View Full Description
The Sigma series
Take your sound further. The Sigma series has been designed from the ground up to deliver phenomenal sonic performance. Combining high-performance transducers, intelligent and unique cabinet designs, and revered digital amplification with advanced DSP, this is a series that was built to perform.
It's safe to say that dB Technologies know a thing or two about sound and PA systems. Their designs have become to go-to-choice for bands, DJs, entertainers, venues, and more all over the world. The Sigma series is no exception.
Loaded with a powerful 18'' woofer with a large 4'' voice coil, the Sigma S118 provides potent low-end reinforcement with incredible power and impact. Every bass element is clear, defined, and precise, so you can deliver your sound the way it deserves to be delivered. The S118 is capable of producing enormous SPLs too, up to a maximum of 134dB without clipping. Perfect for flooding your venue with deep, defined bass.
With its digital heart, the Digipro G2 amplifier ensures that your S118 performs exactly the way it should at all times. Advanced DSP handles the crossover of the loudspeaker's acoustic components, as well as the frequency response, limiter, and acoustic phase alignment. The result? Pure sonic bliss from start to finish.
A good subwoofer is defined by two key elements - its performance, and its reliability. Particularly for mobile performers. You want something that is going to sound great, but will also withstand the punishing nature of live performance environments and life on the road. That's why dB Technologies have ensured that every aspect of the Sigma series is built to perform, night after night, year after year.
The S118's unique cabinet design is crafted from 15mm multi-layer wood, ensuring that your sound is delivered with precision, whilst also being able to withstand knocks, bangs, and rowdy crowd members. But it doesn't stop there. The wooden cabinet features two protection frames - one on the bottom, and one on the top - for additional reinforcement.
And if that wasn't enough, there's even a highly-durable PVC coating around the entire cabinet. That's three independent layers that work together in harmony to keep the precious internal components of your subwoofer safe. Combined with powerful protection circuitry, you can rest assured that your Sigma S118 is more than capable in even the most demanding situations.
- Omnidirectional bass-reflex active subwoofer with dB Tech's renowned Digipro® G2 Class-D bi-amped design
- Bi-amped configuration is bridged, delivering 1400W of ultra-efficient Class-D power
- High-performance 18'' woofer with a large 4'' voice coil
- Highly-efficient digital amplifier design with SMPS technology for reduced weight
- Advanced DSP ensures that your signal and sound is optimised for maximum performance
- Switchable crossover frequency - choose between 100Hz or 80Hz as the cutoff
- Re-direct your signal with the FULL RANGE switch and send the same input signal to another subwoofer
- Internal microprocessor and two sensors control the temperature of the amplifier for silent cooling
- Powerful protection circuitry ensures that your subwoofer performs safely at all times
- Unique H.E.T cabinet design - 15mm light multi-layer wooden cabinet with reinforced protection frames and a durable PVC coating
- Metal M20 pole mount cup in the top of the sub for simple stacking with your mid-high loudspeakers
- Two ergonomic handles make maneuverability and transportation easy and hassle-free
- Model: S118
- Speaker Type: Active bass-reflex subwoofer
- Frequency Response: 38Hz - 110Hz
- Maximum SPL: 134dB
- Directivity: Omnidirectional
- LF Transducer: 18'' diameter, 4'' voice coil
- Amp Technology: Digipro® G2
- Amp Class: Class-D
- Power: 1400W
- Controller: Analog/Digital
- Limiter: Peak, RMS, Thermal
- Crossover Frequency: 80Hz-100Hz (switchable)
- LF Crossover Out Slope: 24dB/octave
- Signal Input: XLR
- Input Sensitivity: -3dBu
- Input Impedance: 20 k Ohms
- Signal Output: 1 x XLR X-Over Out / Link Out
- Material: Multiplex with H.E.T coating, reinforced
- Shape: Trapezoidal
- Colour: Black
- Pole Mount Cup: M20 (on top side)
- Handles: Two (one per side)
- Dimensions: 509mm x 815mm x 533mm / 20.36'' x 32.6'' x 21.32'' (W x H x D)
- Weight: 38kg / 83.78lbs