Dave Smith Instruments Prophet Rev2 16 Voice Analog Poly Synth
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet Rev2 16 Voice Analog Poly SynthDetails
The Dave Smith Instruments Prophet Rev2 is also available in an 8-Voice version.
Product Ref: 85439View Full Description
Buy on finance from £50.77 per month Finance from £50.77 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Dave Smith Instruments Prophet Rev2 16-Voice Poly Synth features a range of new enhancements and upgrades, with the most prominent being the introduction of polyphony to this, already renowned synthesizer. The bi-timbral operation features allows you to operating allows you to stack or split two independent sounds, giving you the ability to layer together sounds or assign two separate zones to the keyboard. Another prominent new feature is waveshape modulation. This allows you to vary the pulse width of any of the four waveforms by dialing in the desired waveshape width or by using an LFO or other modulation source for a consistently moving timbre. The effects section has also been expanded with twice as many features as the original.
The Dave Smith Instruments Prophet Rev2 Analog Poly Synth now includes a premium-quality, five-octave, semi-weighted keybed designed for improved fluidity when playing. The semi-weighted keyboard acts emulates the feel of a real piano, providing velocity-sensitive keys that provide a new dynamic to your playing style. Other improvements include the integrated power supply as well as USB support and the crisp OLED display that provides visual feedback for all your controls and parameters.
Dedicated Effects Section
The effects section of the Dave Smith Instruments Prophet Rev2 has been expanded with a range of new features. The effects section includes Reverb, Delays (standard and BBD), chorus, phase shifter, ring modulation as well as distortion. When the Rev2 Synth is in split or stacked voice mode, you can apply a different effect to each layer for added versatility. The parameters of the effects can be modulation through the mod matrix, which is twice as expansive as the original Prophet, with 8 slots and many more sources/destinations.
At the heart of the Dave Smith Instruments Prophet Rev2 Analog Synth is the two DCO’s as well as a sub-octave generator on oscillator 1 per voice. 4 waveshapes are also included as well as a 2/4 pole low-pass, resonant Curtis filter on each voice. The Curtis filters are the exact same filters used in the original Prophet ’08 as well as many classic vintage instruments. The new polyphonic step sequencer provides up to 64 steps and 6 notes per step, giving you comprehensive control over sequences, rhythms and patterns you can create. A different sequence can be created for each layer when working in stacked or split voice mode for added versatility. This allows you to create up to 4 different 16-step sequences. You can also rest during sequences and sync them to an external MIDI clock. The built-in arpeggiator features note repeat, re-latching and again it can be synced via a external MIDI clock.
- 16-voice analog synthesizer
- Wide range of enhancements including introduction of polyphony
- 4 waveshapes
- 2/4 pole low-pass, resonant Curtis filter per voice
- Waveshape modulation
- Built-in effects section
- Semi-weighted, five-octave keybed with velocity and channel aftertouch
- Integrated power supply
- USB Support
- Crisp OLED display
- New polyphonic step sequencer allows up to 64 steps with 6 notes per step
- Separate gated sequencer
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice (plus sub octave on oscillator 1) with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- White noise generator
- Analog VCAs
- Hard sync
- 1 analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode)
- 3 envelope generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop
- Polyphonic step sequencer with up to 64 steps (6 notes per step), and ties and rests. Separate 16 x 4 gated step sequencer. Each layer can have a separate sequence
- 4 LFO’s with key sync per LFO
- 8-slot modulation matrix
- Programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Selectable note value: 16th note, 8th note triplet, 8th note, dotted 8th note, quarter note
- One, two, or three octave range
- Re-latching arpeggiation
- Note repeat
- 5-octave keyboard with semi-weighted action, velocity, and aftertouch
- 52 knobs and 20 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel
- 512 Factory Programs (4 banks of 128) and 512 fully editable User Programs with 2 layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program
- MIDI In, Out, Thru
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4″ unbalanced
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4″ unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
- Headphone output: 1/4″ stereo phone jack
- IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100 and 240 volts at 50 to 60 Hz; 30 watts maximum power consumption
- Oiled African mahogany wood end panels
- Dimensions: 12.70″ (32.26 cm) W x 35.12″ (89.20 cm) L x 3.80″ (9.65 cm) H (2.30″ at front edge; the feet account for 0.25″ of the total height)
- Weight: 20.5 lbs. (9.3 kg)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.