View Full Description
Martin X Bracing
The non-scalloped X bracing shape allows the top of your guitar to vibrate freely yet keeps it stable and secure. Bracing reinforces your guitars structure, stops a guitar from collapsing under string tension and shapes the guitar's overall sound.
The Martin DX1RAE is stage-ready and ideal for the gigging guitarist due to its Fishman Sonitone system. Once plugged in you have the option to change tone and volume with rotary controls, or even record with its neat little USB output. The sophisticated system features a soundhole mounted preamp, and comes standard providing a quick, solder-free installation.
Sitka Spruce & HPL Body
The Martin DX1RAE features a solid sitka spruce top which yields crisp articulation and a broad dynamic range. Its sitka spruce top generates a versatile tonality that is well-suited to a wide range of playing styles. Its brightly toned spruce top is accompanied by rosewood patterned high-pressure laminate. HPL is a composite material made from paper and resin that is pressed at a very high pressure. The surface has a rosewood pattern and a protective clear coating, it is not a wood veneer. The unique blend of spruce, and HPL rosewood deliver a strong upper mid and high focus, bright, beautiful ringing tones, and plenty of volume. In addition, this electro acoustic is friendly on both the wallet and the environment.
Rust Birch Laminate Neck & Certified Richlite Fingerboard
The Martin DX1RAE high performance tapered neck is crafted from rust-coloured birch laminate, which provides a high quality feel and smooth playing experience. The neck finished with a special hand rubbing technique to provide players with the smooth, enjoyable playing experience. The birch laminate neck is topped with a certified richlite fingerboard, which is an incredibly durable, extremely versatile, and highly sustainable. Certified richlite is made from resin-infused recycled paper, which provides an environmentally friendly-feel and superbly bright tone. Martin's synthetic touch mimics the look and feel of quality tonewoods exceptionally well, without contributing to the ongoing environmental apocalypse.
The Martin DX1RAE features a dreadnought body, which projects an enormous voice, and maintains overall tonal balance. The dreadnought shape was originally designed for hard pick attack. However through years of superb craftsmanship, Martin have created a stunningly toned, well-balanced dreadnought voice that can handle many genres and styles of play. The big body is ideal for players with a longer reach, and those more comfortable with the dreadnought size. The sheer volume the DX1RAE can project makes it ideal for the singer/songwriter, as vocalists can really push their diaphragm to the max and not feel too loud against the guitar's volume, as it will sing as loud as you do.
Martin's Classic Acoustic Look
The Martin DX1RAE is a beautifully finished guitar with some traditional, sweetly-subtle ornate details to provide players with a beautiful appearance to match its tone. The Martin electro acoustic is finished clear with a hand rubbing technique which shows off its solid sitka spruce top beautifully. It features a faux tortoise shell patterned pickguard multi-stripe soundhole rosette to provide a touch of Martin's signature creativity. The laminate rosewood-patterned back and sides provide a stunning natural aesthetic, blended with its chrome hardware for the most iconic acoustic look known to date. If you crave a natural, classically styled electro acoustic mixed with the art of Martin craftsmanship and quality tone, then the Martin DX1RAE is perfect for you.
- Solid sitka spruce top yields crisp articulation
- Certified richlite fingerboard & rust birch laminate neck project environmentally friendly vibe and stunning tone
- Fishman Sonicore makes this Martin ready for live and rehearsal environments
- X Brace reinforces guitar structure
- Environmentally friendly materials produce great tone and fit the mantra of saving our planet
Body & Bridge
- Construction: Mortoise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Inlaid Boltaron with Red Fiber/ Multiple Black/White/Black
- Bridge Material: Certified Richlite
- Top Braces: 1 Style/Non-Scalloped
- Back Material: Rosewood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Back Purfling: none
- Side Material: Rosewood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Bridge Style: 1 Style Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8''
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Rust Stratabond
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/6 String No Diamond/Standard Taper
- Headstock: Mahogany Pattern HPL with Printed Logo
- Fingerboard Material: Black Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Finish Top: Hand Rubbed Finish
Hardware & Electronics
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Micarta
- Tuning Machines: Chrome with Small Knobs
- Recommended Strings: MSP+ 4100 Coated Light Phosphor Bronze
- Bridge & End Pins: White with Black Dots
- Pickguard: I-01 Tortoise Color
- Interior Label: Foil Label
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
Please note: Martin do not ship their guitars with the strap button installed on the bottom of the guitar. They do this to avoid any impact cracks that may occur during shipping. You can find your strap button inside the case compartment.