View Full Description
More power thanks to Quad FX core
Tuned for performance. The XONE:DB4 features a powerful Quad FX Core DSP engine enabling each channel to have its own FX bank and BPM detection system. The BPM system automatically synchronises the time-related FX and loops to the tempo of the music, making it easy to build grooves and soundscapes without the problem of lagging latency.
The DB4 provides an intuitive layout and divides the FX into 5 categories; delays, reverbs, resonators, modulators, and damage, giving you easy access for choosing the type of effect you want. Additionally, further parameters of each effect can be altered as well by using the global controllers in the FX master section. Furthermore, the mixer can be used as a stereo multi-channel effects processor when digitally inserted into your chosen DAW.
Keep the beat rolling with the Looper function
Always be on time. The XONE:DB4 features a loop section that provides automatic looping of a track for up to 4 bars at 60BPM or above. The loop lengths can be shortened and expanded as you like whilst playing, giving you freedom for more creative control during your DJ performances.
A handy feature of the looper is that it operates in ROLL mode meaning the track will continue playing even though you can only hear the loop. There are 2 modes of operation with the loop switch. The first is latching activation so a short tap on the switch latches the loop on and likewise to turn it off. The second is momentary activation so by pushing and holding the switch it will turn the loop on and then releasing it will automatically turn the loop off.
Featured on the XONE:DB4 is an EQ section that can operate in 3 different ways and the EQ knobs illuminate to correspond to whichever mode is activated. The 3 different modes include isolator mode, EQ mode and filter mode.
Isolator mode offers a steeper 24dB/octave slope for tight frequency isolation whereas normal EQ mode has a gentler 12dB/octave slope offering more precise control over the frequency spectrum. Choose whichever suits best for your mixing style. The filter mode completely changes the settings from a normal EQ to a low and high pass filter. The rotary attenuators change to become filters and a resonance control to provide you with more control over filtering.
Dual Filter system
A dual filter system is fitted on the XONE:DB4, a filter that emulates the analogue filters and is a key feature on most XONE products. The XONE filter allows the user to use a combination of the filter types (LP, HP, BP) to achieve dynamic effects and can be used on each channel.
Resonance control is also available that reproduces the classic analogue VCF sounds. Change the range from mild to wild to achieve a more dramatic effect with a higher frequency peak.
USB saving and recalling
The XONE:DB4 mixer gives you the ability to save and recall settings on another XONE:DB4 mixer. Your settings from your DB4 including meter mode, BPM range, USB audio routing scheme and display brightness can all be stored onto a USB and then plugged into another XONE:DB4 mixer and recalled.
Along with its versatility and functions, there is an added feature of the mixer doubling up as a MIDI controller allowing the loop and FX selection controls to send MIDI data without having to change the mixer settings. The DB4 can generate internal MIDI clock which can be used to control the tempo of a connected DAW via USB.
'Even after many years of critical and consumer acclaim, A&H exhibit no signs of complacency.' - read more at DJ Worx
'Pretty much the ultimate mixer. Once you've mastered it you can really steal the show.' - read more at Music Radar
'Beautifully built in aluminium, the Xone:DB4 is one of the most sophisticated mixers out there.' - read more at Digital DJ Tips
- Quad FX core (each channel has its own FX bank and BPM detection system)
- Looper section for each channel
- Xone dual filter system
- Matrix input (select between analogue, USB and digital stereo music sources)
- Trimodal EQ
- Mix/line input
- Integral soundcard (24-bit/96kHz)
- USB port for saving and recalling settings on another XONE:DB4
- MIDI control
- Output patchbay (booth, record and phones)
- Lightweight chassis (DB4's lightweight aluminum chassis is designed to make touring with the console easy)
- Multiple effects split into categories
Digital architecture specification
- Analogue/digital conversion: 24 bit
- Analogue/digital line-up: +12dBu = 0dBFS
- DSP processing: 24 bit I/O + 48 bit EQ
- DSP core sampling frequency: 48kHZ
- USB soundcard sampling frequency range: 48kHz
- Main outputs: 0VU = +4dBu
- Monitor: 0VU = +4dBu
- Record: oVU = +4dBu
- Max output level:,/b> +24dBu balanced
- Dimensions: 320mm x 88mm x 358mm
- Weight: 5.1kg
For more information (including specifications) please see the PDF user guide above
*PLEASE NOTE* - Here you can download the latest firmware and drivers for the XONE DB4
*Note from Allen & Heath*
- "Please note that the correct operation of macOS High Sierra (10.13) is not yet verified by our Software Test department. As a result, support for macOS High Sierra is not currently offered for this Allen & Heath product. We will update this notice as our test programmes are completed, in the meantime, we advise against updating your OS."