PreSonus Studio Channel Mono Vacuum Tube Preamp/Compressor/EQ
PreSonus Studio Channel Mono Vacuum Tube Preamp/Compressor/EQDetails
The Presonus Studio Channel is a channel strip that features a tube preamp, a VCA compressor, and a 3-band parametric EQ. The tube preamp section features two knobs: Gain and Tube Drive, which allows you to adjust the amount of signal that hits the tube circuitry, opening up a wide range of sonic options. The VCA compressor section is well-suited to help all different kinds of audio sit nicely in a mix, whether it's percussion with fast transients, or smooth and silky vocals. The parametric EQ features a custom amplifier with a gain control on each of the 3 bands, with a variable Q knob on the mid frequency.
Product Ref: 36613View Full Description
Buy on finance from £7.27 per month Finance from £7.27 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £50 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36, 24 or 12 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £50:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|48 months||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £1.41Final Payment: £1.41No settlement fee||£67.68|
|36 months||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £1.78Final Payment: £1.78No settlement fee||£64.08|
|24 months||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £2.57Final Payment: £2.57No settlement fee||£61.68|
|12 months||18.9%||No Deposit||12 months: £4.69Final Payment: £4.69No settlement fee||£56.28|
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £50 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Klarna Finance on the payment page, then click the orange PLACE ORDER USING FINANCE button. This will start your application with Klarna Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases Klarna may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Full Featured VCA Compressor
The compressor in the Studio Channel is a fully variable ultra-fast and smooth VCA-based circuit with all of the controls needed for a wide range of compression settings: ratio, threshold, attack, release and gain make up. The VCA-based compressor is known for musicality as well as ultra fast attack with the ability to tame the fastest transients. From slap bass, to snare drum, to vocals, the Studio Channel's compressor stage allows you to record as needed without clipping giving you total dynamic control.
Three Band Parametric EQ
The equalizer in the Studio Channel has the ability to chop out unwanted frequencies as well as tailor your tone to enhance your sound. The custom-designed amplifiers in the EQ deliver sweet-sounding gain, ultra smooth highs, deep solid lows and clear midrange. The mid-band of the EQ section has variable Q for controlling the width around the center point of the selected frequency. High and low frequency bands give you the option for selecting peak/dip or shelving frequencies.
Enhance your signal path
The Studio Channel noticeably outperforms preamplifiers that are built-in to most recording interfaces and affordable mixers. If you add a VCA-based compressor and studio-grade equalizer to the class A tube preamp and you get not only big fat tube tonality but also complete control of your tone and sounds. Since much of the recording process is accomplished one track at a time, you need a signal path that can deliver a variety of high quality tones and sounds, which is why the Studio Channel is the perfect tool for any studio.
Class A Tube Preamplifier
The Studio Channel has everything needed to deliver big tone. The preamplifier stage of the Studio Channel is based on the award winning BlueTube preamplifier with a high output 12AX7 vacuum tube operating on voltages double than all other preamplifiers in its class delivering high headroom and big tone. Dual control Gain and Tube Drive enables a wide range of sounds from transparent and clear to edgy and overdriven.
1 channel with Class A 12AX7 vacuum-tube mic/instrument preamplifier
- Gain control with +10 dB to +54 dB gain range
- Tube Drive control
- 48V phantom power switch
- 80 Hz high-pass filter
- -20 dB pad
- Polarity-reverse switch
Fully Variable VCA compressor
- Attack, Release, Ratio, Threshold, and (makeup) Gain
- Auto Attack/Release switch
- Soft/Hard Knee switch
- Bypass switch
3-band parametric equalizer
- Gain, Frequency, and Q controls (mid band)
- Gain and Frequency controls (low and high bands)
- Shelving/peak switches (low and high bands)
- Switchable pre-/post-compressor
- Bypass switch
Master level control
- Backlit VU meter
- Gain Reduction to Meter switch (selects gain reduction or output gain)
- 1 unbalanced 1/4" instrument input (front panel)
- 1 balanced 1/4" line input
- 1 balanced XLR mic input
- 1 balanced 1/4" line output
- 1 balanced XLR line output
- 1U 19" rack-mountable, rugged steel chassis
- Sealed, detented, metal rotary controls
- External 16 VAC power supply
- Number of Channels: 1
- Inputs: 1 XLR, 1 Unbalanced 1/4" TS
- Outputs: 1 XLR, 1 Balanced 1/4" TRS
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Noise: -96dBu
- Gain Range: -6dB to +66dB (+/- 10dB trim on line input)
- Maximum Output: +22dBu
- Phantom Power: +48V
- Threshold Range: -40dBu to +2dBu
- Ratio: 1-10 (1:1 to 2:1)
- Attack Time: 0.1 to 200ms
- Release Time: 0.05ms to 3S
- Sidechain: No
- Frequency Bands: Low frequencies = variable from 40Hz to 500kHz, Mid frequencies = variable from 200Hz to 3kHz, High frequencies = variable from 2kHz to 20kHz
- Range (Boost/Cut): Low and high frequencies = variable between +/-10dB, Mid frequencies: variable from -10dB to +10dB
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.