View Full Description
Boasting a compact and lightweight design and 88 keys, the SP4-8's enclosure is easy to transport and doesn't take up bulky space.
Accessible User Interface
The Kurzweil SP4-8's user interface provides great features. Make splits and layers with the touch of a button (up to 4 zones); Use easily accessible category and program buttons to select presets and setups; speedily adjust effects parameters.
Explore the Various Sounds
The SP4-8 features 128 hand-picked programs, which have been plucked directly from Kurzweil's acclaimed PC3 line. Play Kurzweil's famous Triple Strike Grand Piano or have fun with classic electric pianos, lush strings and orchestral instruments. You can even try out basses, guitars, winds, brass, percussion and drums. There are even signature KB3 organs, with all KB3 parameters accessible via external MIDI control. The SP4 can also load programs made on Kurzweil's PC3 and PC3LE series keyboards*. If you want additional sounds, you can go onto Kurzweil's website. Thanks to its 16-part multitimbral architecture, the SP4 becomes a powerful tool for writing and recording music in conjunction with an external sequencer or Desktop Audio Workstation.
(*within the limits of the SP4's DSP resources)
The SP4-8 also boasts dozens of the PC3's professional quality effect chains. So you can create concert hall reverbs, provide crisp delays, even add powerful distortion and amp simulation effects. You can find the most relevant effects parameters mapped to the SP's Timbre knob, meaning you can customise your sound without delving into the menus or manuals.
- Keyboard: 88-note, hammer-weighted action with velocity sensitive adjustable keys (Fatar TP100))
- Display: 16 character LCD w/ front-panel contrast adjust
- Polyphony: 64 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Factory MIDI Setups: 64
- User MIDI Setups: 64 (with 4 programmable zones for splits and layers)
Functions and Effects
- Quick Split/Layer: Easy access with adjustable relative volume (up to 4 zones)
- Factory Presets: 128 (taken from the acclaimed PC3 sound set, including select KB3 organs and KVA synths)
- User Presets: 64
- Effects: Dozens of complex effect chains taken from the PC3, with everything from concert hall reverbs to amplifier simulations and rotary effects
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 1 front panel knob, 1 switch-pedal input (supports optional, dual-pedal), 1 continuous control pedal input
Inputs and Outputs
- Analog Outputs: Two 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Headphones: 1 rear panel 1/4" headphone output
- MIDI: In, Out
- USB: Complete MIDI functionality over USB, User program/setup file transfer to/from PC/Mac, Operating System updates from PC/Mac
- Power: External 15VDC 1.0A power supply
- Height: 5.5" (13.97 cm)
- Depth: 13" (33.02 cm)
- Length: 55.13" (140.02 cm)
- FREE OS Updates: OS updates over USB
- FREE Sounds: The SP4 can also load programs created on our PC3 and PC3LE series keyboards (*within the limits of the SP4's DSP resources). Additional sounds are also available for download on our website (loaded over USB)
Standard Courier Delivery
When you add this product to your shopping basket, you will be provided with our standard courier delivery option. This will deliver the piano to the ground floor of your house or building. Please note that if there is not a ground floor entrance we may not be able to deliver there. You may also need to help the delivery driver as this product comes packaged in large boxes.
This may not be suitable if you are unable to help the driver if required, or if you need the piano delivering upstairs. Please consider whether this is the most appropriate delivery service for you, as other delivery options are available at an additional cost.
Delivery and Installation Service
This service can be arranged on an ad-hoc basis via a specialist piano delivery company. Delivery times cannot be guaranteed until we have made arrangements with the delivery company. If you would prefer a delivery and installation service, please contact our sales team on 0330 365 4444 who will be happy to set up a quotation for you and provide you with more information on this service.