SOMA laboratory Lyra-8 Analog Synthesizer, Black Beast
SOMA laboratory Lyra-8 Analog Synthesizer, Black BeastDetails
It offers 8 voices with built-in delay, distortion and modulation, as well as FM and vibrato, allowing for complex and diverse sounds to be created. The Lyra-8 is intertwined by many nonlinear connections and works in an entangled state to create weird sounds rather than musical.
Additionally, you can use the Lyra-8's internal effects with external modules such as a drum machine. Create wild, beautiful and wonderful soundscapes with the Lyra-8 synthesizer.
Product Ref: 124464View Full Description
Buy on finance from £16.35 per month Finance from £16.35 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Weird & Wonderful
The SOMA Lyra-8 is not like your conventional synthesizer. The module is intertwined by many nonlinear connections and works in an entangled state, thus allowing for the creation of many complex FX and drones rather than melodic sounds. Nothing is synced and quantised, which makes it all the better for creating drones. This is what makes the synthesizer excel at creating weird and wonderful sounds.
Without numbers on knobs or presets, the Lyra-8 wants you to get straight in and delve into exploration. It is the ideal synthesizer for creating modulating drones, FX, atmospheres, pads, soundscapes and textures. The Lyra-8 produces a palette of darkly fractured tones. The Lyra-8 is the big sister of the Lyra-4, offering double the voices, 2 delay lines, more FM modulation, and more synthesis algorithms.
On-board are 8 voices, each with their own pitch (TUNE) knob and envelope generator. There is no quantisation for the pitch, allowing you to get everywhere in between notes. Each voice also has its own modulation source selector and its own LFO that is tuned to a dedicated frequency, allowing you to avoid that primitive sinusoidal vibe you hear when only 1 LFO is used on all the voices.
The SHARP knob allows you to move between a sine and triangle waveform. The HOLD knob lets you create a continuous sound and bring up the volume of all the voices, and the transpose knob allows you to set the pitch or key for the whole group. This then allows you to start adjusting other knobs whilst playing to create slowly evolving textures.
Each voice has a sensor that allows you to activate the sound. Each voice also has a MOD knob that sets a selected voice pair's modulation depth with everything from sonically extreme to bright-sounding effects.
The Lyra-8 also offers a range of effects designed to enhance your sound. It features integrated FM, vibrato, LFO, distortion and delay. The FM is dialed in by three 4-way switches, allowing for 81 variations of FM synthesis. Each voice has its own unique vibrato frequency, as there as 8 independent vibrato generators in the instrument.
The HYPER LFO consists of 2 separately tuned low-frequency oscillators, which a complex waveform can be synthesized. The Lyra-8 also features 2 independent delay channels, each with their own individual time adjustment and option of modulation. There is also a SELF/LFO switch which allows the delay time to be modulated by its own output signal, thus creating interesting FX.
The distortion allows you to mangle the sound. It features a drive and mix knob for setting the required amounts. Additionally, the Lyra-8 can be used as an external effects processor. For example, you can connect a drum machine and use the effects on the Lyra-8 to add delay, distortion and LFO to the drum machine.
"A very responsive if unpredictable form of analogue FM synthesis with voices interacting to produce brain-twisting textures. Not all synth players are going to be immediately drawn to the Lyra-8's sometimes abrasive, droning tonality, but those who are will find it refreshingly, genuinely different!" Sound on Sound
Read the full review here.
- Module is intertwined by many nonlinear connections and works in an entangled state
- Ideal for creating drones, atmospheres, complex FX, soundscapes, textures and pads
- 8 unique voices, each with their own pitch, envelope generator and modulation source
- Each voice's LFO has a different dedicated frequency
- Sine and triangle waveforms
- HOLD knob for providing continuous volume of voices
- Sensors for activating voice
- Each voice has its own unique vibrato frequency
- Integrated FM allows for 81 variations of FM synthesis
- LFO with 2 separately tuned low-frequency oscillators
- 2 independent delay channels, each with their own time adjustment and option of modulation
- Delay time can also be modulated by the delay’s own output signal, which enables many effects
- Distortion with drive and mix amount
- Can be used as an external effects processor
- Max Output Voltage: 2 v 0-to-peak
- Output Connector: Mono 6.3mm TS or TRS (balanced) jack
- Output Resistance: 100 Ohm
- EXT IN: 1 v 0-to-peak
- EXT IN Connector: 6.3mm TS jack
- HOLD GATE: Full HOLD volume +5V
- HOLD GATE Connector: 6.3mm TS jack
- CV DELAY: Unipolar, range of 0 to +5 volt
- CV DELAY Connector: 6.3mm TS jack
- CV VOICES: Unipolar, range of 0 to +5 volt
- CV VOICES Connector: 6.3mm TS jack
- Power Supply: Stabilised, +12V, 0.2A, center positive
- Power Consumption: 2 watt
- Dimensions: 266 x 266 x 62mm
- Weight: 2.5kg
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 2 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 30 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 2 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.