View Full Description
4-operator FM sound engine provides classic synth sounds
This portable synthesizer features a 37-note configuration with a high-quality keyboard that provides a natural feel and response. At the heart of the Yamaha Reface DX is the 4-operator FM sound engine. This engine is comprised of four sections, each with its own adjustable controls, allowing you to create vintage-style sounds on the fly.
It features 12 algorithm combinations in total, giving you more than enough control to design and sculpt the sound you want. It features four buttons for each of the operations comprised of: Frequency, Level, Algorithms and Feedback. These parameters give you in-depth control of your sound. This powerful and intuitive control panel allows you to see you how you are changing your sound via the built-in LED display, providing visual representation of each four stages.
32 premium-grade presets
As well as being able to create your own sounds, the Reface DX also boasts 32 built-in presets, which can be edited via the control section for added flexibility. The presets range from natural sounds such as the Marimbas and E-Pianos to cutting-edge synth sounds such as Pads, Leads and everything in between.
You can also expand your editing functionality by hitting the Edit button, providing advanced editing control for sounds, allowing you to have fun with the presets or get in-depth with your custom sounds.
Onboard effects and phrase looper
One of the most convenient and versatile features of the Reface DX is the ability to utilise a wide variety of onboard effects. The built-in effects range include Touch Wah, Flanger, Chorus, Delay, Reverb and more. This can skew the tone of your sounds, as well as providing added depth and a touch of flare.
The Phrase Looper allows you to create song ideas on the fly, creating sound on sound overdubs with ease. The MIDI Looper allows you to capture your performance and play it back instantaneously. You can use it for everything from jamming over the top of a bassline to creating complex patterns and melodies.
Compact and portable design
The highly compact design of the Reface DX, makes it extremely portable; with its small size being ideal for live performance and studio work alike. The lightweight design is also robust, ensuring a long life. It boasts built-in speakers and can be powered by batteries for added flexibility. The keyboard can also be connected to external speakers of PA systems, making it ideal for live performances.
Expand your sound with Soundmondo
Yamaha has given you the ability to expand your soundset with a range of premium-quality sounds, with the Soundmondo community. To discover, create and share sounds simply visit Soundmondo site, connect your Yamaha Reface and browse the ever-expanding list of high-quality soundbanks.
- 4-Operator FM Sound Engine offers dynamic and expressive additive synthesis
- Two programmable effects blocks with seven effect types per block
- 32 Voice memory locations allow storing and recalling favourite Voices
- Integrated phrase Looper: capture song ideas or just jam
- HQ mini keyboard allows fast, natural performance with premium feel and response
- Multi-touch control interface gives direct access to four simultaneous parameters
- Sustain pedal input allows the sustain function for all FM generated sounds
- 2W 3cm stereo speaker system lets you play any place, any time
- Specially designed bass reflex port technology enhances bass response for full, rich sound
- Battery powered! Uses six "AA" batteries with five hours of life
- USB "TO HOST" allows MIDI connectivity to your USB-equipped computer or iOS device
- A 3.5mm aux line input lets you connect and hear mobile devices, tablets and more through the instrument
- Dual 1/4" unbalanced line outputs provide connection to mixers, audio interfaces, DI boxes and more
- Includes MIDI breakout cable, Owner's Manual, and PA130 power supply
- Keys: 37 HQ Mini
- Polyphony (Max): 8
- Engine: FM
- Voice Types: 4 Operators, 12 Algorithms
- Voices: 32
- Effects: Distortion, VCM Touch Wah, Chorus, VCM Flanger, VCM Phaser, Delay, Reverb
- Amplifiers: 2 x 2 Watt
- Speakers: 2 x 3 cm
- Display: Full Dot LCD (128 x 64 Dots)
- Inputs: 1 x 3.5mm Aux, MIDI In
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" TS (Stereo Out), MIDI Out, 1 x 3.5 mm Headphones
- Other Connections: USB, Pedals
- Power Consumption: 6 Watts
- Battery Life: 5 Hours (Approx)
- Power Supply: Included Adapter or 6 x AA Batteries (Sold Separately)
- Includes: AC Adapter, MIDI Breakout Cable, Owner?s Manual
- Height: 2.375" / 60 mm
- Width: 20.875" / 530 mm
- Depth: 6.875" / 175 mm
- Weight: 1.9 Kg