View Full Description
Analog Compression and Superior Sound Quality
The DN-408X offers high-fidelity sound and extensive DSP tools, all in a single compact package. Each microphone channel features an ultra low-noise DyNamic Audio (DNA) microphone preamp with generous input signal headroom that ensures unprecedented sound quality and a robust audio signal path. The high headroom that these preamps provide results in cleaner mixes, a purer signal path and detailed, articulate audio that easily makes itself heard.
Onboard analog compression on both channels one and two helps to control the dynamics and automatically rectify unpredictable audio level surges, creating a cohesive and well-defined mix. The DN-408X ensures that the full dynamic range of your mix is delivered with impressive crystal-clear clarity.
USB Audio Interface
Recording live performances, theater performances, speaking events and any other live sound event directly onto your computer has never been simpler. The onboard USB connection gives you the ability to upload your mix directly onto a Mac or PC, meaning that additional editing/mixing and post-production is straightforward and intuitive. Additionally, the USB connection is bi-directional which enables sound files stored on your computer to be sent and played through the mixer too.
100 Studio-Grade DSP Effects
Equipped with 100 premium studio-grade effects built-in, the DN-408X provides you with an extensive range of additional creative controls that are perfect for any mixing environment. The effects include room and delays, small and large hall acoustics, plate and spring reverbs, flangers, choruses and more.
Designed for live sound environments that are often poorly lit and have restricted visibility, each section of the mixer is colour coded and includes brightly coloured knobs. Blue, green, red, yellow and white pots can be easily identified in low lighting conditions, while LED indicators for output level, peak and phantom power provide you with multiple visual cues that accurately reflect the actual output.
- Five XLR inputs with low-noise DyNamic Audio (DNA) microphone preamps
- Dynamic compression on channels 1 and 2
- 3-band EQ plus two aux sends per channel
- 60mm faders with mute switch and LED
- USB audio connectivity with level control
- 100 studio-grade digital effects
- Balanced XLR and balanced/unbalanced 1/4'' outputs
- 9-band graphic EQ for main or monitor outputs
- Headphone output with independent level control
- USB jack to power lamps or charge mobile devices
- Power Consumption: 40 Watts
- Power Connection: Standard IEC
- Dimensions: 305mm x 346mm x 80mm / 12'' x 13.6'' x 3.1'' (Width x Depth x Height)
- Weight: 3.5kg / 7.7lbs
Mono Input Channels
- Microphone Inputs: Electronically Balanced, Discrete Input Configuration
- Frequency Reponse: 20Hz - 20kHz ±5dB
- THD+N: Gain Range: 0dB - 45dB
- SNR: 105dB
- Inputs: Electronically Balanced
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz + 0.25dB
- THD+N: Sensitivity Range: -15dB - 30dB
- Microphone Inputs: 51.1 KΩ
- Channel Insert Return: 200 KΩ
- All Other Inputs: >100 KΩ
- 2-Track Outputs: 10 KΩ
- All Other Outputs: 20 KΩ
- High-Shelving: ±15dB @ 12kHz
- Mid-Bell (Mono): ±15dB @ 2.5kHz
- Low-Shelving: ±15dB @ 80Hz
- Main EQ: 9 EQ Bands ±15dB
- 63Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz, 16kHz
- A/D & D/A Converters: 24-Bit
- DSP Resolution: 24-Bit
- Effects: 10 DSP Effects Families with 10 Variations Per Family
- Presets: 100
- Rotary Encoder Preset Selector
- DSP Mute Switch
- Peak LED Indicator
- Noise (Bus Noise): -102dBr (ref: +4dBu, fader 0dB, channels muted)
- -91dBr (ref: +4dBu, fader 0dB, all input channels assigned and set to ''unity'' gain)
- Phantom Power: Mic Pin2/Pin3 and Pin1 47±2V
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.