View Full Description
Iconic Custom 24 Design
The Custom 24 has been a staple of the PRS range of guitars and has found its way into the hands of countless professional musicians in all sorts of genres. The 2018 Custom 24 continues this legacy and delivers PRS's effortless playability, good-looks, and versatile range of tones. It is constructed with the notorious attention to detail that PRS are known for, and gives you a high performing 24 fret instrument that can be a true workhorse guitar. The SE Floyd model provides you with the Floyd Rose 1000 tremolo system so you can perform pitch effects from mild tremolo through to extreme dive-bombs, safe in the knowledge that your guitar will accurately return to pitch.
The 2018 SE Custom 24 is crafted from resonant and warm-sounding mahogany with a maple top for added bright overtones and harmonic sparkle. This classic combination is coupled with a maple neck and smooth rosewood fingerboard, providing the mid-focus and resonant tonal basis for this guitar.
The Custom 24 range is designed to bring the best of classic guitar designs in a 'half-way' instrument that has its own distinct voice. A 25'' scale length is the ideal compromise for easy string bends but still provides the correct string tension for long sustain and thick tones. The double cutaway asymmetric body and low-profile set-neck joint provide easy access to all 24 frets, with the lower horn featuring a bevelled cut to further assist your left hand. Medium frets are smoothly finished and the whole guitar sits comfortably in your hands, providing an effortless playing experience across the whole fingerboard. The inclusion of 24 frets would usually have connotations of a rock/metal inspired 'shred' guitar, but here you can have all the playability of a 24-fret instrument with the great looks of a classic guitar alongside a versatile yet distinct tonal voice.
PRS brought the 85/15 "S" pickups to the SE range in 2017 and ever since they have been delivering a versatile performance. With a 3-way switch they can access powerful bridge tones and mellow flute-like sounds, to cover all bases from clean sounds through to overdriven aggression or biting lead sounds. They are very responsive to player dynamics and volume/tone control adjustments and will provide a great clarity when performing high-gain music genres. The tone control acts as a push/pull switch to access coil-tapping for single-coil sounds. These features make the PRS SE Custom 24 a versatile instrument with an ability to flick effortlessly between genres; it could be a session player's ideal one-guitar setup.
PRS Build Quality
Anyone who has heard Paul Reed Smith talk about guitars knows that he is fastidious in his research and development and his continual drive to improve his guitar designs. The PRS SE Custom 24 is a true reflection of that, and the SE range has continued to evolve beyond it's initial design brief of being a "Student Edition" instrument. Pro-level machine-heads and bridges along with solid tonewoods and high quality construction methods help to deliver accurate tuning and intonation with a fantastic playing experience. This is a true professional performer that can span the genres and deliver stunning tones and playability night after night.
- Mahogany body with bevelled maple top and flamed maple veneer
- Maple neck with smooth rosewood fingerboard
- 24 medium frets on a 25'' scale fingerboard with bird inlays
- PRS 85/15 'S' Humbucking pickups with 3-way switch and push/pull tone control for coil-tapping
- Double locking Floyd Rose tremolo system
- Double cutaway body with contours and easy top fret access
- Deluxe gig bag included
- Series: SE Custom 24
- Back: Mahogany
- Top: Bevelled Maple Top with Flame Maple Veneer
- Shape: Asymmetric Double Cutaway
- Colour: Gray Black
- Material: Maple
- Shape: Wide Thin
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Inlays: Birds
- Frets: 24 Medium
- Scale Length: 25''
Hardware & Electronics
- Pickups: PRS 85/15 "S" Treble Humbucker, PRS 85/15 "S" Bass Humbucker
- Controls: Volume, Tone with Push/Pull Switch, 3-Way Toggle Switch,
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1000 Double Locking Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS Designed Tuners
- Hardware: Nickel
- Case: Deluxe Gig Bag Included
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.