View Full Description
All in one controller
The Akai MPK249 is a performance pad and keyboard controller that combines software integration, enhanced workflow and core technologies from the iconic MPCs. It comes fully loaded with a comprehensive interface for manipulating virtual instruments, effects plugins, DAWs and more.
The controller puts 49 semi weighted keys with aftertouch, 8 assignable knobs, faders and switches, 16 MPC style pads with RGB feedback and onboard transport buttons at your fingertips. Three banks expand the number of knobs, faders and switches (up to 24 each) and four pad banks expand the pads (up to 64 total). Plus, the Akai MPK249 is optimised to interface directly with your Mac and PC using USB power plug and play connectivity.
Perform and record
The Aki MPK249 has a premium piano style keyboard with 49 semi weighted keys for excellent, natural response and feel. The velocity sensitive keys are fitted with aftertouch for dynamic recordings and expressive performances. Onboard Up and Down controls allow players to access the entire melodic range, play bass lines, piano harmony, solo leads and more.
Classic MPC Swing, MPC Note Repeat, MPC Full Level, and 16 Levels are all onboard for further inspiration. With MPK249, musicians and composers can incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their productions and create with the tools that producers have relied on for years: MPC Swing lets MPK249 users obtain that tight, organic groove that made Akai Pros groundbreaking MPC music-making machines so legendary. MPC Note Repeat and 16 Levels make it easy to build beats and construct short melodic sequences using the MPC-style pads. In addition, an arpeggiator, with adjustable resolution, range, and patterns, enables users to explore complex melodic ideas, effortlessly.
The Akai MPK249 comes complete with Ableton Live Lite and MPC Essentials for out of the box music creation. Ableton Live Lite is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that enables musicians and producers to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas. MPC Essentials, a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software, can integrate directly into any DAW, such as Ableton Live Lite, or run standalone. In addition, it extends the power of MPK249 by adding up to 8 pad banks and 4 samples and inserts effects per pad.
Free MPC Beats Software
Bring the iconic MPC work format and sounds to your computer, for free! Included with this controller, is the new MPC Beats software. With MPC Beats, you’ll find the iconic layout of the 4x4 drum sample grid, sample library browser, which is filled with 2GB of samples from the MPC Expansion packages. Sounds that defined a genre with the original MPC series. MPC Beats can be used as standalone software or a plugin for your DAW, and with a variety of Beat Templates, and a multitude of effects and processors, you can start producing immediately.
- 49 semi-weighted, full-size keys
- 16 MPC pads with RGB illuminated feedback
- 8 assignable control knobs
- 8 assignable faders Updated control layout with backlit LCD screen
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Comprehensive transport & parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- Pitch bend, modulation and octave controls for dynamic performances
- Expression & sustain pedal jack inputs
- Comprehensive production software package included: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist 2.0 & Akai Pro MPC Essentials
- Number of Keys: 49 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- Pads: 16 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 4 banks
- Q-Link Controls: 8 control knobs, 8 faders, and 8 backlit switches
- Computer Interface: USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, MPC Full Level, 16 Levels, Tap Tempo, and Time Division
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input and (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- Power: USB power; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 29" x 12.25" x 3.38"
- Weight: 12.6 lbs
- Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- Windows: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended
- Available USB Port