View Full Description
Elegant New Design
The Korg microKORG S features a new elegant design, retaining all the functionality of the original microKORG with an updated design. The microKORG S features new built-in speakers plus an elegant white finish with maple wood on the side panels. The original functionality is retained, giving you 2 oscillators with a wide range of controls and waveshapes to play with, to achieve the sound you want. Oscillator 1 features 71 waveforms in total, ranging from analog waves like Saw, Pulse, Sine and Noise plus more innovative choices such as Vox Wave and Cross Wave. Additionally there are 62 exclusive DWGS waveforms from Korg’s classic DW-8000, giving you the ability to reproduce a broad range of classic sounds. This enables you to create everything from electric pianos and guitars to bells, percs and more. You can also apply Ring and Sync modulation from the second oscillator to create complex timbres and waveforms for more intricate sounds.
The microKORG S features an 8-band vocoder, combining vintage sound and functionality with modern innovations. The vocoder lets you use your voice as an instrument, controlling your pitch and sounds in real-time utilising everything from single notes to chord progressions. You can capture and freeze the formants of your voice and play it across the keyboard, or shift the formant frequency to change the character of your voice. Changing the format frequency allows you change your voice in drastic ways, emulating the sound of males, females, children or even alien-like voices. Best of all, the microKORG S comes complete with its own microphone so you can use the vocoder straight away.
Built-In 2+1 Speaker System
One of the most prominent new additions to the microKORG S, is the integrated 2+1 speaker system. Korg have carefully constructed a speaker system consisting of dual stereo speaker with clear imaging plus a built-in woofer that delivers an impressive low-end response. The new design features a new box structure in the chassis, delivering a rich sense of volume that far exceeds the size of the speakers. The addition of the built-in speakers means you can perform and play anywhere you like, without the need for external speakers or headphones.
New Programs and Extended Memory
The microKORG S features an increased memory capacity, giving you more space to store you own creations as well as a range of new presets. Korg have added 64 power preset programs featuring everything from electric pianos to punchy leads, keeping at the forefront on the changing music scene. 64 additional slots are allocated for user programs, so you can save a whole range of original sounds without having to overwrite the preesets. You can also tweak preset programs to create your own version, encouraging sound design in the more novice user.
Favourite Select Function
The new ‘Favoruite Select’ functions allows you to assign up to eight of your favourite programs, allowing you to instantly recall the sound you need. This is highly convenient when it comes to live performances as it gives you the means to instantly access your favourite programs without having to wade through them manually.
Full Range Of microKORG Effects
Three types of modulation effects (chorus/flanger, phaser, ensemble), three types of delay effects (stereo, cross, L/R), and a two-band equalizer add the finishing touch to the microKORG. The delays can be synchronized with the arpeggiator or to an external MIDI clock a great feature for live performances or for laying down tracks. All effects can be edited to create your own, unique sounds.
- Built-in 2+1 speaker system ensures a rich and full sound at any volume
- Increased memory, new programs and additional user programs
- Favourite Select function allows you to recall your favourite programs instantly
- Elegant new design retains the spirit of the original
- All of the functionality of the original microKORG, plus so much more
- Full range of microKORG effects
- Multi Timbres: 2 (max, Split/Dual Mode)
- Maximum Polyphony: 4 voices
- 2 Oscillator + Noise Generator
- Multi Mode Filter (-24dB/oct LPF, -12dB/oct LPF/BPF/HPF)
- EG ×2
- LFO ×2
- Virtual Patch x4
- Maximum Polyphony: 4 voices
- 1 Oscillator + Noise Generator
- EG ×1
- LFO ×2
- 8 Channels vocoder
- Level and pan of each channel can be edited
- Formant Shift function
- Total: 256 programs (192 Presets / 64 Users)
- Favourite Programs: Up to eight favorite programs can be registered
- Modulation Effects: Flanger / chorus, phaser, ensemble (3 types)
- Delay: stereo, cross, L/R (3 types)
- Other: Equalizer
- Appregiator: 6 types (UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger), Step Arpeggiator function
- Controls: Real-Time control knob x5, Arpeggiator ON/OFF
- Keyboards: 37-keys (mini-keyboard, velocity sensitive)
- Inputs: AUDIO IN 1 CONDENSER (with MIC/LINE switch, +5V, mini phone jack // AUDIO IN 1 DYNAMIC (with MIC/LINE switch, 1/4” phone jack) // AUDIO IN 2 LINE (1/4” phone jack)
- Outputs: L/MONO, R (1/4” phone jacks) // Headphones (1/4” stereo phone jack)
- MIDI: IN, OUT, THRU
- Amp Output/Speaker: 3 W / 4 cm x 1, 0.5 W / 3.5 cm x 2
- Display: 3 characters x1 line with 8 segment LED
- Power Supply: DC 9V (AC adapter), or six AA alkaline batteries (sold separately)
- Battery Life: Approximately 4 hours or more (when using alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 524 x 232 x 70 mm / 20.63" x 9.13" x 2.76"
- Weight: 2.5 kg / 5.51 lbs. (without batteries and included microphone)
- Included Items: AC adapter (DC 9V), Condenser Microphone