Martin D-41 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Martin D-41 Dreadnought Acoustic GuitarDetails
Product Ref: 56261View Full Description
Buy on finance from £113.34 per month Finance from £113.34 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Solid Sitka Spruce & East Indian Rosewood
The Martin D-41 features a sitka spruce top, paired with an east Indian rosewood body offering a traditional appearance and a superb tone. This stunning sitka spruce top produces a crisp, versatile tone suitable for many styles of playing, and an un-muddied sound which will retain its clarity when you strum hard. The spruce top will also deliver a wide, very usable, dynamic tonal palette. The wood itself is quite elastic in nature, which resonates well whilst remaining strong, and provides a focused, clear sound of deep lows, warm midi-range, and bright singing highs. As well as sitka spruce, rosewood is very resonant, with a deep warm bass and features a stunning grain that complements the contrasting spruce top. The East Indian rosewood will produce sparkling highs, swelling overtones, and bring depth to the guitar's overall sound.
Mahogany Neck & Ebony Fingerboard
The neck is crafted from mahogany and is topped with an ebony fingerboard that provides a bright attack, great sustain, and excellent durability. The reason why many guitar necks are made from mahogany is because the wood responds greatly to picking techniques, strumming, and various finger techniques with equal ease. The mahogany neck boasts sweet rich tones and contains distinct character of soft warmth, but is well balanced with a bite of its own. The D-41 neck has a low profile shape that provides comfort and ease of playability from a 25.4 inch scale length. The neck has a satin finish for smooth play and the ebony fingerboard has been dressed via Martin's Plek Pro machine for enhanced playability. The quality construction and choice of tonewoods is topped off beautifully with reduced hexagon fingerboard markers, inlaid in abalone with contrasting gold hardware to provide a sophisticated, extremely classy Martin acoustic.
Plek Technology Brings Enhanced Playability
The Plek is a German-made, computer-controlled machine that carefully measures each fret, along with the fingerboard height under each string, and then automatically dresses each fret, virtually eliminating string buzz and greatly improving the overall playability of the guitar. This pioneering process does in minutes what it takes a luthier several hours sometimes even days to accomplish. Every fret is accurately aligned, and the guitar is properly intonated, leaving the instrument Plek Pro finished and amazingly playable.
Enormous Dreadnought Voicing
The Martin D-41 wears the curvaceous dreadnought body shape, which provides an enormous voice, and maintains overall tonal balance. The dreadnought shape was originally designed for hard pick attack. However through years of superb craftsmanship, Martin have created a stunningly toned, well-balanced dreadnought voice that can handle many genres and styles of play. The Martin dreadnought shape is most well known for its incredible bass response and massive volume projection. The dreadnought body is most suited to players more comfortable with bigger bodied guitars.
Real Bone Nut
The D-41 features a real bone nut, which offers excellent resonance and sustain, along with an authentic appearance. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
Martin Scalloped X Bracing
The D-41 uses Martin's authentic scalloped brace pattern. Bracing is very important when it comes to your guitar's durability, it reinforces a guitar's top and back, which provides a strong, durable top. Scalloped bracing stops your guitar from collapsing under string tension and shapes the guitar's sound, and allows the top to vibrate more freely yet remains incredibly stable. Scalloped bracing provides more emphasis to the bass response of the guitar and has been rewarded for enhancing the guitar top production.
The Martin D-41 is one for pleasing ornate details, featuring stunning abalone fingerboard inlays in the reduced hexagon shape. The abalone inlays are used to dress the dreadnought's curves along side its white binding, and also situated around the sound-hole to provide an extremely pleasing aesthetic. The abalone inlays are complimented in true Martin style via its faux tortoise pick-guard and contrasting gold hardware. The East Indian rosewood headstock is incredibly aesthetically pleasing, featuring square/diamond taper, gold enclosed gear machineheads, and the stunning C.F Martin block styled hieroglyphs inlaid in abalone. The twinkling Martin logo also inlaid in abalone really compliments the guitar's overall persona and provides a truly outstanding Martin aesthetic as well as a very sonically pleasing instrument.
- Dreadnought body shape accommodates a variety of different playing styles
- Solid East Indian rosewood body with solid sitka spruce top delivers broad dynamics
- Excellent bass response with articulate highs
- Perfect for any level of player
- Scalloped X bracing offers stability and strength
- Ebony fingerboard is ideal for percussive techniques
- Includes moulded hardshell case for safe transportation
- Satin finish on the neck offers comfortable playability
- Bone nut delivers excellent resonance and sustain, with perfect intonation
Body & Bridge
- Model: D-41
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 45
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 45
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: White Boltaron
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: White Boltaron
- Top Inlay Style: Abalone Pearl with Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Abalone Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color - Beveled & Polished
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /C.F. Martin Block- Select Abalone Pearl
- Heelcap: White Boltaron
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Reduced Hexagon
- Fingerboard Binding: White Boltaron
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gold Enclosed w/ Large Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Interior Label: none
- Case: 640 Molded
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.