View Full Description
TwinDrive soundboard speaker
What separates the CA99 from similarly priced pianos is the TwinDrive soundboard speaker system. This unique technology embraces the harmonics qualities of wood by using transducers to channel the sound energy on the large soundboard. This powerful system features dedicated low and mid-range transducers that are designed by Onkyo for exceptional sound fidelity. For more realistic frequency resonance, the bass transducer has been positioned at the bottom of the cabinet. These transducers are placed behind a solid wooden cabinet to project the natural reverb and frequency balance of an acoustic piano.
Unlike previous models of the CA series, the CA99 features new speaker diffuser panels. These panels spread the sound to produce a more immersive listening experience. It doesn't matter where you're sat in the room, the CA99 always provides a natural 360 performance.
Kawai's collaboration with audio company Onkyo ensures the CA99 has impressive tonal depth. The 1-bit DSD processing improves power efficiency for decreased distortion. The CA99 benefits from Onkyo’s premium dual DACs, which have a stereo sound effect and respond with precision to your playing. The DIDRC filter technology removes the unnecessary high frequencies and static noise that digital instruments produce at loud volumes, resulting in a more natural sound. The power amplifiers capably handle any level of sound, as well as being energy efficient for reduced background noise. Onkyo and Kawai’s collaboration results in an authentic, natural piano sound.
Integrated app technology
The new PianoRemote app from Kawai puts you in control of the piano. By taking advantage of Kawai's redesigned communication standard in the CA99 and CA79, you can now control every aspect of the piano on your phone. The modern and intuitive interface connects to your piano via Bluetooth MIDI and provides an effortless way to adjust settings, change sounds, or enjoy the large amount of built-in music, all from the comfort of an armchair.
SK-EX sound engine
The CA99 has a sound engine that faithfully recreates the tone of an acoustic piano and features samples from the flagship SK-EX. The piano is sampled from multiple sections of its cabinet for a more organic, accurate tone with calculated resonance modelling creating realistic reverb, dampness and cabinet sound. The range of piano sounds provides options for all musical styles.
Personalise your tone
Built into the CA99 is a 5'' LCD touchscreen display to access a range of functions to enhance your enjoyment of your digital piano. In Pianist mode, you can adjust the rendering characteristics of the piano to change the tonal qualities and also the resonance depth for even more control. The Virtual Technician allows various characteristics of the sounds to be adjusted from the key volume, damper noise, and touch curve, for example. Kawai's multi-instrument sound engine includes electric and acoustic pianos, organs, and strings, to name a few. Sounds can also be layered and split for a standard split function or 4 hands.
Recording, Hi-Fi, and Bluetooth
The Kawai CA99 has a host of modern functions to expand its potential. Connect an iOS or Android device and stream audio to your piano for a home audio experience like no other. Use apps to play along, learn, or compose. Record with Bluetooth MIDI to perform, playback, and improve your own compositions.
Introducing PiaBookPlayer - Kawai's brand new app
Do you often look at a piece of music and wonder how it should sound? With Kawai's brand new PiaBookPlayer app, you can now instantly find out! This brand new app enables you to view the notated scores of the lesson songs and practise pieces built into your digital piano, so now you can listen to them playing with meticulous detail via the Shigeru grand piano sound.
By taking advantage of the wireless Bluetooth MIDI feature built into this piano, you can now listen to your favourite classical piano music from the comfort of your armchair. Want to use the PiaBookPlayer app instead of sheet music? With the app, you can use the piano's soft or sostenuto pedals for hands-free page-turning.
To unlock all of the PiaBookPiano features, make sure you've got the latest software update on your Kawai piano. Head over to the App Store or Play Store to connect your smart device to your piano.
Kawai 5 year European warranty
As an expression of the confidence Kawai have in the design and manufacturing of their instruments, they offer a 5-year warranty for parts and labour with all their digital pianos. Within the first two years, which is covered by Gear4music, simply contact our Customer Services team on 0330 365 444 and we will organise the repair/replacement, subject to issue. Kawai will honour any manufacturing defects after this two year period subject to completing the warranty information which will be enclosed with your piano and Kawai will organise the repair/replacement as deemed necessary.
