capabilities for extremely loud sound sources.
Low Operating Noise
When you've invested a great deal of time and effort into creating the ultimate recording system, the last thing you want is noise making its way into your signal path. That's what makes the AT2020 a perfect choice no matter what you intend to capture - the ultra-low operating noise of the mic ensures you get the best quality sonic performance out of your rig. Whether your setup is sophisticated or straightforward, the AT2020 blends seamlessly into your workflow without unwanted interference.
Quick, Easy, and Precise Positioning
The Audio Technica AT2020 comes complete with a unique pivoting threaded stand mount. This innovative design enables you to achieve the perfect position in the acoustic sweet spot of your environment. The mount attaches securely to your stand with its 5⁄8''-27 threading, whilst the included adapter also allows you to utilise stands with a 3⁄8''-16 thread. When you're done recording, you can simply pop the microphone and mount into the included soft protective pouch for hassle-free transportation and storage.
"The AT2020 is built to the same standard as Audio-Technica's more up-market microphones, and I certainly have no complaints about its subjective sound quality. Indeed, for some applications it turns in better results than microphones costing several times its UK price" - Sound on Sound AT2020 Review.
"The AT2020 delivers super audio ... This is for people serious about audio quality" - IGN AT2020 Review.
"As a low cost, versatile jack of all trades, the Audio Technica AT2020 excels. It's built to last and produces balanced and clean recordings" - The Garageband Guide AT2020 Review.
"A versatile mic with a frequency response that does well with EQ, but also sounds crisp and even without it. Durable and heavy. Really does a phenomenal job of blocking out background noise, even without room treatment" - Home Studio Basics AT2020 Review.
What's In The Box
- Audio Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Stand mount for 5⁄8''-27 threaded stands
- 5⁄8''-27 to 3⁄8''-16 threaded adapter
- Soft protective pouch
- High-performance side-address studio condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern
- Top of its class for price/performance standards
- Perfectly suited for use in home/project studios
- Exceptionally-high SPL handling with a wide dynamic range for unparalleled versatility
- Custom-engineered 16mm low-mass diaphragm provides an extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern prevents the capture of unwanted ambient noise and sound sources from the side or rear of the microphone
- Excellent isolation of your desired sound source
- Includes a pivoting threaded stand mount that attaches easily to your microphone stand
- Achieve quick, easy, and precise microphone placement
- Low-impedance (Lo-Z) balanced output from the male XLR output connector
- Rugged construction ensures long-term reliability and performance
- Low operating noise makes it perfect for use with a huge range of recording equipment
- Sleek and attractive black finish
- Microphone Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -37dB (14.1mV) re 1V at 1Pa
- Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 144dB SPL, 1kHz at 1 percent THD
- Noise: 20dB SPL
- Dynamic Range: Typical 124dB, 1kHz at maximum SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 74dB, 1kHz at 1Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 2mA typical
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin male XLR
- Length: 162mm / 6.38''
- Diameter: 52mm / 2.05'' maximum body diameter
- Weight: 345g / 12.1oz