Haken Audio Continuum Full Size
Haken Audio Continuum Full SizeDetails
The Haken Audio Continuum Full Size is the first MIDI performance controller providing a touch sensitive keyboard pad with 3 dimensional touch control. Offering 3 different directions for controlling sound, the Haken Audio Continuum allows for expressive playing. With real time performance control, the Haken Audio Continuum allows continuous control for every finger placed on the playing surface. The Continuum fingerboard allows you to pitch bend between notes, filter notes, add vibrato, and control the volume, all with ultra-fast performance response. The Continuum also allows you to set up different parameters and customise what you want at your fingertips. It also lets you control both analogue and digital synths via MIDI. The Haken Audio Continuum is the ideal musical device for expressive performance and playing.
Product Ref: 95474View Full Description
Buy on finance from £165.56 per month Finance from £165.56 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Continuum fingerboard gives a level of expression not found on usual keyboards and MIDI controllers. Featuring 3 dimensions of touch control (X, Y, Z), the Continuum fingerboard opens you up to a whole range of expressing playing. Combining pressure (for articulation), left and right movements (for pitch/vibrato), and up and down sliding (for timbre), the Haken Audio Continuum implements multidimensional polyphonic expression. The Continuum allows you to slide between notes for a glissando and vibrato effect, apply pressure for changing volume, and even slide up and down to control effects such as filters, volume, and whatever you want to customise it to. Create more natural sounding virtual instruments when playing, getting every nuance with your fingertip movements. Achieve vibrato and pitch bend with your own dynamic touch rather than using modulation wheels and rotary knobs to control effects. When playing a chord, you can control the volume of each separate note by sliding up or down the pad. Additionally, the 3 directions can be customised to different parameters such as the filter cutoff, volume, and more.
Control External Synths and Software
The Haken Audio Continuum allows you to control external synths as well as digital synths via MIDI. This enables you to expressively play your synths (if they have the capability). Connect up your synth via MIDI to take expressive control. Pressure and front-to-back can be configured for any MIDI continuous controller message. Conveniently, you can also split the playing surface into 2 zones and have 1 synth on the right side, and another on the left to create a truly unique performance.
Monophonic and Polyphonic
The Continuum allows you to play monophonically and polyphonically. This allows you to play both basses, leads and chords. When in monophonic mode, you can choose between legato, re-trigger, and portamento modes. Legato modes means that the notes after the first note don't have an attack or decay of there own. Re-trigger mode means that every note as an attack, which is ideal for playing arpeggios and percussive instruments. Additionally, you can use the portamento mode to smoothly glide between the 2 notes you’re playing. This reacts to the relative pressure and can create whammy style effects. When in polyphonic mode you have a wide range of control for modulating the notes. The fingerboard allows you to play a chord and adjust the volume or filter of each note by sliding up or down, or pitch bend a note by sliding across. The Continuum allows you to play 32 notes simultaneously for the internal sounds, and 16 notes via MIDI, allowing enough room for 2 people to play on the Continuum at once.
- 3 dimensional polyphonic playing surface
- Customise X, Y, Z movements to parameters such as filters, volume, and more
- Control analogue hardware and virtual instruments
- 32 voice polyphony
- Nearly 8 octaves (9350 cents)
- Monophonic and polyphonic modes
- Split playing surface to 2 zones (eg. different synth for each side)
- Highly optimised 16 voice MIDI data output
- Pitch resolution allows for seamless polyphonic glissandi and the ability to microtune intervals on the fly
- Ultra-fast performance response regardless of polyphony
- Configurable via surface interaction, external computer editor, or MIDI input
- Advanced communication to DSP hardware from Symbolic Sound Corporation
- Pitch processing allows for scalable and non-linear pitch mappings of the playing surface
- Innovative dual pedal support, including "dynamic" sustain, allowing for continuous depth control of sustained notes
- Mono modes which allow the user to use multiple fingers to step, re-trigger, or glide between note ranges
- Adjustable pitch bend range tailors the Continuum's response to your MIDI sound device
- Pressure and front-to-back can be configured for any MIDI continuous controller message
- Direct integration with the Continuum voltage converter (CVC) for control of analog synthesizers. Each of the CVC's 16 control voltages has a user programmable formula
- Configurable MIDI split for playing surface zone setups
- Pitch Range: Nearly 8 octaves
- Maximum Polyphony: 32 simultaneous notes for internal sounds, 16 via MIDI
- Dimensions: 1500 x 280 x 165mm
- Weight: 17kg
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 2 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 30 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 2 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.