View Full Description
Grand Auditorium Body
The Grand Auditorium is an original Taylor design that was introduced in 1994. It is one of Taylor’s most popular and versatile body shapes, due to producing an original acoustic voice that is big enough to handle medium-strength picking and strumming. It features an impressive balance across the tonal spectrum, especially in the midrange, producing clear, well-defined notes that suit both strumming and fingerstyle playing. It is particularly an ideal choice for singer-songwriters who require a versatile instrument for composing and travelling with.
Unique Bracing Pattern
A significant factor behind the incredible sound of the Taylor 214ce Grand Auditorium Electro Acoustic Guitar is the forward shifted bracing pattern, which allows the tonewoods to vibrate naturally, creating incredible depth and complexity. The 'x' in the bracing pattern is moved closer to the soundhole, enabling more of the guitar top to vibrate, delivering maximum tonal quality and projection.
The Venetian Cutaway is renowned for its soft, round lines, creating a visually stunning look that is recognisable on any body. This type of cutaway allows easier access to the upper frets for a comfortable play, and enables you with more freedom throughout the fingerboard.
The 214ce Grand Auditorium Electro Acoustic Guitar is constructed with a sitka spruce soundboard, paired with a contrasting layered koa body. The Sitka Spruce top wood is one of the most commonly used wood for guitar tops. The combination of strength and elasticity translates into a broad dynamic range, providing crisp articulation and allowing for everything from aggressive strumming and flatpicking to fingerpicking. Perfect for all styles of guitar and players. Paired with layered koa veneers, players can achieve a climate resilient construction, perfect for travelling musicians.
Expression System 2
For added volume at larger events, the 214ce Grand Auditorium is equipped Taylor's Expression System 2 electronics. This revolutionary pickup design features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors, which enable a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before. This high-quality system delivers a superb tone and responsiveness, either on stage, or even in the recording studio.
Quality You Can Trust
Taylor Guitars design and construct each of their guitars to a high standard, ensuring that each time you play, you are getting the best playing experience. All of Taylor’s guitars include an official Taylor case or gig bag, and customers can benefit from a FREE 12 year Taylor European warranty when registering their purchased guitar at www.taylorguitars.com
- Equipped with Expression System 2 electronics that offers a natural sounding amplification
- Grand Auditorium body produces balanced tones and strong projection
- Sitka spruce soundboard delivers a broad dynamic tonal range
- Layered koa body offers a resilient construction and stunning aesthetics
- Includes Taylor hard bag for storage and portable use
- Venetian cutaway offers comfortable playability and easier access to the higher frets
- Ebony fingerboard is ideal for percussive techniques like tapping and hammer ons
- Elixir Phosphor Bronze light strings deliver a distinctive warmth and sparkle, with an extended tone life
Body & Bridge
- Series: 200
- Body Shape: Grand Auditorium
- Back/ Side Wood: Layered Koa
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Bracing: Forward Shifted Pattern
- Finish: Gloss
- Bridge: Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Black
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck Width: 1-11/16"
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fretboard Inlay: 4mm Dot Italian Acrylic
- Nut: Tusq
Electronics & Hardware
- Pickup/ Preamp: Expression System 2
- Tuners:Chrome (100/200)
- Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Buttons: Chrome
- Heel Cap Binding: White
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Colorcore
- Truss Rod Cover: Black Plastic
- Case/Bag: Hard Bag
The product price includes 4 years' warranty and 60 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 60 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.