dbx 286s Microphone Preamp & Channel Strip Processor
dbx 286s Microphone Preamp & Channel Strip ProcessorDetails
The dbx 286s is a microphone pre-amp channel strip featuring a compressor, de-esser, expander/gate and 48V phantom power.
Product Ref: 38422View Full Description
Spend another £40.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The dbx 286s is a microphone pre-amp channel with five dynamic processors which can be used independently or in any combination. Why mic up vocals and instruments through a noisy, blurry mixer? The dbx 286s is equipped with a sonically pristine mic pre-amp including all the features you need- a wide-ranging input gain control, switchable 48V phantom power and an 80Hz high-pass filter. Use the 286s features the patented OverEasy compressor to transparently smooth out uneven acoustic tracks or deliver that classic "in your face" rock vocal. Take out vocal sibilance and high frequency distortion in cymbals with the frequency tunable De-Esser. Fine-tune the Enhancer's HF Detail control to add sparkle and crispness to tracks. LF Detail control adds fullness and depth to vocals and bass instruments while simultaneously cleaning up muddy low midrange frequencies. The Expander/Gate provides separate threshold and ratio controls allowing you to subtly reduce headphone leakage or radically gate noisy guitar amps.
The dbx 286s has a full complement of metering and status LEDs, visually guiding you to achieve the right sound. A XLR mic input accepts balanced or unbalanced inputs, whilst an additional 14" TRS phone jack can accept balanced/ unbalanced line signals to process live electronic instruments or pre-recorded tracks at mixdown. An insert jack between the 286s mic pre-amp and signal processing sections can be used to "loop out" to external processors (such as EQ) or to mix the pre-amp's signal out to an external destination.
The cost and hassle of patching together multiple processors for use on one track can be frustrating. The dbx 286s gives you all the tools you'll need in one box, with the shortest signal path to help keep your music sounding clean.
- INPUT Floating balanced, Pin 2 Hot
- Impedance: 1.75k ohm
- Maximum Level: 0.2Vrms
- Gain Adjustment
- Range: +10dB to +60dB
- Phantom Power: +48VDC
- CMRR: >40dB, typically 55dB
- Input: Floating balanced, TIP Hot
- Impedance: 30k ohm unbalanced, 60k ohm balanced
- Maximum Level: >+21dBu, balanced or unbalanced
- Gain Adjustment Range: -20dB to +30 dB
- CMRR: >40dB, typically 55dB
- (4" TRS phone) Normalled; tip is Send, ring is Return
- Ring: Impedance: >5k ohm
- Maximum Level: >+21dBu
- Tip: Impedance: 100 ohm
- Noise: <-84dBu, unweighted (20Hz-20kHz)
- Distortion: <0.01 THD, 20Hz-20kHz, +10dBu
- 4" TRS phone: Balanced/Unbalanced
- Impedance: 100? unbalanced, 200 ohm balanced
- Maximum Level: >+21dBu, >+20dBm (600 ohm load)
- Gain Adjustment Range: -30dB to +10dB
- Noise: <-80dBu (typically -85dBu, unweighted (20Hz-20kHz)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz, +0.5, -0.5dB
- Distortion: <0.08 THD, 20Hz-20kHz, +10dBu, all Processing Controls OFF
- Threshold Range: -40dBu to +20dBu
- Threshold Characteristics: OverEasy
- Compression Ratio: >4:1 For input levels beyond 20dB above threshold
- Maximum Compression: 30dB
- Attack Time: Program-Dependent; adjustable
- Release Time: Program-Dependent; adjustable
- Distortion: Typically <0.05 THD, 20Hz-20kHz, 15dB G/R, +10dBu Output, DENSITY @ 0
- Characteristic: Wideband Gain Reduction
- Frequency Range: 800Hz to 10kHz High Pass
- Release Time: 12dB/octave Program-Dependent; approximately 1mS/dB
- HF Detail Characteristic: Program-controlled shelving equalizer, approximately 15dB maximum HF boost
- LF Detail Characteristics: Bell-shaped boost @ 80Hz, bell-shaped cut @ 250Hz, ratio is approximately 2:1
- Threshold Range: OFF to +15dBu
- Expansion Ratio: Adjustable 1.5:1 to 10:1
- Maximum Depth: >50dB
- Attack Time: Program-Dependent, approximately 2mS
- Release Time: Program-Dependent, approximately 10mS/dB
- Dynamic Range: Typically 105dB
To see further specifications of the dbx286s microphone pre-amp & channel strip processor please download the PDF from the link below
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.