View Full Description
Sitka Spruce Top & HPL Body
The Martin DX1AE features a sitka spruce top that yields a crisp, articulate tone with a broad dynamic range, perfect for the player craving a distinct and dynamic sound. Sitka's nature also allows it to produce a clear, powerful sound with a little hint of brightness. Additionally, its strength and elasticity enable the DX1AE to handle anything from meatier chords and aggressive strumming patterns to flat picking and picking, as well as more alternative techniques. The sitka spruce top is attached to mahogany patterned HPL back and sides, providing the guitar with a great tone and a striking visual appeal. Furthermore, HPL (High Pressure Laminate) is an engineered material, designed specifically to make guitars extremely durable and resistant to humidity, even more so than wood. Overall, the HPL back and sides still maintain the premium quality of Martin's meticulous standards and paired with its sitka spruce top, it produces a sonically pleasing tone that is ideal for a numerous genres and playing styles.
Rust Birch Laminate Neck & Certified Richlite Fingerboard
Constructed from hand rubbed rust birch laminate, the DX1AE's neck adds a unique yet great tone to the guitar's sound whilst offering a smooth platform for the left hand. Additionally, the neck features a performing artist shape and a high performance neck taper for enhanced playability, providing a comfortable playing experience throughout long, enduring sets. Furthermore, the neck is topped with an FSC certified richlite fingerboard that simulates the sonically pleasing nature of ebony, adding sustain a plenty of bite to the overall sound.
D-14 Fret Body
The Martin DX1AE has a D-14 fret sized body with a traditional dreadnought shape that offers superb volume and projection while maintaining overall tonal balance. With the DX1AE's big, bold body and mixture of tonewoods, the guitar offers a versatile response with a rich, full sound, perfect for numerous genres and techniques. In addition, the dreadnought body can also accommodate blues, rock, pop, folk, indie, country licks, flat picking and much more. Furthermore, the Martin DX1AE offers a comfortable playing experience for those with a longer reach and the player more comfortable with the brash and curvaceous shape.
Equipped with a discreet Fishman Sonitone preamp, the Martin DX1AE is ideal for live performance and studio environments. The preamp is subtly mounted within the soundhole, and offers basic sound tweaking for live and rehearsal settings. In addition the quality Fishman preamp is versatile and responsive, and features rotary controls for tone and volume. With this, the player can shape their sound by simply plugging in to an amplifier or PA system and tweaking the tone control to personal preference, perfect for the performing musician.
With non-scalloped X-bracing, the guitar's overall structure is reinforced, preventing it from collapsing under string tension. Non-scalloped bracing allows the top to vibrate freely, keeping it stable and enhancing the overall sound for a richer, louder acoustic performance.
- Ideal for the performing musician due to built-in Fishman electronics
- HPL back and sides not only add durability but project a great tone with a striking visual appeal
- Sitka spruce top allows the DX1AE to handle picking and strumming techniques with equal ease
- Dreadnought body projects rich, full sound whilst being perfectly-suited to numerous genres and playing styles
- High performance neck taper and performing artist neck profile provides a smooth and comfortable platform for the left hand
- Faux tortoise pickguard, chrome hardware and multi-stripe rosette provides a classic yet stylish appearance
- Non-scalloped X-bracing gives the guitar superb volume and projection for a rich, full and expressive performance
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Body Material: HPL Mahogany Pattern
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Body Type: Dreadnought
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop In Saddle
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Colour: Natural
- Finish: Hand Rubbed
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Rust Birch Laminate
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Neck Taper: High Performance
- Neck Finish: Hand Rubbed
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: White Plastic
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock Shape: Solid w/ Standard Taper
- Headstock Material: Rosewood Pattern HPL
- Scale Length: 25.4''
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Enclosed Gear
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
- Controls: Volume/Tone
Please note: Martin do not ship their guitars with the strap button installed on the bottom of the guitar. They do this to avoid any impact cracks that may occur during shipping. You can find your strap button inside the case compartment.