AKG Perception P420 Large Diaphragm Mic
AKG Perception P420 Large Diaphragm MicDetails
The AKG Perception P420 is a multi-pattern large-diaphragm condenser microphone for more demanding professional studio recording applications. Offering high sensitivity and 155 dB maximum SPL, the Perception 420 delivers a warm transparent sound quality ideally suited for ensemble recording, grand piano, woodwind and brass instruments as well as drums and percussion instruments. In addition, three selectable polar patterns - cardioid, omnidirectional or figure-eight - allow a wide range of stereo miking techniques and ambient recording.
Product Ref: 5820View Full Description
Buy on finance from £4.57 per month Finance from £4.57 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £50 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36, 24 or 12 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £50:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|48 months||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £1.41Final Payment: £1.41No settlement fee||£67.68|
|36 months||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £1.78Final Payment: £1.78No settlement fee||£64.08|
|24 months||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £2.57Final Payment: £2.57No settlement fee||£61.68|
|12 months||18.9%||No Deposit||12 months: £4.69Final Payment: £4.69No settlement fee||£56.28|
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £50 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Klarna Finance on the payment page, then click the orange PLACE ORDER USING FINANCE button. This will start your application with Klarna Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases Klarna may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Dual-Capsule Condenser Microphone
The AKG Perception P420 is a high-performance, large-diaphragm condenser microphone featuring a dual-capsule design. The P420 is ideal for studio recording applications, highly suited to ensemble recording, piano, woodwind, brass and even drums and percussion. At the heart of the P420 is the one-inch dual-diaphragm capsule, complete with three selectable polar patterns for maximum versatility. The switchable polar patterns allow you to attenuate the sound of the microphone for various recording applications. Some polar patterns are suited for close proximity recordings, whereas others are great for overheads and ambient room micing.
Wide Frequency Response
The high-end dual-capsule design, boasts a wide frequency response, intended to capture every nuance of your source audio. The resulting sound is warm and transparent, as well as being rich and defined. The extreme detail the microphone captures is ideal for studio-grade recordings, cutting through any mix with ease. The three selectable polar patterns achieve different sounds and tones. The polar patterns included are: cardioid, omnidirectional and figure-8. The flexible polar patterns mean it is ideal for stereo micing and ambient recordings. It even features a switchable attenuation pad, providing high SPL ranging up to 155dB.
Low-noise electronics have been employed in the design of the Perception P420, ensuring optimal signal integrity and a high dynamic range. The robust, all-metal design is ideal for life on the road, making it suitable for both stage and studio recording purposes. It features a sturdy and robust integrated grille, designed to eliminate unwanted wind noise and vibrations, helping to protect the internal components for optimal protection. Additionally, the microphone comes complete with a spider shock mount and a metal carrying case for storing and transporting your microphone with ease.
- Large-diaphragm condenser microphone
- One-inch, dual-diaphragm design
- Three selectable polar patterns: Cardioid, Omnidirectional & Figure-8
- Provides warm and transparent sound
- Perfect for ensemble recording, piano, woodwind and brass instruments, as well as drums and percussion
- Ideal for stereo micing and ambient recording
- Low-noise electronics provides a high dynamic range
- Switchable attenuation pad, ranging up to 155dB
- Robust all-metal design
- Complete with shock mount and carry case
- Type: Dual-capsule,1-inch large-diaphragm, true condenser pressure-gradient microphone
- Polar pattern: Cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-eight
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 28 mV/Pa (-31 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 135/155 dB SPL (0/-20 dB) for 0.5 THD
- Equivalent noise level: 16 dB-A (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 78 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0 dB, -20 dB
- Bass filter: 12 dB/octave, 300 Hz
- Recommended load impedance: >=1000 ohms
- Power requirement: 48 V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: metallic blue/nickel grille
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.