Dreadbox Abyss 4 Voice Polyphonic Synthesizer
Dreadbox Abyss 4 Voice Polyphonic SynthesizerDetails
Product Ref: 87329View Full Description
Buy on finance from £26.68 per month Finance from £26.68 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
4-Voice Polyphonic Synthesizer
The Dreadbox Abyss 4 Voice Polyphonic Synthesizer features all-discrete analog component for capturing the warmth and grit associated with analog circuitry. The four individual voices are comprised of one oscillator and one sub oscillator per voice for ultimate control. The four global play modes include Multi for one voice per MIDI channel, Unison and all voice together. The polyphonic design allows you to play multiple notes together, allowing you to play chords and more. The built-in ‘Chord Mode’ enables you to hit a root key and have it play a chord of the four voices with a selectable rotary switch. A clever rotary knob allows you to blend between waveforms for added versatility when it comes to creating sounds.
VCO Section & Voltage Controlled Filter
The Dreadbox Abyss features a VCO section which includes detuning and vibrato modulation controls, as well as a polyphonic glide slider that will add a smooth envelope transition between notes. A modulator on the VCO also includes independent rate and depth controls for creating lo-fi sounds and more. The Voltage Controlled Filter (VCF) is borrowed from the classic Dreadbox Murmux Synthesizer featuring a 24 dB/Octave, 4 pole resonating low pass filter. The filter can also be used as a digital ADSR envelope generator, allowing you to further shape the sound of the filter. Also featured is a dedicated Voltage Controlled Amplifier with digital ADSR envelope generator, allowing you to create snappy sounds such as percussion and more. In addition, this unit also includes an OTA drive circuit knob for suturing the amplifier.
The Dreadbox Abyss also includes three dedicated effects stages. Two independent LFOs can be assigned to any of the time-based effects with both independent rate and 4 x LFO waveforms to choose from. The Abyss features a 1024 BBD reflect effect, designed for chorus/phaser and flanger type effects, ideal for adding a new dynamic to your sounds. A lo-fi delay effects is also included, borrowed from the Dreadbox Erebus synthesizer as well as a four-stage analog phase shifter. The OTA Drive circuity and four modulation wheel choices provide added modulation for changing depth, rate and more. For added convenience, the effects can all be controlled via CV, perfect for using the Abyss for music production.
Design & Connectivity
The compact yet robust design of the Dreadbox Abyss Synthesizer makes it ideal for live and studio use. Its aluminium case and highly durable design makes it a synthesizer that is built to stand the test of time. With its all-discrete analog design and white noise generator, the Dreadbox Abyss gives you an unprecedented amount of control when it comes to creating your own sounds. The rear of the Abyss features MIDI through and In connections as well as CV inputs for Phaser, Delay, Reflect and Cutoff for optimal control. Also included are Main Out, Dry Out and Signal In inputs. The OTA Drive circuity and four modulation wheel choices provide added modulation for changing depth, rate and more.
- 4 Voice Analog Synthesizer
- All Analog Discrete Components
- 4 playing modes including Unison, Polyphony, Chords (+ user chords) and multi-channel (multitimbral over selected controls)
- 1 VCO + 1 Sub Oscillator per Voice
- White Noise Generator
- Independent Wave shaping Modulator
- Polyphonic Glide function
- 4 independent LFOs (1 for each voice) to control Vibrato
- Variable Speed Depth and Delay
- Vibratos and Glide can be set out of phase via the Detune (Vibrato) control
- VCO autotune function
- 24 dB/oct 4-pole Resonating Low Pass Filter (based on the Murmux series)
- Dedicated ADSR Envelope Generator to the Filter
- Velocity sensitivity over the EG Attack Rate or the EG Level
- Dedicated ADSR Envelope Generator to the VCA
- OTA Drive circuit
- Reflector: 1024 BBD Delay for Chorus/Flanger or Static Flangers
- Hybrid Delay Circuit as found on the Erebus
- 4-stage Analog Phase Shifter
- 2 Analog LFOs with 4 waves each to control the Filter, Reflector, Delay, Phaser
- 4 Modulation Wheel Choices
- Fine Tune Control
- CV Control over Filter, Phaser, Delay and Reflector
- Dry output (without effects)
- Signal Input ( at the effect stage)
- Midi In / Midi Through
- Aluminium Case
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.