- Type: Grand Feel III (GFIII) action with Let-Off, Triple Sensor, and Counterweights
- Keys: 88 wooden keys with Ivory and Ebony Touch key surfaces
- SK-EX Rendering: 88-key multi-channel piano sampling, 88-key resonance modelling
- Harmonic Imaging XL: 88-key piano sampling
- SK-EX Rendering: SK-EX Concert Grand (10 rendering characters)
- Harmonic Imaging XL: 90 sounds
- Modes:Dual, Split, 4Hands (Volume/Balance adjustable)
- Polyphony: max. 256 notes (depending on selected sound)
- SK-EX Rendering: Ambience (10 types)
- Harmonic Imaging XL: Reverb (6 types), Effects (24 types)
(Chorus x 3, Delay x 3, Tremolo x 3, Auto pan x 2, Phaser x 2, Rotary x 6, Combination x 5)
- Internal Recorder: 10 song, 2 track recorder (approximately 90,000 note memory capacity)
- USB Recorder: Playback MP3, WAV, SMF, KSO (internal song file)
- Record: MP3, WAV, Overdub audio, Save as SMF/KSO, Line In & Bluetooth Audio Recording
- Demo Songs: 39 songs
- Music: 205 or 218 songs
- Lesson Songs: 578 Songs from Alfred, Burgmüller, Czerny, Beyer, Bach, Chopin. Four lesson books plus 140 Finger Exercises
- Transpose: Key Transpose: -12 +12 semi-tones, Song Transpose: -12 +12 semi-tones
Other Settings & Functions
- Speaker / Headphone: Tone Control, Low Volume Balance, Speaker Volume, Spatial Headphone Sound, Headphone Type, Headphone Volume, Line In Volume
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth MIDI, Bluetooth MIDI Device Name, Bluetooth Audio, Bluetooth Audio Volume
- USB Memory: Load/Save Data, Rename File, Delete File, Format USB
- MIDI: MIDI Channel, Local On/Off, Transmit Program Change, Multi-timbral Mode, Channel Mute
- User Data: Reset Sounds (Favorite/Recent/User), Reset Music (Favorite/Recent/Recorder), Factory Reset
- System: LCD Brightness, Display Scale, Auto Display Off, Auto Power Off, Startup Screen, Startup Settings, Language, Information
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth (Ver. 4.1; GATT compatible),
Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant, Bluetooth Audio
- Audio: LINE IN (1/8" STEREO), LINE IN Level, LINE OUT (1/4" L/MONO, R), Headphones x 2 (1/4", 1/8")
- MIDI / USB: MIDI (IN/OUT), USB to Host, USB to Device, USB for Update
- Display: 5” LCD touchscreen (480 x 800 pixels)
- Pedals: Grand Feel Pedal System, Damper (with half-pedal support), Soft (with half-pedal support), Sostenuto
- Speakers: Soundboard Speaker System, 8 cm x 4 (top speakers, with diffuser), 2 cm x 2 (dome tweeters)
- Output Power: 135 W (45 W x 3)
- Power Consumption: 55 W
- Cabinet: Upright piano type (with Soft Fall system)
- Music Rest: Upright piano type (fixed position)
- Dimensions: 1445 (W) x 470 (D) x 1010 (H) mm / 57" (W) x 18 1/2" (D) x 39 2/3" (H)
- Weight: 83.0 kg/183 lbs.
Standard Courier Delivery
When you add this product to your shopping basket, you will be provided with our standard courier delivery option. This will deliver the piano to the ground floor of your house or building. Please note that if there is not a ground floor entrance we may not be able to deliver there. You may also need to help the delivery driver as this product comes packaged in large boxes.
This may not be suitable if you are unable to help the driver if required, or if you need the piano delivering upstairs. Please consider whether this is the most appropriate delivery service for you, as other delivery options are available at an additional cost.
Delivery and Installation Service
This service can be arranged on an ad-hoc basis via a specialist piano delivery company. Delivery times cannot be guaranteed until we have made arrangements with the delivery company. If you would prefer a delivery and installation service, please contact our sales team on 0330 365 4444 who will be happy to set up a quotation for you and provide you with more information on this service.