Z.Vex Vexter Box of Metal Guitar Pedal
Z.Vex Vexter Box of Metal Guitar PedalDetails
The Vexter Box of Metal by Z.Vex is a destructive high-gain pedal with an extremely effective built-in switchable gate which powerfully reduces noise and unwanted feedback. Its gain and tonal characteristics are somewhat alike to high-gain tube amplifiers that have been the staple of hard rock and metal sounds since the 80's.
On the left is a gate switch which is only effective when the pedal is on (the gate cannot be used separately). On the right, there is a true-bypass switch with an indicator LED to bypass the complete effect. When the gate's LED (on the left side of the pedal) is ON, the gate will be active whenever the pedal is turned on.
Product Ref: 24335View Full Description
Buy on finance from £5.89 per month Finance from £5.89 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £50 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36, 24 or 12 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £50:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|48 months||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £1.41Final Payment: £1.41No settlement fee||£67.68|
|36 months||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £1.78Final Payment: £1.78No settlement fee||£64.08|
|24 months||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £2.57Final Payment: £2.57No settlement fee||£61.68|
|12 months||18.9%||No Deposit||12 months: £4.69Final Payment: £4.69No settlement fee||£56.28|
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £50 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Klarna Finance on the payment page, then click the orange PLACE ORDER USING FINANCE button. This will start your application with Klarna Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases Klarna may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The gate is very useful for cleaning up any noise between palm-muted chords and lead phrases, but may be switched off to initiate feedback or to stretch out soloed notes that are fading into noise. When the gate's LED (left side of the pedal) is on, the gate will be active whenever the pedal is turned on. Switching off and on the gate is silent so the gating action of the pedal can instantly be changed during any part of the performance to fluidly integrate soloing and palm-muted chords.
- The Controls:
- Gate: Adjust for your playing style. When completely clockwise, palm-muting will create an audible thump and bumping the strings will open the gate. Turn down to make the gate tighter. Gate is unaffected by other controls.
- Drive: Sets the amount of distortion. The BOM does NOT clean up. This control goes from hard to very hard. It may crackle when turned... this is perfectly normal.
- Treble: Adjust for treble content. Use this in tandem with your amp's presence and treble controls to get the precise top-end texture... the presence control is very important on your amp, if you have one.
- Midrange: Adjust to accentuate or scoop out mids.
- Bass: Sets the bass/sub-bass level.
- Volume: Sets the output volume of the pedal. Note that the LED on the RIGHT is for the BYPASS switch and the LED on the LEFT is for the GATE. The Drive and control is based on the original Super Hard-On gain control, so it may crackle when turned. This is perfectly normal.
Plug your guitar, or any effect's output, into the right hand input jack. Plug the output into an amp or other effect's input. Watch the output volume setting, with the gate turned on, you may not notice just how loud the pedal really is until you start playing! Set the clean sound on your amp for any level of pristine cleanliness to heavy crunch. The BOM should do very well driving any quantity of nominal distortion. The presence control on your amp will have a strong influence on the top-end texture of your BOM.
- Power Consumption:
Uses 1 9V battery (preferably alkaline, but the unit is shipped with a carbon-zinc battery). The low current process of this pedal's circuit will give you a long battery life. Current draw is about 10mA. A DC power jack is provided on the side of the pedal.
The product price includes 4 years' warranty and 60 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 60 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.