Audio Technica ATM250DE Dual-Element Instrument Microphone
Audio Technica ATM250DE Dual-Element Instrument MicrophoneDetails
The Audio Technica ATM250DE Dual-Element Instrument Microphone features cardioid condenser and hypercardioid dynamic capsules combined in a single housing. Audio-Technica's innovative use of two polar patterns is ideal for kick drum: the hypercardioid dynamic element focuses tightly on the aggressive attack of the beater, while the condenser captures the round tonalities of the shell. Additionally, the mic includes a professional isolation clamp to provide secure mounting, versatile positioning and effective dampening of unwanted mechanical noise.
Product Ref: 19086View Full Description
Buy on finance from £8.60 per month Finance from £8.60 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £50 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36, 24 or 12 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £50:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|48 months||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £1.41Final Payment: £1.41No settlement fee||£67.68|
|36 months||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £1.78Final Payment: £1.78No settlement fee||£64.08|
|24 months||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £2.57Final Payment: £2.57No settlement fee||£61.68|
|12 months||18.9%||No Deposit||12 months: £4.69Final Payment: £4.69No settlement fee||£56.28|
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £50 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Klarna Finance on the payment page, then click the orange PLACE ORDER USING FINANCE button. This will start your application with Klarna Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases Klarna may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Dual Element Design
The dual element design of the ATM250DE ensures you capture a well-balanced recording full of punch, power, highs and lows. The ATM250DE combines the elements of dynamic and condenser microphones. The dynamic element captures and provides the punch and attack of your recordings, while the condenser elements focuses on capturing the full audio spectrum, to provide a full, well-balanced recording. Both the elements are perfectly in phase, something that is practically impossible to achieve with 2 separate microphones. The ATM250DE saves the hassle of setting up 2 different microphones and making sure they are in perfect sync. You can use the 1 ATM250DE to capture a recording with both the dynamic and condenser elements.
Switchable Low-Cut Filter & Attenuator
The ATM250DE also features a switch on the condenser element that allows you to filter out the bass frequencies. This rolls off below 80Hz to remove any low-frequency ambient noise such as traffic, or air-handling systems. The switchable 10dB pad lowers the sensitivity, ideal when recording any high output sound sources. This makes the ATM250DE a flexible microphone that is capable of recording a range of instruments and sound sources.
- Audio-Technica's proven dual-element design features two elements (condenser and dynamic) enclosed in a single housing
- Neodymium dynamic element provides punch and attack, while the condenser element captures the full audio spectrum
- Elements are positioned in a perfect phase relationship, something practically unachievable with two separate microphones
- Perfect for kick drum, guitar amps and instrument use
- Integral 80 Hz HPF switch and 10 dB pad (condenser element)
- Versatile mounting options and effective dampening of mechanical noise thanks to included AT8471 isolation clamp
- Corrosion-resistant contacts from gold-plated XLRM-type connector
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use
- Frequency Response: 40-20,000 Hz (condenser) 40-15,000 Hz (dynamic)
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave (condenser)
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 49 dB (3.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa (condenser) -53 dB (2.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa (dynamic)
- Impedance: 50 ohms (condenser) 600 ohms (dynamic)
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1 T.H.D. (condenser)
- Dynamic Range: 122 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL (condenser)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa (condenser)
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 3.5 mA typical (condenser)
- Weight: 320 g (11.3 oz)
- Dimensions: 143.6 mm (5.65") long, 55.0 mm (2.17") diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 5-pin XLRM-type
- Cable: 5.0 m (16.5') dual shielded, 8-conductor cable, 5-pin XLRF-type connector at microphone, two 3-pin XLRM-type output connectors
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.