View Full Description
The ultimate creative hub and workstation
The Fantom 6 builds on the success of previous iterations, staying true to its core principles and fluid playability. With an ergonomic layout that is jam-packed with performance controls and a built-in TR-REC sequencer; the Fantom 6 sets a precedent in the workstation ranks. The fluid creative process makes it easier than ever to create music, tweak sounds and inspire your creativity. You can seamlessly switch between sounds, perfect for live performances and quick production decisions.
Focus on playing. The Fantom combines the latest technological innovations with fluid operation and deep computer integration. The modeless interface design means you never have to worry about what features work in which modes. The consistent workspace prepares you for any scenario, from music-based production to live stage performances.
Scene and always heard
One of the most useful performance features is the ability to customise your creative space and save the settings. The creative spaces are called “Scenes”. A Scene can be a full song, a segmented section of a song or even a selection of your favourite sounds, arranged to your liking. You can even chain multiple Scenes together and switch between them instantaneously with gaps or glitches.
Highly versatile sound engine with powerful DSP
The beating heart of the Fantom is the powerful and versatile sound engine. It's one of Roland’s most flexible and expandable sound engines today; the product of years of research and development. The myriad of sounds is further complemented by the ability to blend between tones and sound and even sculpt your own using the onboard analog filter and wide range of controls. The sounds range from authentic acoustic instrument to cutting-edge electronic and hybrid sounds. The new and improved technology pushes the Fantom into new sonic territory, whilst retaining the classic synth sounds that made the originals so sought after.
The core of the sound engine is powered by custom Behaviour Modeling Chips, providing smooth and precise control with a large amount of polyphony and full patch remain. The synthesizer engine bases its design on partials. Each of the partials starts with a discrete synth voice (with oscillator, filter amplifier, dual LFO and effects). You can utilise up to four partials within a single tone. A scene can hold up to 16 tones for complex layering, splits and sequenced parts.
Semi-weighted keybed with aftertouch for fluid playability
The Fantom 6 features a brand new semi-weighted keybed with the addition of aftertouch. This premium-grade keybed provides an authentic feel and touch, similar to that of a grand piano. The result is a solid yet precise feel that captures your playing style with every nuance. The wide range of connectivity also means you can incorporate levers, wheels or pedals for added expressiveness.
V-Piano technology – natural sound and feel
Further complementing the semi-weighted keybed, the Fantom features V-Piano technology. This specialised sound technology combines the authentic feel of the keybed with a meticulously crafted piano sound. The result is a natural grand piano sound that plays and responds like their acoustic counterparts.
Hands-on control with intuitive touchscreen interface
The Fantom features a comprehensive control section, comprised of a wide range of knobs, sliders and even RGB pads. You can use the sliders for controlling modulation and volume, perfect for making quick, on-the-fly changes. You can achieve everything from smooth sweeps to finer adjustments of texture and sound with the onboard controls. It also includes a dedicated synth section with oscillator, filter and envelope controls as well as buttons and pads for triggering and sequencing.
The main control hub of the whole workstation is the intuitive touchscreen interface. You can easily control settings and parameters from the touchscreen, as well as providing seamless integration with your favourite DAW. The touchscreen allows you to directly operate performance software like Apple’s Logic Pro and MainStage, as well as virtual instruments from Roland Cloud and some others.
TR-REC step sequencer
Creating patterns and rhythms has never felt better. The onboard TR-REC style pattern sequencer is borrowed from classic Roland drum machines. This new stylised sequencer allows you to create patterns in a variety of different ways. You can create rhythms and pattern in real time or through step-time polyphonic sequencing.
A highly useful tool is the clip-based sequencing. Building up a track and arranging it can be one of the most tedious challenges musicians face. By constantly building and adding new clips you can easily start to see the puzzle pieces in an intuitive way. You can record drums, basslines pads and other patterns, which you can then trigger individually or in groups.
Wide range of analog and digital connectivity
The rear panel of the Fantom features a wide range of analog and digital connectivity, making it of the most versatile workstations on the market. The Fantom doesn’t just work with computers, it fully integrates with them. It features a built-in 16x3 stereo audio interface, as well as the ability to integrate soft synths. You can even connect external MIDI and USB controllers from the three available USB ports. Should you want to integrate with analog synths and modules, the Fantom features two sets of CV/Gate which you can sync tempo or play them from Fantom’s keyboard and pattern sequencers.
- Next-generation flagship synthesizer
- Built-in intuitive colour touch screen
- Powerful onboard DSP engine, run up to 16 parts with all effects at once
- Semi-weighted keybed with aftertouch support for fluid playability
- Onboard RGB pads – ideal for finger drumming and triggering samples
- TR-REC style pattern sequencer
- Real-time recording with piano roll editing
- Deep integration with computers including DAWs and performance software
- Flexible and expandable sound engine
- Control DAWs and virtual instruments from touchscreen
- CV/Gate connectivity for use with analog synths and modules
- V-Piano technology provides authentic sound and feel
- Sound engine powered by custom Behaviour Modeling chips
- Keyboard: 61 Keys (semi-weighted keyboard and channel aftertouch)
- Sound Generator: ZEN-Core, V-Piano Technology
- Parts: 16 zones (internal and external)
- Scenes: 127 scene x 4 bank
- Tones: Over 3,500 tones, over 90 drum kits
- Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 90 types
- Part EQ: 16 systems
- Drum Part COMP: 6 systems
- Insertion Effect: 2 System, 90 Type
- Chorus: 8 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Master Compressor: 1
- Master EQ: 1
- Mic Input Reverb: 6 types
- Analog Filter Type: LPF1/LPF2/LPF3/HPF/BPF/Bypass
- MIDI Tracks: 16 (internal/external)
- Group: 16
- Pattern: 8 (per each track)
- Pattern Length: 32 measures
- Recording Method: Realtime recording, Step recording, TR-REC
- Sampler: Pad sampler
- Format: 16-bit linear, 44.1/48kHz, WAV/AIFF import supported
- Maximum Polyphony: 8
- Number Of Samples: 16 pads x 4 banks
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
- Assignable Switch x 2 (S1/S2)
- Control Knob x 8
- Slider x 8
- USB Audio Slider
- Wheel x 2
- Function Knob x 6
- Sound Modified Knob x 11
- 4 x 4 Pad
- Display: Graphic Type, 7", Wide VGA (800 x 480 dots), backlit LCD (Colour/Touch screen)
- Power Supply: AC 117-240V 50/60Hz
- Accessories: Owner’s manual, power cord
- Power Consumption: 50W
- Dimensions: 1,084 (W) x 403 (D) x 106 (H) mm
- Weight: 15.3 kg