View Full Description
49-Note Performance Keytar
The Roland AX-Edge Keytar, Black is the perfect performance synth, with 49 full-sized keys providing fluid playability. It features a specially-crafted sound library designed specifically for keytarists. Unlike a traditional synth, the keytar allows you to use your synth in the same way you would a guitar. The integrated performance controls on the neck of the instrument provide added flare.
The AX-Edge is also highly portable, featuring a built-in rechargeable battery. It provides up to 4 hours of operation, ensuring it will last until the finish line during your performance. The keytar includes a wide range of premium-grade effects for added versatility. This allows you to take the preset sounds to the next level, adding your own spin. The effects range from high-quality reverbs to compressors and EQ.
Versatile Sound Library
Using Roland’s latest technology, the AX-Edge provides you with a wide range of studio-grade sounds. The sound library includes curated sounds that have been meticulously selected with keytarists in mind. It also includes dedicated buttons for accessing your favourite sounds. The sound library spans from cutting-edge leads to classic, fat basses.
You can even customise your sounds using the AX-edge editor app. The integrated Bluetooth connectivity allows you to customise your sound set wirelessly. The keytar also features splits and layers allows you to combine different sounds and use two sounds simultaneously. The unique Tone Remain function allows you to switch between sounds without notes or effect tails being affected.
Integrated Modulation Bar, Ribbon Controller and More
In addition to the dedicated buttons for sounds, the AX-Edge includes integrated performance controls. The performance controls allow you to take your playing to the next level, providing even more ways to interact and affect sounds. The neck of the keytar featuring a modulation bar and a pitch ribbon controller, allowing you to slide the sound like an electric guitar.
The ergonomic design provides easy-to-reach controls for portamento, hold, octave switch and program change. You can even reassign the controls and functions to customise your performance style.
Incorporate Your Own Style With The Edge Blade
Solidify your stage presence with the customise Edge Blade. The customisable edge allows you to leave your imprint on the instrument, incorporating your personality and image. The AX-Edge comes complete with an extra Edge Blade in the box (gold Edge Blade), allowing you to customise the design to make it stand out more.
Portable Design, Versatile Connectivity
The lightweight and robust design makes the AX-Edge one of the most portable performance synths on the market. It features an integrated dual display system which provides visual indication of your sounds, settings and parameters. It even features an onboard arpeggiator and song player for handling backing duties.
The rear of the synth features an integrated jack for headphones and microphones. It also features a jack for incorporating pedals for added expression. MIDI I/O connectivity as well as a USB compute port for using the keytar as a MIDI controller with your favourite DAW.
- 320 programs and over 500 preset tones for keytarists
- 79 types of part multi-effects and part EQ, 79 types of program multi-effects, chorus, reverb, master compressor, and master EQ
- 49 full-sized keys with velocity and channel aftertouch
- Up to 4 hours of battery-powered operation; can also be powered via AC adaptor (*Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries only)
- Tone Remain function switches sounds seamlessly without unnatural sound cutoff
- Ribbon controller, modulation bar, and assignable controls for expressive performance
- Bluetooth MIDI and editor app for wireless sound customization
- Lightweight, sleek design
- Available in black and white models with removable Edge Blade for custom look
- One extra Edge Blade included to complement your AX-Edge model
- Audio file playback via external USB memory
- Master MIDI controller functionality for remote operation of sound modules, plug-ins, and more
- Dual display system optimized for live performance
- Optional ST-AX2 stand (not included) provides stable support when the instrument is not in use
- Keyboard: 49 keys (with velocity and channel aftertouch)
- Sound Generator: Synth-EX
- Maximum Polyphony: 256 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Parts: 4 parts + Vocoder part
- User Program: 320
- Preset Tone: Over 500
- User Tone: 256
- Part Multi-effects: 79 types
- Part EQ
- Program Multi-effects (IFX): 79 types
- Chorus: 8 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- Ribbon Controller
- Modulation Bar
- Assignable Control knob
- Master Volume knob
- Assignable buttons x 7
- Bluetooth: MIDI: Bluetooth Ver. 4.1 (Bluetooth LE)
- Display: 16 characters 2 line LCD
- External Storage Device: USB flash drive
- PHONES jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- MIC INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- PEDAL jack
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB MEMORY port
- USB COMPUTER port (supports USB MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 1,252 mm x 291 mm x 85 mm
- Weight: 4.2kg