View Full Description
Experience the full Juno trilogy
Building on the legacy of the Juno series, Roland introduces the latest and greatest synthesizer which takes all the best elements from previous models and elevates them in every possible way. The best of both worlds, the Juno-X combines the character and vintage spirit of analog synthesis with modern innovation to create this powerful hybrid synthesizer.
The Juno-X incorporates sounds from two previous Juno models – the Juno-60 and Juno-106 respectively. The Juno-60 built on the success of the Juno-6, offering advanced polyphonic synthesis with a stable digital controlled oscillator. Regarded for its rich character, full-bodied tonality and solid tuning capabilities.
After the Juno-60 came, the Juno-106; championed because of its unique sonic character and its then, revolutionary MIDI interface. The arpeggiator of the 106 features a polyphonic portamento function, something unique to the Juno at that time. Released in 1984, the Juno-106 went on to become one of the most popular synthesizers ever made.
Leading up to the present day, the Juno-X incorporates the same design aspects that made the original so sought after; with a whole host of new features and creative tools to use. Furthering the iconic sound of the Juno series, the Juno-X encapsulates that classic sound with warm/organic, genre-defying sounds. The previous Juno models from the 80s played an instrumental role in countless pop hits and the emerging electronic dance scene.
Onboard models and expansions from iconic Roland gear
If having access to previous Juno sounds wasn’t enough, the Juno-X also incorporates a range of iconic Roland gear via physical modelling. The Juno-X features over 900 PCM-based presets inherited from the now-classic XV-5080 module spanning from acoustic instruments to vintage drums and synths. Pristine acoustic pianos are also available, taken from Roland’s RD stage piano series for an authentic, natural sound. Mix vocals and instrumentation using the onboard Vocoder, ideal for that vintage-style robotic vocal technique.
Providing support for Model Expansions (from Roland Cloud), you can constantly expand and evolve your sound library and the overall character of the synthesizer. Meticulously modelled versions of the Jupiter-8, JD-800 and a range of other iconic Roland gear are available to download straight to your synth. Not only that, but Roland Cloud is home to an ever-growing range of sound packs, sampled packs and wave expansions.
Cutting-edge Zen-Core synthesis engine
The beating heart of the Juno-X is the powerful and versatile ZEN-Core sound engine. Powered by four custom Behaviour Modelling Chips, it's one of Roland’s most flexible and expandable sound engines to date; the product of years of research and development. Offering a comprehensive sound range from authentic acoustic instruments to cutting-edge electronic and hybrid sounds, ZEN-Core pushes the Juno-X into new sonic territory.
Optimised workflow with intuitive interface
With a wide range of hands-on controls on offer, the Juno-X provides a fluid workflow with an intuitive interface that bridges the gap between your creativity and composition. High-precision encoder sliders provide accurate digital control over your parameters, alongside dedicated buttons for a range of settings, sounds and functions. You can navigate between advanced settings and parameters with ease via the crisp LCD display. Basing its design on previous versions of the Juno, the Juno-X has a familiar feel and panel design, allowing you to immerse yourself in your creative process.
Multi-effects processer and sound design options
For those who like to create their own sounds, you can use the vast array of controls, parameters and onboard effects to create something unique to you. You can layer multiple JUNOs together, opening up a whole new world of sound analog-flavoured inspiration. You can even layer Model Expansions and other onboard presets to create massive tones and sounds of your own.
The customisation doesn’t stop there; an onboard multi-effects processor allows you to add texture to your sounds. You can utilise a variety of studio-grade effects including drive, delay, reverb, compression and much more. There is even an onboard master EQ so you can shape and sculpt the sound you desire. The fan-favourite also makes a return, with the Juno-X including its iconic stereo chorus effect, featuring both modes from the original as well as a third mode which results in a fatter sound.
Integrated stereo speakers and USB/MIDI audio interface
From the studio to the stage, the Roland Juno-X excels; featuring onboard stereo speakers so you can always play and monitor your sound, no matter where you go. Featuring a 61-note keybed with aftertouch, the Juno-X provides maximum expression when it comes to playing live or recording for compositions. The famous pitch bend/mod lever is also present. You can also use the Juno-X with your favourite music software thanks to the built-in USB/MIDI audio interface. The synthesizer’s rear panel is packed with connections including both unbalanced/balanced audio outputs plus a stereo audio input and MIDI I/O. There is also a mic input for use with the Vocoder.
Advanced control with Juno-X Editor software
For more advanced users, the Juno-X editor software allows you to dive into complex controls, settings and parameters to further expand your capabilities. Designed for use with Mac/Windows computers, you can use the Juno-X editor software to tweak sounds, effects and Scenes with the utmost detail.
- The legacy continues – reimagining the Juno synthesizer with modern innovation whilst staying true to the original character and design
- Powerful ZEN-Core synthesis system
- Newly developed Juno-X model with revamped Super Saw oscillator, iconic Juno chorus effect and velocity sensitivity
- Delve into sonic history with Juno-106 and Juno-6 model
- Capture the sound of iconic Roland gear via Model Expansions
- Wide range of sounds taken from the XV-5080, RD-series pianos and Roland’s classic vocoder
- Load Model Expansions (e.g Jupiter-8, JD-800, Vocal Designer) from Roland Cloud via the onboard user slot
- Intuitive interface with hands-on design and precision controls
- Traditional arpeggiator and advanced I-Arpeggio driven by intelligent algorithms
- Onboard stereo speakers for monitoring your sound wherever you go
- Bluetooth audio support
- Advanced control via the free Juno-X editor software (for Mac and Windows)
- 10 free Sound Packs available from Roland Cloud with purchase
- Keyboard: 61 Keys (channel aftertouch)
- Sound Generator: ZEN-Core
- Parts: 5 parts (Play part: 4, Rhythm part: 1)
- Preset tone: 4,000 or greater
- User tone: 256
- Drum Kit: 90 or greater
- Scenes: 256
- Multi-Effects: 4 systems, 93 types
- Part EQ: 5 systems
- Overdrive: 1 type
- Reverb: 8 types
- Chorus: 5 types
- Delay: 5 types
- Other: Mic NS / Compressor, Master EQ / Compressor
- Arpeggiator: I-ARPEGGIO (Multi parts arpeggiator with playing detection)
- Arpeggio Parts: 5 parts
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
- Assignable Slider x 2
- Assignable Switch x 3
- Version: 4.2
- Profile Support: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- Display: Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- Speaker Amplifier Power Output: 4 W x 2
- Full Range: (3.5 x 8 cm) x 2
- Tweeter: 2 cm x 2
- HEADPHONES jacks: Stereo miniature phone type (front), Stereo 1/4-inch phone type (rear)
- MAIN OUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- MAIN OUT jacks (L, R): XLR type
- MIC INPUT jack: 1/4 inch phone type/XLR type
- AUX INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- HOLD PEDAL jack
- CONTROL PEDAL jack
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB COMPUTER port (AUDIO/MIDI)
- USB MEMORY port
- External Memory: USB Flash drive (sold separately)
- Power Consumption: 20 W
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 1,072 x 333 x 118 mm (42-1/4 x 13-1/8 x 4-11/16 inches)
- Weight: 15.3 kg
- Product Code: JUNO-X