View Full Description
The iconic StingRay punch
There aren't many basses out there with a sound as recognisable and powerful as the Music Man StingRay. Since its introduction over 40 years ago in 1976, the StingRay bass has found its way into the hands of some of the most legendary bassists of all time. From Flea's funky slap bass tones with Red Hot Chili Peppers to Bernard Edwards of Chic's driving disco sound, this is an instrument with real musical heritage.
That heritage owes a lot to the unique punch the StingRay's active 3-band EQ provides. The first bass to ever feature on-board active EQ, the StingRay is the master of giving you complete control over your tone, while adding an extra kick of sensational power to your sound. This model has an 18V active preamp, giving you tone-tweaking options for bass, treble, and mid, and boosting your sound to deliver an overall voice that's capable of cutting through any mix.
Thunderous bass tone
Punch and power. The StingRay delivers nothing short of pure thunder with every note you play. Featuring a single Music Man humbucker, a gigantic sound is emitted, meaning your powerful bass riffs can be heard through the mix with ease. This first-rate pickup is crafted using neodymium magnets, offering a crisp and defined output throughout your playing. Fat tone, sparkling clarity. It's everything you'd expect from a StingRay.
Built for modern performance
Play effortlessly. The StingRay's meticulous design is crafted for maximum playing comfort. And it shows. A contoured body provides an ergonomic feel in any playing position – standing or sitting – whilst retaining the iconic StingRay style. And, with a dual-cutaway shape, you can enjoy superb access to the upper frets for when you want to add a little spice to your bass playing.
Let your hands glide. A sleek maple fingerboard allows for smooth transitions between frets. So whether you're slapping, playing octaves, or simply riffing away – you can trust that each movement will be fluid and precise. Hit the heights of performance, with a bass that knows what's required for elite playability.
Superior maple neck
Play to perfection. With the sleek roasted maple neck on this finely crafted bass, you'll be able to make your basslines flow into each other smoothly and with precision. From the excellent attention to detail to the super comfortable surface – this bass has everything you need to express yourself on the instrument freely. The roasted maple wood also contributes a touch of brightness to its overall tone, giving your notes that extra definition and punch. It'll inspire you.
Ready for action
It was made for the stage. Boasting an array of high quality hardware, this bass offers incredible reliability. There's a Music Man chrome plated, steel bridge for unrivalled string support. And Custom Music Man tuners ensure that your strings stay well and truly in tune whilst you play. The sturdy pickguard also helps to protect the luscious finish from scratches, whilst adding a beautiful aesthetic of its own. No matter where you take this bass, it will play like a dream.
- Model Name: Music Man StingRay Special Bass H MN, Firemist Silver
- PC: 107ST10W2
- Size: 13-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 44-7/8" long (34.3 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 114.0 cm long)
- Body Wood: Select Hardwoods
- Body Finish: Classic Natural
Neck and Fingerboard
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 8-3/4" (22.2 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide stainless steel
- Neck Width: 1-11/16" (42.86 mm) at nut 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
Hardware and Electronics
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Chrome control cover
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Switching: Single Pickup - 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w (Super Slinky Bass #2834)