View Full Description
2 channels to suit any player
If there's one thing you'll never be without when you've got the Mark Five:35, it's choice. A dual channel design means it's perfectly suited to, well, pretty much any guitarist who's looking for top quality sound. Both channels feature three individual, distinctive voices inspired by some of Mesa Boogie's most iconic Mark Series amps.
Channel one is the ultimate in low-gain versatility. From crystal-clear clean tones to brooding, mid-range overdrives, any low-gain sound is possible. Its three voices are 'Clean', 'Fat', and 'Crunch'. The 'Clean' does pretty much exactly what it says - pristine clean tones. The 'Fat' voice is an extension of this, giving you thicker, richer clean sounds. They've been taken straight from the Mesa Boogie Mark V amplifier. Meanwhile, the 'Crunch' voice will give you a stunning, vintage overdrive - and the low 35 watt power lets you get the sound of EL84 valves being pushed to clip, but at volume levels that won't split your eardrums.
If you're looking for a range of high-gain tones, then channel two is where you'll want to be. It's here that you'll find 'MK.IIC', 'MK.IV', and 'Xtreme' voices. The first two voices, both inspired by classic Mesa Boogie amps as their names suggest, are ideal for lead tones. The former is sharper and more cutting, while the 'MK.IV' is a little thicker. And then it all gets super-modern with the 'Xtreme' mode. High gain, a fast attack, sensational note articulation, and supreme clarity all come together to create the ultimate, flexible high-gain voice. Whatever your needs, the Mark Five:35 has you covered.
Terrific tone shaping
Take complete control of your guitar's tone. The Mesa Boogie Mark Five:35 Head features the legendary 5-band graphic EQ. Providing - you guessed it - five different parameters for you to tweak your sound, you can mould your guitar's voice to suit whatever frequency you're playing at. This is the ultimate toolbox for getting your instrument to sound exactly the way you want it.
The power is in your hands
Quite literally. That's because the Mark Five:35 features switchable power for each channel. So finding the right amount of overdrive or headroom is made incredibly easy. You can choose from the lower output 10 watt mode, 25 watts, or the maximum 35 watts. Superbly functional, this is ideal for players who love a bit of genre hopping.
Stunning cab sound - straight to the mixing desk
If you can't be bothered wiring up to a cab, then you've got the solution built in to the Mesa Boogie Mark Five:35. It includes their fantastic CabClone DI. This cab simulator lets you run straight from the rear panel of the amp to a desk with the authentic sound and feel of a classic Mesa Boogie speaker cab. You can tweak the sonic profile of the simulator too, as it gives you options for closed back or open back sound, as well as ground or lift.
Guitar Interactive Magazine called the Mark Five: 35 a "Fantastic and highly recommended amp."
"But price the phenomenal flexibility and Mesa's superb engineering quality against some of the boutique offerings on the market and the picture changes. Very little, if anything, can match this amp's chameleon-like ability to change its tonal nature to suit your demands."
Read the full review on the Guitar Interactive Magazine Website
About Mesa Boogie
Petaluma-based Mesa Boogie is an American amp manufacturing company, established in 1971 by Randall Smith as a small repair shop. After producing amplifiers for prominent early customers including Carlos Santana and Ron Wood, Mesa Boogie quickly gained a reputation as a high-end amp designer with its iconic Mark Series amplifiers, still produced today. Mesa Boogie is now a prolific company with players in all genres of music.
- 2-channel amplifier with 6 overall voices based on classic Mesa Boogie preamps
- All-tube spring reverb with channel assignable level
- Channel assignable 10/25/35-watt switch
- 3-band EQ with presence - per channel
- Channel 1 mid control with mid-boost function when set from 5-10
- Cab Clone DI output with additional 'Vintage' mode
- Headphone output
- Speaker defeat switch
- Master 5-band EQ
- Master Volume and Solo Volume
- 4-button footswitch and fitted slip cover included
- Type: Valve
- Output Power: 35 Watts RMS Max - Switchable 10/25/35 Watts per channel
- Valves: 4 x EL-84 Power Tubes / 6 x 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Channels: 2
- Ch. 1 = Clean / Fat/ Crunch
- Ch. 2 = Mk.IIc / Mk.IV / Xtreme
- Channels 1+2: Gain, Treble, Mid (with boost), Bass, Presence, Master, EQ (On/Off/Footswitch), Wattage Output (25/10 Watts)
- Channel 1: Voice - CLEAN/FAT/CRUNCH
- Channel 2: Voice - MK. IIC / MK. IV/ XTREME
- EQ: (Hz) 80, 250, 750, 2200, 6600
- Master: Power, Standby, Master Volume 1, Master Volume 2 (SOLO)
- Rear: Reverb (Ch1/Ch2), Cab Clone (Closed Back/Open Back/Vintage), Speaker (On/Off), Lift/Ground
- Footswitchable Functions: Channel Select, EQ, Solo
- Connectivity: Guitar In (1/4''), Buffered Serial FX Loop Send/Return, Cab Clone XLR Out, Headphone Out (1/4'')
- Speaker Outputs: 2 x 4 Ohm, 1 x 8 Ohm
- Chassis Material: Aluminium
- Accessories: Included - 4-button footswitch, Fitted Slip Cover
- Dimensions: 9 1/8'' H x 18 7/8'' W x 10 7/8'' D
- Weight: 12 .25 Kg