View Full Description
The SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine found in the Roland FP-90 uses Roland’s unique piano modelling to interpret the subtle variations of your touch, recreate the complex tonal characteristics of an acoustic instrument and deliver an organic performance unrivalled by pianos which rely solely on sampling technology.
FP-90 supports your playing with unlimited polyphony for the SuperNATURAL piano sounds, and a plentiful 384-note polyphony for the plethora of additional onboard instrument sounds including organs, electric pianos and strings. The FP-90's powerful onboard speaker system has twice the power of the previous model, and is therefore suitable for use in a variety of venues without external amplification.
In a bold, no-compromise move, Roland have fitted the FP90 with their PHA-50 progressive hammer action keyboard from their home piano series. This no-holds-barred approach provides the type of response and feel demanded by the most articulate professional musicians, which will also help players at all levels to master their technique. The wood and plastic hybrid construction combines durability with traditional appearance featuring ebony and ivory feel keytops which absorb moisture from your fingers, ensuring you can deliver a confident and controlled performance. The action design also features a stabilising pin to prevent unwanted lateral movement of the keys and features escapement for a touch response which is truly authentic.
The included Roland DP-10 Pedal and optional triple pedal units all feature a continuous damper pedal, for more accurate control of the sound.
Advanced design keeps the FP-90 easy to use whilst maintaining a great aesthetic. All of the control buttons are flush to the panel, so there are no knobs or sliders which can be easily broken during transit. Backlighting behind each button keeps everything easy to read in low light venues. The FP-90's LCD screen is perfect for navigating through it's advanced features and provides enough information to let you know what's going on at all times. These impressive design features led to the FP-90 winning the prestigious 'Best of the Best' award at the Red Dot design awards. A dedicated wooden stand and triple pedal unit are available for the FP-90 to maintain it's sleek appearance in your home.
Connectivity & Apps
In addition to having the sound and feel of a classic acoustic piano, the FP 90 takes advantage of modern features to make it more accessible than ever. The FP-90 uses Bluetooth technology in three different ways, with Bluetooth Audio, MIDI and page-turning all available on the piano.
The integrated Bluetooth Audio makes it easy to wirelessly stream music from your phone or tablet. This allows you to play along to your favourite tracks as the music is mixed to the speakers or connected headphones without the need for additional hardware.
Bluetooth MIDI technology enables the use of mobile apps with your piano. Roland's free Piano Partner 2 app is your starting point. Piano Partner 2 includes digital sheet music for all of the FP-90's internal songs, interactive melodic and rhythmic accompaniments, games, exercises and a practise diary to track your progress. You can even remotely control your FP-90 directly from the app.
The Bluetooth Page Turn function is available when the FP-90 is used with a triple pedal unit such as Roland's RPU-3 or KPD-90; this allows you to turn the page of your digital score on your mobile device whilst retaining the original function of the pedals.
A USB memory stick can be used to store your recorded performances directly as either a WAV or MP3 file. As well as this you can connect your FP-90 to your computer via USB allowing it to function as a controller for music production software. The FP-90 features a comprehensive I/O including balanced outputs, and a dedicated microphone input with gain control.
- Width: 1340mm
- Depth: 390mm
- Height: 136mm
- Weight: 23.6KG
- Number of Keys: 88
- Key Material: Wood and Plastic Hybrid
- Feel: Weighted with Escapement
- Touch: Roland Ebony/Ivory Feel
- Response: 100 Type Key Touch
Sound & Effects
- Sound Generator: SuperNATURAL
- Maximum Polyphony: Limitless (When Using Concert Piano, Ballad Piano, Mellow Piano, and Bright Piano Tones)
- Other Maximum Polyphony: 384
- Effects: Ambience, Modulation Speed (E Piano), Rotary Speaker Effect (Organ)
- Microphone Effects: Compressor, Doubling, Echo
- Equaliser: 3-Band
- Temperament: 10 Types
- Piano Designer: Lid, Key Off Noise, Hammer Noise, Duplex Scale, Full Scale String Resonance, Damper Resonance, Key Off Resonance, Cabinet Resonance, Soundboard Type, Damper Noise, Single Note Tuning, Single Note Volume, Single Note Character
- Piano: 15
- E. Piano: 16
- Strings: 11
- Organ: 15
- Pad: 15
- Drum Kits: 8
- SFX Kit: 1
- Other: 269
- Keyboard Modes: Whole, Dual, Split
- Master Tuning: 415.3--466.2Hz
- Bluetooth: Version 3
- MIDI Sheet Turning: Bluetooth Version 4
- Metronome Adjustments: Tempo, Beat, Downbeat, Pattern, Volume, Tone
- Transpose: Semitone Increments
- Registrations: 30
- Auto Off: Yes
- Playable Software: Standard MIDI
- Audio Files: WAV, MP3
- Recordable Software: Standard MIDI Files
- Note Storage Maximum: 70,000
- Audio File: WAV, 44.1 kHz, 16-Bit Linear Format (Requires USB Flash Memory)
- Internal Songs: 10
Optional Accessories: RPU-3, Triple Pedal Unit, KPD-90 Triple Pedal Unit, KSC-90 Wood Frame Stand..
- Power Consumption: 12W
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor
- Included Accessories: Manual, AC Adaptor, Power Cord, Music Rest, DP-10 Damper Pedal
- TRS Pedal Jacks: Damper, Sostenuto, Soft
- TRS: 1/4 Inch Jack
- Input Jacks: Miniature Type
- 1/4 Inch Output Jacks: L/Mono, R
- Mic Input Jack: 1/4 Inch Phone Type
- MIDI Connectors: In/Out
- USB Computer Port: USB B type
- USB Memory Port: USB A type