Mackie HD1521 Active PA Speaker
Mackie HD1521 Active PA SpeakerDetails
The Mackie HD1521 2-Way High-Definition Powered Loudspeaker delivers class-leading power, unmatched clarity and extreme flexibility. Class-D Fast Recovery amplification produces 1600W of peak system power. High-Definition Audio Processing incorporates next-generation Mackie Active electronics and re-defines powered loudspeakers. System tuning and custom transducer design by EAW ensures an optimized system that sounds great every time.
Product Ref: 14347View Full Description
Buy on finance from £30.01 per month Finance from £30.01 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Maximise Your Output
The HD1521 incorporates the latest in Class-D amplifier technology to deliver a chest-pounding 1600W of peak system power. All three internal amps are designed using Mackie's legendary Fast Recovery circuitry. Other amplifiers can latch when pushed to clipping, leading to distorted audio, but Fast Recovery amplification reacts instantly to the occasional aggressive transient, drastically reducing the time it takes for the amp to recover, ensuring clean audio under the most demanding of situations.
Define The Experience
Mackie incorporate precision crossovers and transducer time/phase alignment processing into the loudspeaker. This instantly took the guesswork out of setting up a perfectly tuned system and the world of loudspeakers irreversibly changed. HD Series High-Definition Powered Loudspeakers not only advance Active technology, they take it to an entirely new level, marking the next major advancement for powered loudspeakers: High-Definition Live Sound.
The HD1521 is a perfectly tuned system that is truly greater than the sum of its parts. This is only possible due to the hard work and insane genius of the engineering team over at Eastern Acoustic Works (EAW). Not only did they fine tune the system for complete optimization, they also custom-designed the transducers, ensuring maximum efficiency and performance. The high-end 15" neodymium woofer features a 3" voice coil and is built to handle the massive power delivered by the low-frequency amplifier. The magnet is made using neodymium, which provides a greater magnetic field with far less material. This makes the woofer extremely lightweight without sacrificing one bit of performance. And the large 3" voice-coil is built to handle and dissipate far more heat than traditional designs. A 6" mid-range driver takes care of all the mids, leaving the woofer to do what it does best. The 1.75" compression driver brilliantly reproduces high-frequencies with a diaphragm made using heat-treated titanium. Heat-treating increases the rigidity of the diaphragm, eliminating nasty distortion that can occur due to inconsistencies on its surface. It also greatly increases the life of the driver, so you can count on stunning high-frequency production for years.
Wave-Front System Technology
Improving on traditional hi/mid horn designs, the HD1521 implements Mackie's optimized wide-dispersion WaveFront system to focus energy directly at your audience, ensuring optimum intelligibility for every seat in the house. The premium drivers, waveguide and system tuning allow the HD1521 to achieve the most output and best possible sound from every single component
Tailor your Tone
For added flexibility, Mackie have included a user-adjustable 3-band EQ on the rear panel of every HD Series loudspeaker. It's not just a two-position EQ switch that can only bet set to flat or boost, but a high-quality 3-band EQ with Hi and Lo shelving and a sweepable mid frequency, each with +/- 3dB of gain. This allows you to customize the loudspeakers for the task at hand.
- 15'' 2-way high-definition powered loudspeaker system
- 1600-watts of Class-D fast recovery amplification
- Custom designed transducers by EAW
- 15'' neodymium woofer with 3'' voice coil
- 1.75'' compression driver with heat-treated titanium diaphragm
- High-definition audio processing
- Revolutionary patented acoustic correction
- Transducer time alignment & phase correction
- Precision 2-way crossover
- User-adjustable 3-band contour EQ with sweepable mid-frequency
- Integrated limiting & protection circuitry
- Ultra-compact & lightweight
- Rugged all-wood cabinet
- 12 integrated fly points for horizontal & vertical rigging using M10 threaded eyebolts
- Stand / pole mountable
- Acoustic Performance
- Frequency Response (-3 dB): 50Hz - 18kHz
- Frequency Response (-10 dB): 40Hz - 20kHz
- Horizontal Coverage (-6 dB): 80° Averaged, 2kHz to 10kHz
- Vertical Coverage (-6 dB): 50° Averaged, 2kHz to 10kHz
- Directivity Factor; Q (DI): 14.0 (11.4) Averaged, 2kHz to 10kHz
- Max Peak SPL (Calculated): 135 dB @ 1m
- Max Peak SPL (Measured): 125 dB @ 1m
- Crossover Point: 1200Hz
- Input / Output
- Input Type: Female XLR Balanced Differential
- Input Impedance: 11kΩ Balanced
- Loop Out: Male XLR Balanced
- Low Shelving: ±3 dB @ 80Hz (6 dB / octave)
- Mid Peaking: ±3 dB @ 100Hz to 8kHz, Q=1.5
- High Shelving: ±3 dB @ 12kHz (6 dB / octave)
- Low-Frequency Power Amplifier
- Output: 700W RMS / 1400W Peak
- Rated THD: <0.03 Percent
- Cooling: Convection Extrusion
- Design:Class D
- High-Frequency Power Amplifier
- Output: 100W RMS / 200W Peak
- Rated THD: <0.03 Percent
- Cooling: Convection Extrusion
- Design: Class D
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Diameter: 15''
- Voice Coil Diameter: 3''
- Diaphragm Material: Paper
- Magnet Material: Neodymium
- High-Frequency Transducer
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1.75''
- Horn Entry Diameter: 1''
- Line Input Power
- Europe: 200-240 VAC, 50/60Hz, 1050W
- Recommended Amperage Service: 5 Amps
- AC Connector: 3-Pin IEC 250 VAC
- Safety Features: RMS Limiting, Power Supply and Amplifier Thermal Protection
- Construction Features
- Basic Design: Trapezoidal, 20° Included Angle
- Material: 15mm Exterior Grade Premium Birch Plywood
- Finish: High Durability Black Paint
- Handles: One On Each Side, One On Top
- Grille: Powder-Coated Galvanised Steel
- Display LEDs: Power ON, EQ ON, Sig / Limit, Thermal Protection, Front Power Light ON
- Fly Points: 12 M10 x 1.5 mm
- Operating Temperature: 0° - 40°C
- Weight: 36.3 kg
- Height: 762 mm
- Front Width: 464 mm
- Rear Width: 300 mm
- Depth: 478 mm
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.