Product Ref: 47607View Full Description
Buy on finance from £136.52 per month Finance from £136.52 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Quality Solid Sitka Spruce & East Indian Rosewood Construction
The Martin D-42 features a solid sitka spruce top which produces a versatile sound that is able to accommodate numerous genres and techniques with ease; from lighter fingerpicking styles, to heavier more aggressive strumming patterns. In addition, its stunning sitka spruce top also yields a crisp and articulate tone with a broad dynamic range, and a focused, clear sound of deep lows, warm mid-range, and bright singing highs. Furthermore, its versatile solid top is accompanied by East Indian rosewood back and sides, which combined with its sitka spruce top provides players with an incredibly balanced and versatile palette of tones. The rosewood back and sides also produce rich warmth with superb resonance and volume.
With a dreadnought body, the Martin D-42 projects an enormous acoustic voice, yet still maintains overall tonal balance. Its big body and combination of tonewoods give the D-42 a powerful bass response that is balanced with articulate highs, offering a truly sonically pleasing tone that is one of the 'must-haves' for every guitarist. The well-rounded and balanced tone produced is able to accommodate numerous genres and playing styles with ease, from rock, pop, indie, folk and country. Furthermore, the big and bold dreadnought body offers a comfortable playing experience, although it is better-suited to players more comfortable with bigger-bodied guitars, and those with a longer reach.
Mahogany Neck & Ebony Fingerboard
Constructed from mahogany, the D-42's neck delivers a sonically pleasing warmth that is both mellow and resonant. Mahogany's nature also enables it to respond greatly to numerous playing styles and techniques, meaning each chord strum and each note picked will be clear, pure, and projected with superb amounts of volume. In addition, the neck is topped with an ebony fingerboard which adds a bright attack, superb sustain, and plenty of bite to the guitar's overall sound. Furthermore, the fingerboard is sprinkled with abalone style 45 snowflake inlays, adding elegance to its already premium appearance.
Plek Pro For Enhanced Playability
Plek Technology uses a computer-controlled machine that carefully measures each fret, along with the fingerboard height under each string. This innovative Plek Technology then automatically dresses each fret, virtually eliminating string buzz and greatly improving the overall playability of the guitar. This pioneering process does the same work in a matter of minutes in comparison to how long it takes a luthier to complete the same job which can take up to several hours, sometimes even days to accomplish.
Forward Shifted Scalloped X Bracing
With forward shifted X bracing and a scalloped shape, the guitar's overall structure is reinforced, preventing it from collapsing under string tension. Shifting the braces around, the sound of the guitar can be almost manipulated, allowing for superb projection, and a beautifully crystal clear and powerful sound.
Real Bone Nut
The D-42 features a real bone nut, which offers excellent resonance and sustain, along with an authentic appearance. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
- All-solid wood construction projects sublime tone with a powerful response
- Dreadnought body delivers an excellent bass response balanced by articulate highs
- Plek technology for enhanced playability
- Real bone nut self lubricates enables players to stay in tune longer
- Forward shifted X brace for a rich sound with superior projection
- Aging toner gloss top and vintage ornate details for a classic pre-war Martin appearance
- Gold hardware, grained ivoroid binding & faux tortoise pickguard offers a premium appearance
Body & Bridge
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Top Material: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Top Colour: Aging Toner
- Body Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly Drop In Saddle
- Bridge Pins: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Abalone
- Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Material: Abalone w/ Multi-Stripe
- Side Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Rosette: Abalone w/ Multi-Stripe
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Neck Taper: Standard
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Abalone Style 45 Snowflake
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Material: Bone
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Hardware Colour: Gold
- Tuning Machines: Open Gear
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Molded Hardshell
Please note: Martin do not ship their guitars with the strap button installed on the bottom of the guitar. They do this to avoid any impact cracks that may occur during shipping. You can find your strap button inside the case compartment.
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.