Squier by Fender J5 Telecaster, Black
Squier by Fender J5 Telecaster, BlackDetails
John 5 is a self-described "Fender fanatic" with a jaw-dropping collection of his favorite instrument, the Telecaster (the greatest guitars ever built, by far, in his words). His Squier signature model, the J5 Telecaster, is a double-bound beauty based on his oft-modded workhorse Telecaster, which was pieced together at the Fender Custom Shop. The man has a lengthy and impressive resume that includes his famous stint with shock rocker Marilyn Manson and his current gig with Rob Zombie, but the list also includes diverse work with some names you might not expect, including Lita Ford, K.D. Lang, David Lee Roth, Meatloaf, Salt-N-Pepa, Lynyrd Skynyrd and many others.
Product Ref: 14004View Full Description
Buy on finance from £12.04 per month Finance from £12.04 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Features include John 5's distinctive black-and- chrome look - a double-bound alder body with a gloss black polyester finish, a polished stainless steel pickguard and chrome hardware. The one-piece maple neck has a modern C shape, a matching black Telecaster headstock and a 12"-radius rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets.
The custom-designed humbucking pickups use a special dual-volume setup with the bridge pickup control in the front position and the neck pickup control in the back position (5 prefers this setup because he spends much time giving the bridge pickup a workout). Rapid toggling the upper-bout three-way pickup switch gives you 5's signature kill effect by turning off the neck pickup volume and leaving the bridge control full up.
Body & Bridge:
- Body: Alder
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Tele® Bridge with Humbucking Pickup Cutout
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Polished Stainless Steel
- Neck: Maple, Modern C Shape, (Gloss Polyester Finish)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12" Radius (305 mm)
- No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
Pickups & Hardware:
- Pickups: 1 Custom Humbucking Pickup with AlNiCo 5 Magnets (Neck), 1 Custom Humbucking Pickup with Ceramic Magnet (Bridge)
- Controls: Volume (Bridge Pickup), Volume (Neck Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Machine Heads: Standard Die-Cast Tuners
- Hardware: Chrome/Stainless Steel
- Strings: Fender Super 250L, Nickel Plated Steel, Gauges: (.009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042), P/N 073-0250-003
- Matching Black Painted Headstock
- Bound Top and Back
- Silver Squier Decal
- Toggle Switch Mounted on Upper Bout
- Chrome Switch Tip
- No Tone Control
- Neck and Bridge Volume Controls are in Opposite Orientation
- White Pearloid Dot Position Inlays
- Narrow Dot Spacing
- Synthetic Bone Nut
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.