Midas 522 Compressor Limiter
Midas 522 Compressor LimiterDetails
Product Ref: 103330View Full Description
Buy on finance from £3.81 per month Finance from £3.81 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £50 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36, 24 or 12 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £50:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|48 months||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £1.41Final Payment: £1.41No settlement fee||£67.68|
|36 months||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £1.78Final Payment: £1.78No settlement fee||£64.08|
|24 months||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £2.57Final Payment: £2.57No settlement fee||£61.68|
|12 months||18.9%||No Deposit||12 months: £4.69Final Payment: £4.69No settlement fee||£56.28|
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £50 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Klarna Finance on the payment page, then click the orange PLACE ORDER USING FINANCE button. This will start your application with Klarna Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases Klarna may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Exceptional Dynamic Control
The Midas 522 enforces the importance of dynamics in music and sound. From delicate and intricate vocal lines, to the heaviest of guitar tones, dynamics are the organic life and excitement of any sound. The 522 provides exceptional dynamic processing capabilities, enhancing and controlling both soft and loud peaks, helping to deliver the perfect sonic performance. Compressing the signal assists in creating a sound with significantly more density, creating more impact with harmonic richness. It also allows subtle details to be heard exactly as they should be. The 522 also features a Presence control, enabling you to boost the high-mid audio frequencies, with a central frequency of around 5kHz. This is suitable for a wide array of instruments and sounds, allowing them to cut through dense mixes during compression. The Presence control is variable, and allows you to compress low frequencies with your specified ratio, whilst compressing the high-mid frequencies with a reduced ratio. It creates a much more natural sound, reducing compression is the most sensitive frequency range for our ears.
Manual & Automatic Modes
The 522's default mode works as a peak-sensing compressor, controlling peaks with instant adjustments in gain. This operation mode can often create a more obvious sense of compression, whilst allowing you to adjust the attack and release times to create the perfect compression characteristics for your sound. The 522 is equipped with an Auto switch, which bypasses these attack and release controls. Instead, the compressor will operate in RMS mode, which automatically adjusts the attack and release of the compressor in relation to the average input signal and your threshold and ratio settings. This automatic mode results in a smooth and more relaxed overall compression sound, often regarded as more natural and musical.
Adjustable Knee & Sidechain HPF
With a default soft knee compression response, the 522 creates a more natural sound by blurring the distinction between the signal levels below the threshold, and those that are over the threshold. Signals that occur just above the threshold setting are compressed at reduced ratios, reducing the sound of obvious compression. Signals that rise significantly above the threshold are compressed at the full ratio with a soft knee. However, a Hard switch allows you to swap over to a hard knee response. This mode features a much sharper transition between the signals above and below the threshold, perfect for use as a type of limiter compressor by providing full ratio compression much closer to the threshold setting. A small amount of soft knee is retained to ensure a natural overall sound in this mode.
As well as having a switchable knee response, the 522 also features a switch for engaging a sidechain high-pass filter. This in turn allows you to insert a 200Hz HPF into the compressor's side chain, removing the dominating low frequencies from the overall compression of the signal. This also results in the elimination of undesirable artefacts and pumping effects on the higher frequencies.
- Compact 500 Series premium compressor/limiter with dynamic presence control
- Fully variably dynamic presence feature preserves high mid-range frequencies for a more natural sound during compression
- Dynamic presence control adds 'air' to vocals without introducing noise or pumping effects and reduces the risk of feedback during live performances
- Manual envelope controls with linear peak-sensing compression or easy-to-use Auto mode with RMS compression
- Soft or hard knee compressor response with selection switch
- Sidechain high pass filter with selection switch eliminates undesirable low frequency compression artefacts
- High-performance electronically balanced input stage with high CMRR
- Discrete transistor-driven transformer balanced output stage
- Precision gain reduction and signal level metering
- True hardware bypass selection switch removes all circuitry from the signal path when compression is not required
- Power-up mute relays prevent switch on thumps
- Premium quality components throughout provide crystal-clear audiophile signal path
- Designed and engineered in the UK
- Threshold: -50dBu to +25dBu, Knob
- Ratio: 1:1 to Infinity, Knob
- Attack: 0.1ms to 20ms, Knob
- Release: 50ms to 2 Seconds, Knob
- Presence: Minimum to Maximum, Knob
- Makeup Gain: 0dB to +18dB, Knob
- Hard Knee/Soft Knee: Switch
- Sidechain High-Pass Filter: Switch
- Automatic Attack & Release: Switch
- Compressor In: Switch
- Input: Mono, Balanced Line
- Output: Mono, Balanced via Transformer
- Noise at Unity Gain: -95dBu (22Hz to 22kHz)
- CMRR, Unity Gain, 1kHz: -70dB (Typical)
- Input Impedance, 1kHz: 20 k Ohms
- Frequency Response, Unity Gain: 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-0.5dB
- Distortion, Unity Gain, 1kHz:
- 0dBu: Less than 0.01 percent
- +10dBu: Less than 0.01 percent
- +20dBu: Less than 0.5 percent
- Maximum Input Level, 1kHz: +21dBu
- Maximum Output Level, 1kHz: +21dBu
- Output Impedance, 1kHz: 50 Ohms
- Gain Reduction Meter: 10 Segment, 2dB to 20dB in 2dB Steps
- Output Level Meter: 6 Segment, -30dBu to +20dBu in 10dB Steps
- Side Chain High Pass Filter: 200Hz, 12dB/Oct
- Voltage: +16V and -16V
- Power Consumption: 130mA, 4.2W
- Height: 132mm / 5.2''
- Width: 38mm / 1.5''
- Depth: 174mm / 6.9''
- Weight: 0.7kg / 1.5lbs
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 2 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 30 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 2 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.