Martin D-18E Retro Electro Acoustic Guitar
Martin D-18E Retro Electro Acoustic GuitarDetails
Product Ref: 34179View Full Description
Buy on finance from £73.71 per month Finance from £73.71 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Forward Shifted X Brace
The Martin D-18E has forward shifted X bracing, which means the X has been shifted upwards slightly in comparison the standard X bracing. This allows even more room for the top to vibrate, bringing you a richer, clearer tone, with reinforced structure. Bracing is very important for a guitar as it stops it collapsing in on itself and keeps the structure strong and durable.
Sitka Spruce & Mahogany Soundboard
The Martin D-18E Retro features a solid sitka spruce top which delivers a wide, very usable, dynamic tonal palette. Its sitka spruce top also has a broad dynamic range and yields crisp articulation. The spruce top is balanced out well by the mahogany back and sides, as mahogany is denser and produces a richer tone, with emphasised warmth in the mid and low ranges. Mahogany also contains distinct character of soft warmth, but is well balanced, with a bite of its own. Used as back and sides panels, the mahogany produces a meaty mid-range, producing punchy, woody tones with plenty of depth and complexity that will please most playing styles.
The Martin D-18E features a dreadnought body, which provides an enormous voice, and maintains overall tonal balance. The dreadnought shape was originally designed for hard pick attack. However through years of superb craftsmanship, Martin have created a stunningly toned, well-balanced dreadnought voice that can handle many genres and styles of play. In addition, its dreadnought body provides a comfortable playing experience, and is well-suited to players that are more comfortable with bigger bodied guitars.
Select Hardwood Neck
The Martin D-18E Retro features a select hardwood neck, offering resonance and great durability as well as its sleek, modern profile, and high performance taper for enhanced playability. For smooth playability, the neck is finished in satin. The neck is topped with an extremely responsive ebony fingerboard that adds a snappy, crisp, bright attack to the overall sound as well as smooth sustain. In addition, its matching fingerboard and bridge also apply clarity and a well defined punch.
Martin Guitar Playability - ENHANCED
For 183 years, Martin have been at the forefront of guitar innovation and premier craftsmanship, bringing consumers some of the best acoustic guitars possible. The iconic Martin tone is known worldwide and playability has become an important characteristic that sets Martin guitars aside from others within the acoustic world. Martin's manufacturing processes have been perfected by their Plek machines, the Plek process helps Martin guitars maintain their undeniable tone.
The Plek Pro has been developed for use in guitar production factories as a tool that not only does precise fingerboard dressing, but also helps with quality control. The computer controlled device scans and dresses the guitar under actual playing conditions, strung and tuned to pitch for using precise string tension emulation. This machine has been a major break through over the last decade, as its eye for detail identifies exactly what needs to be done for perfect fretwork. The Plek Pro delivers you with perfect results, raises the quality of the instrument, and gives you a beautifully toned, easy to play acoustic guitar.
Equipped With Fishman Electronics
The Martin D-18E Retro comes equipped with the Fishman Aura VT Enhance, making it ideal for live and rehearsal environments. In 2016 Martin introduced the sophisticated Aura VT Enhance preamp system which offers advanced and innovative technology, described as the virtual blender of all pickups. The Aura is able to combine the raw pickup signal with an acoustic image that reveals the true personality of an acoustic. The Aura VT Enhance with acoustic imaging features a new bridge plate mounted transducer to add dimension, resonance, and body to the tone of the guitar.
The Martin D-18E Retro was constructed and designed with vintage aesthetics and tone in mind. Whilst its tone comes from the vintage build to provide you with retro characteristics, Martin have also managed to get creative and finish the D-18E Retro with a vintage appearance. The Martin Retro is features an aging toner gloss top to recreate the pleasing pre-war acoustic aesthetic. The mahogany back and sides provide a beautiful natural colouring which contrasts well against chrome hardware. The D-18E projects everything retro via taking aesthetics from pre-war acoustics and bringing the vintage vibe back to the future. Martin have chosen a classic faux tortoise pickguard to accompany the aged toner top, and old style 18-stripe rosette, providing players with a classic, authentic pre-war appearance that is sure to look superb on stage.
- Aging toner top offers vintage appearance
- Sleek modified low oval neck for enhanced playability
- Fishman Aura VT Enhance projects the sound of 1937 Martin guitars
- Genuine mahogany back and sides produce distinct warmth
- Neck satin finish for smooth play and pleasing aesthetic
Body & Bridge
- Model: D-18E Retro
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 18
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Back Purfling: Old Style 18
- Side Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Endpiece: Tortoise Color
- Binding: Tortoise Color
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss w/ Aging Toner
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly w/ Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Bridge & End Pins: Black w/ White Dots
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile w/ Performing Artist Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: Tortoise Color
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Old Style 18 - Green Abalone
- Finish Neck: Satin
Hardware & Electronics
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura Plus
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open-Geared w/ Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 445 Hardshell
- Other Options: Available left-handed at no additional charge (please call to enquire)
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.