View Full Description
Bringing the 101 into the modern era
The Behringer MS-101-RD is a faithful recreation of a classic 101-style design. The 101 revolutionised the sound of the dance scene, becoming a keystone within electronic music production. Behringer have stayed true to the original, incorporating everything that made the original so sought after.
The MS-101-RD employs a pure analog signal path featuring the same 3340 VCO found in the original design. Paying homage to the original iconic synth, the MS-101 features 4 mixable waveforms as well as integrated VCF and VCA filters for classic analog warmth and grit. Behringer have included a range of enhancements and new features to bring this vintage synth in the modern era.
As well as the original 3340 VCO, the MS-101-RD includes an integrated noise generator, as well as a pulse wave that can be modulated via the LFO or envelope. Also included is versatile USB/MIDI connectivity so you can use the synth with your favourite DAW, or connect it to external gear such as keyboards or sequencers.
Versatile 3340 voltage controlled oscillator
Taken from the original 101-style design, the MS-101-RD's 3340 voltage-controlled oscillator provides expansive sound design capabilities. It provides you with four simultaneously-mixable waveforms, so you can create a wide range of tones.
The waveforms are comprised of: Saw, triangle, square/PWM and octave-divided square sub-oscillator. The oscillator can be adjusted across a four-octave range. The wide range of modulation options and simple to use controls allows you to sculpt your sound with ease.
At the core of the MS-101-RD is a highly versatile Voltage Control Filter, complete with faders for controlling various parameters. The VCF is perfect for sculpting your tones, allowing you to get hands-on with your modulation options. Faders are included for controlling the Cutoff Frequency, Resonance, Envelope, Modulation Depth and Keyboard follow.
Onboard sequencer and arpeggiator
Create rhythms and melodic patterns on the fly. The integrated sequencer provides you with up to 32 steps for recording sequences. The synth features built-in memory for storing up to 64 patterns, allowing you to recall them during live performances or for later use. Eight banks are available, each holding up to eight patterns each.
The arpeggiator is perfect for creating new ideas from existing sounds. It features eight unique patterns which can be triggered by simply playing a chord. The arpeggiator will then sequence your notes through your selected pattern.
Included strap turns your synth into a keytar
Take centrestage with your keytar. The Behringer MS-101-RD Analog Synthesizer comes complete with a dedicated guitar strap and handgrip, turning the MS-101 into a fully fledged keytar. The guitar straps attaches directly to the side of the synth, perfect for live performances. The handgrip includes both a pitch bend wheels and a pitch modulation trigger built-in. This allows you to make dynamic changes during a performance, acting as a way to humanise your sound.
- Amazing monophonic synthesizer with authentic 3340 analog oscillator for insanely fat music creation
- 32 semi-weighted full-size keys for great playability
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs to recreate the classic sound performance
- Oscillator with 4 simultaneously-mixable waveforms: saw, triangle, square/pwm and octave-divided square sub-oscillator
- Resonant VCF can be modulated with ADSR, LFO, keyboard tracking and bender controller
- 6 FM sources allow for creative VCF modulation and unheard of filter effects
- ADSR envelope generator for incredible wave shaping
- Easy-to-use 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Attachable handgrip included with pitch bend wheel and pitch modulation trigger
- Guitar strap included for live jamming on stage
- Bender assignable to VCO, VCF and pitch mod wheel on attachable handgrip
- Noise generator can be used as modulation source for distortion-like effects
- Incredible portamento function for fantastic sound effects
- Pulse wave can be modulated by LFO, envelope and manually
- 57 sliders and switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer
- 3-Year Warranty Manufacturer Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.