View Full Description
Music That You feel
Travel from your bedroom to the concert hall. The YDP S54 now includes samples from Yamaha's flagship piano - the Yamaha CFX concert grand. The CFX grand piano represents 19 years of research and development to combine traditional craftsmanship with modern day engineering. This harmonious combination enabled the engineers at Yamaha to examine every element of the piano, discovering how every detail can impact the sound.
In 2010, the CFX was the piano of choice by the winner of the prestigious International Chopin Competition. Since then, the CFX has gained worth recognition as one of the greatest concert grands of all time. Now you can experience this, all in the comfort of your own home. Boasting scintillating highs and a powerful bass, these CFX samples will transform your practice into a recital.
Graded Hammer 3 Piano Action
As well as the faithful samples, the YDP S54 features fully-weighted keys, reproducing the touch of an acoustic piano for natural playability. The Graded Hammer 3 (GH3) 88-key piano action recreates the natural feel when touching the keys, reacting accordingly to velocity changes and providing that 'heavy feel' in the lower register. The piano action also features a three-sensor configuration which analyses and interprets the behaviour of the keyboard, providing a natural response and feel. This lets you hear every nuance of the sound, providing authentic expressive control with the synthetic ebony and ivory key tops only adding to its natural feel.
External device connection
Who said pianos had to be traditional? The Smart Pianist app offers a range of features that places you in control. The app enables you to select instrument voices, adjust various settings, record your performance, and much more! You will find yourself making music faster with this app as it gives you the freedom to do it via your smart device.
Want to play along with your favourite songs? Now you can! Smart Pianist scans the audio songs loaded in your music library, analyses the chord progressions, and then displays them for you on the screen of your smart device. It's that simple. Play along as the chords scroll by, all the while hearing the song playback through your piano's speaker system. Loading MIDI songs into the app will also allow you to follow along with digital sheet music while you play. Please note: Smart Pianist functionality may vary dependent on the model of Yamaha piano used.
Stereophonic Headphone Optimizer
A great feature of digital pianos is the ability to practice in silence using headphones. The YDP S54 has catered to this feature with the Stereophonic Optimizer. The Stereophonic Optimizer works by adjusting the spacing of the sound and the separation from the instrument, resulting in a natural and spacious surround sound quality, immersing you within the pianos natural tones. This helps to perceive the sound of the piano as coming from the body of the instrument rather than the headphones, providing a more realistic and natural playing experience.
3 Month Flowkey Premium Offer
Yamaha and the piano tutorial app Flowkey have collaborated for a limited time offer to give you 3 months of premium learning. Simply download the Flowkey app on to your smartphone or tablet, register your instrument, and begin your subscription. The user friendly interface allows you to learn each song in both a sheet music format as well as a play-along video. Thanks to the adjustable difficulty settings, Flowkey can be used by complete novices and developed musicians alike. Premium Flowkey members have access to over 500 songs covering major hits from pop, classical, rock and more. This intuitive app can even track your playing and offer instant feedback to help improve your skills. Any Yamaha digital piano purchased between 15th July 2016 and 31st March 2022 is now eligible for three months of premium Flowkey access.
Please visit Flowkey's website to find out more about this exciting offer.
- Width: 1353 mm
- Height: 792 mm
- With key cover open: 976 mm
- Depth: 309 mm
- With key cover open: 317 mm
- With anti-fall brackets attached: 404 mm
- Weight: 40 kg
- Keyboard: Graded hammer (GH3) keyboard with synthetic ebony and ivory keytops
- Number of Keys: 88
- Touch Sensitivity: Hard/Medium/Soft/Fixed
- Pedals: Damper/Sostenuto/Soft
- Key Cover: Folding key cover with music rest
- Finish: Black
Functions and Voices
- Tone Generator: Yamaha CFX
- Polyphony (Max): 192
- Number of Voices: 10
- Effects: Reverb (four types), Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC), Stereophonic Optimizer, Damper Resonance
- Preset Songs: 10 Demo Songs, 50 Piano Preset Songs
- User Recording: 1 user song with 2 tracks
- Data Capacity: 100 KB per song (approx. 11,000 notes)
- Compatible Data Format (Playback): SMF (format 0, format 1)
- Compatible Data Format (Recording): SMF (format 0)
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 - 280 bpm
- Transpose: -6 to 0, 0 to +6
- Tuning: 414.8 - 440.0 - 446.8 Hz
- Internal Memory: Total maximum size approx. 900 KB (User song: One song approx. 100 KB, Loading song data from a computer: Up to 10 Songs)
- Connectivity: Stereo headphone jack x 2; USB-to-host
- Amplifiers: 20 W x 2
- Speakers: 12cm x 2
- Acoustic Optimizer: Yes
- Power Supply: PA-300 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Power Consumption: 13 W (When using PA-300C AC adapter)
- Included Accessories: PA-300C AC adapter; song book (50 Greats for Piano)