Z.Vex Vextron Distortron Guitar Pedal
Z.Vex Vextron Distortron Guitar PedalDetails
The Z.Vex Distortron is very like the Z.Vex "Box of Rock". It is highly specialized to simulate the "everything on 10" sound of a classic Marshall JTM45 non-master-volume amplifier. You can also use the Distortron efficiently with many different amplifiers. You can use your guitar's volume control to adjust for the exact amount of distortion you need, all the way down to very clean and clear with most drive settings when the gain switch is set to "Lo."
Product Ref: 24346View Full Description
Buy on finance from £3.64 per month Finance from £3.64 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £50 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36, 24 or 12 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £50:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|48 months||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £1.41Final Payment: £1.41No settlement fee||£67.68|
|36 months||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £1.78Final Payment: £1.78No settlement fee||£64.08|
|24 months||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £2.57Final Payment: £2.57No settlement fee||£61.68|
|12 months||18.9%||No Deposit||12 months: £4.69Final Payment: £4.69No settlement fee||£56.28|
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £50 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Klarna Finance on the payment page, then click the orange PLACE ORDER USING FINANCE button. This will start your application with Klarna Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases Klarna may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Plug your guitar (or any effect's output) into the right hand input jack. Plug the output into an amp or other effect's input. Rock out. Set the subs switch so there's just enough low-end for your amp. Try turning up the gain all the way but leave the gain switch on Lo. This is the maximum gain where you can still turn down your guitar and get a completely clean tone if you need it. With the Gain switch on Hi you can get more singing sustain with feedback at moderate amp volume. Try using your rhythm pickup with the tone control turned all the way down for a vintage bluesy howling lead sound.
It's recommended that the Distortron be the last last in your pedal chain, just before the amp. Set the amp for your favorite clean tone, set the Distortron for your favorite distortion tone. Should you be using it conjunction with a booster pedal then try it both before and after the Distortron
Before - the Distortron will give you more sustain
After - the Distortron will give you more amp volume
- Drive: Sets the amount of distortion. Start around 1:00 o'clock.
- Tone: Adjust for treble content. Start around 2:00 o'clock.
- Volume: Adjust for output volume level. Start around 9:00 o'clock.
- Gain Switch: "Lo/Hi" lets you choose standard "Box of Rock" gain level or a slightly boosted level.
- Subs Switch: "2-1-3" lets you choose the full "Box of Rock" sub amount (3) or two different lower levels of subs depending on your amp's needs.
- Drive: The Drive is based on my original Super Hard-On gain control, so it may crackle when turned. This is perfectly normal.
- Power Consumption:
- Battery Required: 9v The low current operation of this pedal's circuit will give longer battery life.
- Current Draw: Approximately 2mA.
The product price includes 4 years' warranty and 60 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 60 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.