View Full Description
Italian-Made Grand Piano
The Kronos SE is a special edition of the now classic Korg Kronos keyboard workstation. The SE version builds on the success of the original, including brand new features exclusive to this edition.
One of the most prominent new features is the Italian-made grand piano. Debuted at the Korg Grandstage, this meticulously sampled Italian grand piano captures the presence and detailed resonance of the original with incredible realism. The Italian grand piano has received increased attention and praise from the jazz and classical music world. A full concert grand piano that was used in international competitions has been adjusted, especially for the Kronos SE.
KAPro Showcase Collection
Building on the original Kronos sound library, the SE features the KApro showcase collection. Including some of the best sounds from the KAPro, the collection was developed using more than 100 titles of Korg sound libraries.
The showcase features sounds taken from Kurt Ader Productions, established by renowned sound design and founder Kurt Ader. The specialised collection features beautiful sounding organic instruments ranging from emotive orchestral strings, brass, woodwind, choir and phrases.
Special Edition Red Gradation Finish
This special edition features its own eye-catching finish. The red gradiant-style finish is not only striking to the eye, but it sets it apart from other keyboards and the original Kronos. The beautiful paint job combined with the exclusive features will make the Kronos SE stand out from the crowd, from stage to studio.
SGX-2 Grand Piano Sound Engine
The Kronos SE incorporates a new generation in grand piano sound engine providing huge collections of non-looped/natural decay stereo samples with additional unique customisation tools as before but with even more power. The SGX-2 Grand Piano Sound Engine also provides an additional tone called the Berlin Grand that offers a resonant and deep grand piano tone whilst other additional features include advanced sympathetic string resonance capabilities and Una Corda samples.
At the heart of the Kronos SE is the huge 8-inch (800 x 600 pixel) SVGA colour TouchView display that is the control hub of the workstation. Not only does the TouchView screen provide the ability to select sounds and adjust parameters but with the addition of the innovative Touch-Drag technology you can make precise and detailed adjustments to parameters and other settings controlled within the TouchView such as connecting virtual patch cables on synthesizers and search and preview sounds from the menu.
Pristine Sound Engines
All nine engines share the same hardware, with no separate cards to manage or polyphony barriers between them. Kronos SE dynamically allocates power between the engines as you play, automatically and in real time, providing an integrated experience no PC can match. In addition, Kronos SE smoothly functions as a plug-in with many popular DAWs, providing your studio with native, unprecedented sonic power.
There is support for connecting USB MIDI class-compliant controllers directly to the Kronos SE. Korg USB MIDI controllers with pads - including the nanoPAD, nanoPAD2 and padKONTROL - are automatically mapped to the Kronos chord pads, for playing and programming drums, triggering chords, and selecting and assigning chords for Chord Mode.
- Special edition version of the now classic Korg Kronos keyboard music workstation
- New Italian-made grand piano, debuted at the Korg Grandstage
- Natural touch, semi-weighted keybed for fluid playability
- Come pre-installed with KApro Showcase collection, featuring selected sounds from the same designed that brought your more than 100 of the Kronos Sound Libraries
- Unique red gradient finish, exclusive to this special edition
- Enhanced SGX-2 Grand Piano Engine including the renowned Berlin Grand
- Nine distinct sound engines
- 16-track audio recording / 16-track MIDI sequencing
- 16 onboard effects processors
- USB/MIDI host ports accommodate MIDI control surfaces
- Smooth sound transitions
- Dual joysticks (X-Y Vector)
- Ribbon controller
- Eight rotary knobs
- Nine sliders
- 16 illuminated buttons
- Innovative set list mode with many new updates
- Colour touch view display with touch-drag capability
- Display: TouchView Graphical User Interface, 8 Inch Colour, Adjustable Brightness
- Analog Inputs: 2 x 1/4" TRS Balanced
- Digital Inputs: S/P DIF, USB
- Analog Outputs: Main (L/R) 1/4" TRS Balanced, Individual 1-4 1/4" TRS Balanced, Headphones 1/4" Jack
- Digital Outputs: S/P DIF, USB
- Control Inputs: Damper Pedal (Half Damper Supported), Assignable Switches, Assignable Pedal
- Midi: In, Out, Thru
- USB (A): 2 x USB (For External USB Device Connection)
- USB (B): 1 x USB (Midi/Audio Interface)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 22kHz
- S/N: 95dB (Typical)
- Dynamic Range: 95dB (Typical)
- Crosstalk: 95dB at 1kHz
- Disk Drives: 62 GB SSD (2.5")
- Power Consumption: 60W
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 40.94" / 1,040mm x 14.33" / 364mm x 5.28" / 134mm
- Weight: 14.3 Kg